View Poll Results: Should we go for it? (please read thread first)

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Definetly! I think its gonna help alot of people

19 73.08%
  • No, we cant do this!

4 15.38%
  • dont know, dont care

3 11.54%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lets build a Gamer's PC

Thanks
    All the stuff could be chosen from Scan aswell so saving a bit of money and giving Scan something back for the postage deal.

Registered+
    Thanks
    I love this positive reaction!
    One more parameter: Do you guys think its a good idea to make new threads for each category? for example:
    The Gamer's Rig : CPU, next thread The Gamer's Rig: Video Card etc. and people will get to state their argument in each thread about the item of the category? Or do you think we should keep everything in one thread? Or do you have another idea? lets hear it

Thanks
    I think a seperate thread for each component would be a bit much , partly because I think 1 thread is enough and also there would most likely be a simillar thread anyway. Other than CPU and GFX there isn't going to be a huge discussion regarding anything else.
    I think that 3 threads (1 per price group) should be started every so often, 2 months sound reasonable?

Another possible idea would be to have other stuff as well as gamers rigs, though I'm not sure how much use that would be.

Thanks
    If possible a System guide subsection could be made with guides as stickies at the top of it? That would make things a bit less complicated by keeping the main tech section separate.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Ok here's the list of the categories:

1. CPU
    2. 3d Cards n Sound Cards
    3. Ram, Cooling devices, HD, Processor, PSU, dvd rom etc
    4. Monitors

The only problem that i see is that of keeping the threads active and in the top parts instead of looking for it every time. Any admins think that we could make it a sticky?

Thanks
    I think that we need a sticky which cant be added to apart from a few people. In that there will be a post for a high, medium and low end system. And i already shotguned the high end ladys.

EDIT: The high end price will be unlimited price and the others will have a budget.

(I will have some options on the cooling, vapo chill may be taking it too far, but i would say water cooling is a must )
    Last edited by nvening; 15-08-2005 at 06:18 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Slightly Trigger Happy
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nvening
    (I will have some options on the cooling, vapo chill may be taking it too far, but i would say water cooling is a must )
    i agree with that
    your computer is similar to a fridge in that if it cannot keep a beer cold then it sucks

Thanks
    if we let the thread be open they people would just go arguing amd vs intel and ati vs nvidia, we can just include the option (with a personal thought mabe)
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Registered+
    Thanks
    Ok i think i got an idea of how it will be done.
    I will make a new thread listing the components needed to build a pc and leaving them blank.
    People will start suggesting components for the "Hexus Gamer's Rig" (if i am allowed to use that title, if not i accept it to be edited). Once something is sugested and backed up with argumentation then it will be included in the rig untill a new suggestion with stronger argues is stated.
    If we come across (and we will, thats the beautiful part) debates, then we ll poll in a different thread. (Polls will last 5 days). The components that were poll winners will be sugested as a first option and of course the poll losers (if they get decent votes) will be included as an alternative option.

if we let the thread be open they people would just go arguing amd vs intel and ati vs nvidia, we can just include the option (with a personal thought mabe)
    Good idea!!
    If there is a debate on two amd Vs intel (cpu) for example, we can poll it and write the results down and also let the people know that there is also a different option.
    Nonetheless its a rig build by Gamers. All the technical issues are gonna be included, debates will be shown so that the only thing that the buyer (gamer) will have to research when buying a new rig, is only on the components that gamers didnt agree 100%.

Dark Horse: Could u come up with a percentage of the "suggested budget spending" for each component? eg 35% of the budget should be spent on CPU and 25 on the VGA etc etc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information