Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any thoughts on Corsair HX620W PSU?

Thanks

Re: Any thoughts on Corsair HX620W PSU?

On the other hand, the HX are almost unsurpassed when it comes to low noise. Almost in the sense that there are totally passively cooled PSU, but you do sacrifice a lot from going a very quiet 120mm fan to no fan at all. In that aspect, the HX even surpasses Seasonic M12 since the later added a 60mm fan - which does comparatively little in terms of improving cooling, yet add that little more noise. The thing I was most impressed by Enermax is.. the RMA efficiency. No sarcasm here, I can't praise the PSU for 'low noise', I can't praise it for having to be replaced (though I realise 'things happens'), yet I received a brand new unit within 5 working days counting from the day I sent the unit out.

The late but legendary peterb - Onward and Upward peterb's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
    ==========snip

The cables also feel very flimsy and of 'not good' quality.

=snip=

At the end of the day, they will run most rigs perfectly well.
    I agree with the comment about the cables (and thank you NVlucky for the comment about heating them - but its not the insulation that is the problem I think it is the actual wire inside - not very flexible) and I found that disappointing. I haven't taken the cover off to see what the build quality is like though.

But as you say, at the end of the day, they will run most kit perfectly well - and they are are probably better than a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by TooNice View Post
    On the other hand, the HX are almost unsurpassed when it comes to low noise. ===snip
    Yes - and it was partly on that reputation that I bought mine - and in that respect I haven't been disappointed!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Been helped or just 'Like' a post? Use the Thanks button!
    My broadband speed - 750 Meganibbles/minute

Registered+
    Thanks
    • ring.of.steel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit NF-M2 Nview
      • CPU:
      • athlon x2 4200+ am2
      • Memory:
      • 8gb ocz ddr2 667
      • Storage:
      • 2 x 80gb raid 0
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 8800gt alpha dog
      • PSU:
      • corsair 520hx
      • Case:
      • lian li pc7 plus
      • Monitor(s):
      • dell 2007wfp
      • Internet:
      • virgin media 4mb

i have the 520hx and it is a wonderfull rock solid psu

Thanks
    • Blitzen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ABIT iX38 QuadGT
      • CPU:
      • Intel Quad Q6600 @ 3.6Ghz : 30 Degrees Idle - 41-46 Degrees Load
      • Memory:
      • 4 x 1GB OCZ Platinum PC6400 @ 4-4-4-12
      • Storage:
      • 2 x 500GB Samsung Spinpoints - RAID 0
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 285
      • PSU:
      • Enermax MODU 82+ 625W
      • Case:
      • Antec Nine Hundred
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Viewsonic Q22wb 22" Widescreen - 5ms
      • Internet:
      • O2 premium @ 17mb

Quote Originally Posted by TooNice View Post
    On the other hand, the HX are almost unsurpassed when it comes to low noise. Almost in the sense that there are totally passively cooled PSU, but you do sacrifice a lot from going a very quiet 120mm fan to no fan at all. In that aspect, the HX even surpasses Seasonic M12 since the later added a 60mm fan - which does comparatively little in terms of improving cooling, yet add that little more noise. The thing I was most impressed by Enermax is.. the RMA efficiency. No sarcasm here, I can't praise the PSU for 'low noise', I can't praise it for having to be replaced (though I realise 'things happens'), yet I received a brand new unit within 5 working days counting from the day I sent the unit out.
    I agree totally about the noise from the Corsair. There isnt any.
    I am a little suprised that you thought the Liberty wasnt very quiet. I cant hear mine at all.

That RMA turn around is exceptional. I have never had to RMA one yet but i did hear that their RMA process was good. I didnt realise it was that good though.

Thanks

HX620 is now installed and running sweet. I'd say that the PSU itself looks and feels solid enough, but I can see what you mean about the cables... Other than their rigidity, they feel very cheap and plasticy! I think you could get better quality cable from B&Q.

Still, it's running sweet on my DFI board with no problems whatsoever!

My only real gripe is the number of Floppy connectors. OK, I know floppies are dying, and those that use them are showing their age, but I always pop a floppy drive into any new build for posterities sake if nothing else! However, my DFI also have a floppy connector on MoBo, and the single Molex to Floppy splitter (Y-piece) can't be used to connect this and my floppy drive.... they are just too far apart. Plenty of other cables though, with different connectors and lengths for everything inside my rig.

Corsair Air 540, Asus Prime X570-Pro, Win 10 Pro, AMD R9 3900X, Corsair HX 750, EVGA 1080 Ti, 2x Corsair 2TB MP600, 2x 2TB WD20EZRX, 4x8GB Corsair Dominator, custom watercooled (single loop, 2 rads)
    Corsair 550D, Asus X470-Prime Pro, Win 10 Pro, AMD R7 2700, Corsair RM750i, Asus GTX780 Poseidon, 2x Sammy 500GB 970 EVO, 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance, custom watercooled (single loop, 2 rads)
    Synology DS918+ w/ 2xWDC Green 3TB + 2x Seagate Barracuda 6TB, N2200 w/ 2xSammy 1.5TB
    backup:
    Corsair 500R, Gigabyte GA-Z97MX Gaming 5, Win 10 Pro, i5 4690, Corsair HX750i, Sapphire Fury X, 256GB Sammy SM951 M.2 (System), WD SE16 640GB, 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance, Corsair H100i

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information