• Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2311H IPS
      • Internet:
      • 10mb/s cable from virgin media

Re: Saitek Cyborg mouse

Quote Originally Posted by t1n0m3n View Post
    I upgraded my keyboard after a beer accident from a g15 to a cyborg. I must say that the cyborg is a much better keyboard in my opinion. I love the touch controls. The macro keys on both sides is much better. The lighting is much better. The tactile response of the keys themselves is much better. Also the programming software is better, more in-depth, and more versatile than the g15's software.

I like the keyboard so much that I went ahead and bought the mouse too. I upgraded from an MX1000 logitech (that was having battery life issues.) This mouse is way better than the logitech. The ergonomics are a bit strange, but I am getting used to the way the mouse feels. Having so many programmable buttons on the thumb is crazy cool. The only complaint I have is that the hat's press button is kind of hard to use without setting off the directional buttons. So I don't use it. I use the mouse at 3200 dpi full time, and I set the sensitivity in windows down.

Edit:
    I will say that I hate the way that the mouse and keyboard look. I think that they look a bit cheesy.

Alot of reviews always complain about the software for saitek key maping, glad there is more people who think its good. Its very simple and easy to use, who wants a gimicky interface thats hard to use , if the keyboard ever came down to ~£30 i would buy it but i just cant justify paying around £50 for it, will take it over the logitech i think because its saitek and lasts so long(10year old joystick, still goin strong xD). The mouse is great, the hat button? how do u use that i only knew there was the 4 way d pad and the side thumb and then the 2 forward and backward buttons.
    Quote Originally Posted by snootyjim View Post
    Trust me, go into any local club and shout "I've got dual Nehalem Xeons" and all of the girls will practically collapse on the spot at the thought of your e-penis

Thanks

Re: Saitek Cyborg mouse

Don't ever purchase this Cyborg mouse or any other product from Saitek for that matter. Yes, it looks nice, yes THEY say it's a professional gaming mouse but in fact their product sucks big time.
    I have purchased the Cyborg mouse with the Cyborg keyboard. After a year or a year and a half the right click button started to cause problems. I had to push 5-6 times before the command would work. I looked on the internet how to dissasemble the mouse (by the way it's very complicated) to clean it but the problem still persisted. And now i have another problem with the mouse. The left click started to cause me problems exactly like the right one. I entered the saitek forums to post my problems but SURPRISE, the saitek forum administrator has disabled the user register. I heard that the interior pieces are made from crappy materials and they don't last.
    I want to say that i play 3-4 hours on week days and 1-2 hours on weekends but this is no excuse. Exactly because I play alot I have bought a BIG F***ING PROFESSIONAL MOUSE and payed for it a lot of money in my country.

Now for the Cyborg keybord problem. 5 months ago, all of a sudden the left CTRL started not working. I had to press real hard. After a week the CTRL is completly dead. BTW i didn't spill anything on the keyboard. The left CTRL key is an important key but not as much as SPACE or WASD. Those keys are working perfect.

Bottom line. Don't ever buy Saitek Cyborg Mouse & Keyboard. I respected the company before I bought their products beacause I read about them and the Cyborg Franchise in a local Game Magazine, but that's what a good promotion means, I guess. If you want a professional mouse buy it from another company. Every other company is better than Saitek. Peace out!

Thread Information