Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3 dead pixels already and its only 1 day old!!!

w33d smoka
    Thanks
    like i said earlier guys,,i realy dont wanna rma it anyway as ive grown very fond ofit and would hate to have to do without it now for the sake of 3 dead pixels,of wich 2 are litterally tiny and can only be seen on a dark screen(if u realy look for them),and the 3rd which is hidden by the taskbar in windows anyway,,although it can be seen when gaming etc (just a constant bright blue dot,where the other 2 are white dots) realy i would be alot happier if what directhex said about dead pixels being a manufacturing defect and also that they dont develop over time was actually true to word ((not that i want to question ure judgement hex or i wouldnt be in here lookin for answers)) but is this actually true,,that dead pixels dont develop over time??

if it is it means ive been wrong all along as i thought like probably many others that dead pixels were caused by prolonged use etc and just occurred naturally with age (its good to learn somethin new everyday)

i guess im just a little paranoid becouse ive always had crt monitors and gotten used to their reliability,, although my 17" lg flatron actually died for no reason 2 weeks ago,and it was only just over a yeer old and i was devastated lol,but thnx to lg they quickly shipped me a replacement and took away the broke 1 without question!

i dont know a thing about these tft screens and i guess im just lookin for feedback from people who own them,,how reliable are they for example??
    am i the only 1 who has dead pixels or does every1 have em to some degree but just arent as piccy as me?
    i figure that they must be reasonably reliable as this 1 (not sure about any others) has a 3 year on site warranty,,but what does my warranty cover??i never got anything in the box other than a monitor setup guide and a tco99 ecology energy emmisions leaflet!
    a guy i know says hes been runnin his tft for nearly 3 yeers now without any problems which was reasuring considering i bought 1 of the cheaper tft,s on the market at £300
    but then again his isnt made by aoc,has any1 out there got an aoc tft or can tell me what sort of reputation aoc have as a company,i can vouch for the quality of their tft,s as im more than happy with my new 1 ,it has a very bright screen compared to both my conventional 17" crt monitors and actually takes some gettin used to after nearly 4 years of using crt,s
    and for some strange reason it actually makes my 17s look tiny,even my lg flatscreen looks so small compared to this 18" tft!

sorry this is so long,lol

Banned
    Thanks

unreal

hahaha only the computer industry can get away with type of thing, dead pixels how ridiculous well all I can say is one im glad ive not bought a TFT and ill stick with my sharper CRT monitor, two WOULD YOU BUT UP WITH YOUR TV LIKE THAT DON’T THINK SO, ID SEND IT BACK!! I’ve built loads of computers with TFT and never seen dead pixels I wouldn’t insult my customers giving them a TFT with dead pixels, it’ll drive you mad!!
    Last edited by Jonny M; 29-05-2004 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Removed large signature - please edit it in your User CP

Thanks
    Erm, you can't send it back. The specifications of the TFT and hence the pixel errors which are considered OK are there for everyone to read. If the store took it back off you, then the manufacturer wouldn't take it back off the store.

And if you were to never give your customers a TFT with dead pixels, you'd soon build up a collection of screens with pixel faults.

Also, your signature is far too big. It's bigger than your post. Please try and get it down to around 5 lines. Thanks.

HEXUS.net Webmaster
    Thanks
    Also, fix the full stop key on your keyboard. Any more posts like that and they will be deleted. If you've got something to say make the effort to apply the basics of grammar and coherence to it.

Thanks
    You can return it, just don't give "dead pixels" as your excuse, you're a bright boy think up a gooden.

Banned
    Thanks
    Full stops what the hell you on! shame some people dont get a life!!!! full friggin stop.
    he thinks hes at school sad.................ha haha hahaha eerrmm

Sublime HEXUS.net
    Thanks
    • Stoo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Mac Pro
      • CPU:
      • 2*Xeon 5450 @ 2.8GHz, 12MB Cache
      • Memory:
      • 32GB 1600MHz FBDIMM
      • Storage:
      • ~ 2.5TB + 4TB external array
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI Radeon HD 4870
      • Case:
      • Mac Pro
      • Operating System:
      • OS X 10.7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" Samsung 244T Black
      • Internet:
      • Zen Max Pro
    adios amigo..
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Thanks
    bogs dollocks - last wanring bud. We dont tollerate that kinda of abuse to any members here, nevermind the webmaster of HEXUS.

Please calm down a bit mate !
    Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    And by trying to force me to like small pants, they've alienated me.

MD
    Thanks
    • MD's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77-M PRO
      • CPU:
      • i5 - i3570k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Corsair Vengeance
      • Storage:
      • 2 x 256GB SSD's (Samsung and Crucial)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • NVidia 640
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 600W
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ08e MATX
      • Operating System:
      • Win 8
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" Dell Flat Panel
      • Internet:
      • 60mb Virgin Media
    If it helps in any way I have an AOC LM720A, had it two years, still got a year to go on the AOC warranty, no dead pixels, perfect performance, I love it, would have it any day over a CRT (I use a 22" HP in the office and don;t like it as much to work on as my TFT)

m@
    Please do not message me about Scan Free shipping, I no longer work for HEXUS.net

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by micovwar
    hi ,,just taken delivery of my aoc lm800 18" tft yesterday and although im quite happy with it i noticed within 30 mins of trying it out i had a dead pixel ,then noticed when i was squinting to look for more theres actually another 2 ,although tiny, the first 1 i noticed is actually quite annoying when ure on a black screen or anythin like that!!

its just a constant blue dot nommatter whats onscreen,where its located tho isnt realy a prob as its right on the bottom of the screen where the taskbar sits,,and when in windows u realy have to struggle to see it in the taskbar but when loading anything or booting up windows where ure faced with a black screen its quite noticeable and i fear that maybe more will come,,

can any1 tell me how fast these dead pixels apear and howcome ive got a few on my brand new tft,i heard somewhere that pretty much all tft,s have atleast 1 dead pixel somewhere onscreen but i thought that sounded abit flakey realy,,now that ive already got a few should i be worried incase more appear?

thnx

Sorry! I went Dell, and I have NONE!!!!

Not bad for $900 dollars, Whats your pixle response time?

Thanks
    • directhex's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus ROG Strix B550-I Gaming
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 5900x
      • Memory:
      • 64GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB
      • Storage:
      • 2TB Seagate Firecuda 520
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra
      • PSU:
      • EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G3
      • Case:
      • NZXT H210i
      • Operating System:
      • Ubuntu 20.04, Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 34GN850
      • Internet:
      • FIOS
    Quote Originally Posted by micovwar
    like i said earlier guys,,i realy dont wanna rma it anyway as ive grown very fond ofit and would hate to have to do without it now for the sake of 3 dead pixels,of wich 2 are litterally tiny and can only be seen on a dark screen(if u realy look for them),and the 3rd which is hidden by the taskbar in windows anyway,,although it can be seen when gaming etc (just a constant bright blue dot,where the other 2 are white dots) realy i would be alot happier if what directhex said about dead pixels being a manufacturing defect and also that they dont develop over time was actually true to word ((not that i want to question ure judgement hex or i wouldnt be in here lookin for answers)) but is this actually true,,that dead pixels dont develop over time??

if it is it means ive been wrong all along as i thought like probably many others that dead pixels were caused by prolonged use etc and just occurred naturally with age (its good to learn somethin new everyday)

i guess im just a little paranoid becouse ive always had crt monitors and gotten used to their reliability,, although my 17" lg flatron actually died for no reason 2 weeks ago,and it was only just over a yeer old and i was devastated lol,but thnx to lg they quickly shipped me a replacement and took away the broke 1 without question!

i dont know a thing about these tft screens and i guess im just lookin for feedback from people who own them,,how reliable are they for example??
    am i the only 1 who has dead pixels or does every1 have em to some degree but just arent as piccy as me?
    i figure that they must be reasonably reliable as this 1 (not sure about any others) has a 3 year on site warranty,,but what does my warranty cover??i never got anything in the box other than a monitor setup guide and a tco99 ecology energy emmisions leaflet!
    a guy i know says hes been runnin his tft for nearly 3 yeers now without any problems which was reasuring considering i bought 1 of the cheaper tft,s on the market at £300
    but then again his isnt made by aoc,has any1 out there got an aoc tft or can tell me what sort of reputation aoc have as a company,i can vouch for the quality of their tft,s as im more than happy with my new 1 ,it has a very bright screen compared to both my conventional 17" crt monitors and actually takes some gettin used to after nearly 4 years of using crt,s
    and for some strange reason it actually makes my 17s look tiny,even my lg flatscreen looks so small compared to this 18" tft!

sorry this is so long,lol
    a tft size is measured on how much you see, i.e. if you get a tapemeasure, an 18" tft is 18" diagonal. a CRT is measured on the size of the tube, where about 1" of that will be covered by the plastic screen casing - so a 17" crt is about 16" diagonal.

there's nothing special about having dead pixels, i have some (i think 2, i couldn't even tell you where they are anymore), that's a screen i've had for almost 2 years.

Thanks
    I odered a Viewsonic TFT @ work and when it arrived i had a dead pixel in the middle of the screen. I was very annoyed and I forced the provider to take it back and to gimme a new one. He came back days later with a new one and told me that he encountered lots of problems to return it to his wholesaler, who actually gave him the conditions for returning TFTs (t'was something like 7 dead pixels on a ViewSonic TFT for it be to exchanged). TFTs are nice but the dead pixel(s) problem remains the main issue.

Good luck

xfactor

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent
    bogs dollocks - last wanring bud. We dont tollerate that kinda of abuse to any members here, nevermind the webmaster of HEXUS.

Please calm down a bit mate !
    No offence meant, Hey Agent you have a spelling mistake but don’t tell webmaster he may delete it! Just thought I would point it out as every one likes to.
    Like the pic.

Thanks
    My 2 month old Iiyama E431S now has dead pixels, paid for a pixel check, seemed clear until early last week and there it was. One fully off in the top right corner, about 5mm down, and 5mm in from the right. Its not bad, guess on the face of it if you going to have one its pretty good place for it. Totally bummed when i noticed it, thought i might be lucky for once and have a perfect item for a change.

As others have said its sadly one of the gambles with TFT's, its a shame as ive been so impressed with them. Using it for work its so easy to sit in front off, no eye strain, no dry eyes its a great. Like most things in life nothings perfect

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information