Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Annoying error on startup.

Banned
    Thanks
    Could have just been a freak occurance. Just ensure you're running stock when you try a fresh install and for at least a few days after. Are you able to determine which update did it? Unless it was coincidence.

See you space cowboy!
    Thanks
    umm... It was a huge one I know that.

See you space cowboy!
    Thanks
    OK this is getting WAYYYY out of line. I just reformatted AND did a fixmbr AFTER I reformatted, and none of that did ANYTHING to help out this problem. Seriously there is something WACK! WHAT THE HECK IS IT? Does anyone have ANY clue? I am sooo sure it cant be the bios because I flashed my mobo AFTER this happend but maybe the windows update did something stupid to it or something? Does anyone have ANY suggestions or ideas? I am sooo angry with my computer right now lol.

Thanks for your help guys.

Banned
    Thanks
    Not that it should matter but did you reset your BIOS back to defaults after flashing? Were you sure to get the exact BIOS as NF7 v1.x and v2.0 use diff files? Esp try toggling 'PnP OS = yes/no' and resetting Resource Management (both in the BIOS). Reinsert cards, RAM and cables. Perhaps try removing all PCI cards and disabling onboard stuff. Is everything running within spec (RAM, voltages etc)?

Did you install an OS after formatting your HD? What filesystem, partn size etc? Abit NF7 v2.0 is a top mobo, seems strange you'd have problems. What's your complete system spec? You may end up having to try each of your parts in a known working PC in order to find a culprit (or more).

See you space cowboy!
    Thanks
    Muahahaha my harddrive was completely burned ahhh! lol so now i'm downloading and installing drivers because I lost EVERYTHING!!! so lets see here... lol 1 down 200 more to go uhgg.

Thanks
    did u use windows update to install drivers? cos thats not usually a good idea

See you space cowboy!
    Thanks
    naa Windows Update just pops up in the task bar and then you hold the mouse over it and it says the percent done it is. Its all good now though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information