Thread: Silent Fans

TDK
    Thanks

Smile Silent Fans

Hi, im getting a large number of custom built fans to my specs which are silent and will be competively priced against silenx and nexus. I will be getting 80, 92 and 120mm fans. The 80mm fans are very quiet 15db, the 92mm fan will be a bit louder around nexus 92mm noise levels and the 120mm fan is quieter than the silenx and nexus fan. The fans will also come with speed sensing and 3pin to molex adapter. What do you think, any suggestions will be appreciated

Thanks
    • BenW's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock Dual SATA2
      • CPU:
      • AMD64 3500+
      • Memory:
      • 1GB Crucial DDR
      • Storage:
      • 160GB Samsung 8MB Cache
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire Radeon HD 3850
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic S12 600W
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ-04
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 17" Ultrasharp
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 8Mb
    not sure what you want suggestions on!

Just a note that you can get silentX fans quieter than that....look on the KustomPCs website

Homestarr Mod
    Thanks
    are u trying to pimp sales in here or something? what sort of suggestions ?

TDK
    Thanks
    no im not trying to pimp sales since I havent said my brand name, I just thought people might be interested that there is going to be some competition against silenx and nexus. I was just wondering what you thought like whether it was a good idea, what kinda things you would like included. I already found out people were complaining that silenx fans didnt come with speed sensing. I was wondering whether to include case screws with the fan or silicon noise isolators like silenx. btw the silenx fans are not all great, the 14db 80mm fan is 14db but the cfm levels are way off. And the 120mm fan the make is not 14db since its slightly louder than the nexus that makes it louder than 23db. Before you say well I would say that since I will be a competitior against them, I was in talks with the company that produces their fan and the real specs for some of their fans are completely different, especially the cfm. look around on forums and you will see people arent overly impresses with silenx claims of their cfm levels. If they were really true then all the fan companies would have caught it on.

iMc
    Thanks
    The main thing you want from a fan is something that does what it stats. As long as you get that bang on then you should do ok. Always bundle screws, pain in the arse if you havn't got any already because of a 1st build etc.
    HEXUS|iMc

TDK
    Thanks
    Thats one of the problems I have, the fan manufacture doesnt stock the pc fan screws because they say there are too many different types of fan screws so I will have to source them elsewhere if I am to include them. I think im right in saying nexus dont include fan screws. Maybe its because they think that if you buy a silent fan its to replace a noisy fan so you can reuse the screws. Im not to sure about the noise isolators, they obviously are better than fan screws but they are a pain to install and I think they arent reusable. Do you think it would be a good idea to offer the fans with and without noise isolators for a small additional price?

The other thing is Im not to sure how popular 92mm fan will be since they are only used on some heatsinks and psu's, I have to buy a huge quantity.

Homestarr Mod
    Thanks
    i;d stick to 80mm and 120mm if u buying in quantity. i dont even think they do a 80-92mm adapter do they? loads of 80-120mm though for that extra cfm for htsink

Thread Information