Thread: 6800GT's - SLI pair, different PCB colours..

Thanks

6800GT's - SLI pair, different PCB colours..

Okay, so I got my 2 XFX 6800GT PCIe's..

As I was slotting them into the board, I noticed that despite receiving them in the same delivery - one board has a blue PCB, and the other a green PCB.

Looking at the ID stickers on the back, they both have the same part number (they are both def 6800GT's), but one is Rev1 and the other is Rev2 - with a couple of electrical components different.

You rekon this will give me any trouble with SLI - perhaps the two being different BIOS revisions or something stupid? Had they not come from Komplett (read LONG RMA times), I'd send em back cos they don't visually match, which would usally hack me right off..

S.

Thanks
    The difffernt colours alone would really bother me...after spending all that money! suppose it depends on how much different the two revisions are. Have you tryed runnung them yet? I'd say if they work first time then your ok....You will get an instant problem if there is a big difference on the to cards.

I haven't rma'd to komplett in over a year but they weren't too bad back then for rma....

Thanks
    I'd be *really* annoyed if that happened to me... If I were you, I'd return the Rev.1 board, and get a replacement... I'm sure running a single 6800GT for a while won't be too much of a hardship

Thanks
    • Mblaster's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS PK5 Premium
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 2500K
      • Memory:
      • 8gb DDR3
      • Storage:
      • Intel X25 SSD + WD 2TB HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia GeForce GTX 570
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX520
      • Case:
      • Antec P180
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • HP w2207 (22" wide)
      • Internet:
      • Rubbish ADSL
    I'de give it a try, would be interesting to know if this would really give any problems or not.
    I don't mean to sound cold, or cruel, or vicious, but I am so that's the way it comes out.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Akumu
    ...I'm sure running a single 6800GT for a while won't be too much of a hardship...
    Spoke to Komplett support on the phone, and the (mostly very helpful) man said that they would need both cards to be returned so that they could verify that they would 'not work together'.

He seemed to miss the point that, possible technical implications aside, I was actually pretty miffed that I'd received two different looking and revision cards.

I've started a new thread in the Komplett Customer Care section on here, so you can follow it if interested.

It seems the choice I have at the moment, is suck it and see and risk missing something when testing, or send the damn things back and have an incomplete system sitting there for 2 weeks.

Grr..
    S.
    Last edited by BlueMagician; 09-02-2005 at 03:50 PM.

Thanks
    I'm sure the two cards will work in SLI mode but I'd still get them replaced. If they want both cards back then send them back.

Yes he did miss the point. You are the customer and you are buying them for a specific purpose. It is simply none of his business why you want the same revisions. It is his job to supply the customer (you) with what he wants. I'd be pretty if the did that to me.

Thread Information