• Case:
      • BeQuiet Dark Base Pro rev.2
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus PG35VQ
      • Internet:
      • 910/100mb Fibre
    the PC version has better graphics, higher resolution etc but the game is currently very picky about what it will run well on eg with my pc

2800+barton, 1gig crucial 2700, fx5600ultra 256meg it runs like a dog (ie bad) with about 25fps

but with teh same cpu + ram and my old gcard (GF4ti4200 128) i was getin 50fps

it turns out its to do with the shaders used, halo was using 2.0 shaders with my FX and 1.5 with my GF4, hence the game looks stunning with the FX but suffers a performance hit, and looks good (still better than Xbox by miles) wi the GF4 but aint as good lookingas with the FX

luckly tehre are command line switches for halo (read its readme) that let you choose the sharders, so choose teh 1.7 shader for teh FX and then boy is it sweet

Thanks

Re: Re: Xbox vs PC

Originally posted by Russ
    mate, seriously, this thread is pointless, of course it will be better with faster cpu's, and better gfx hardware, the use of mouse and keyboard, please stop spamming.
    he's asking a honest question for f**ks sake, dont cry abt it

and btw, it runs better on cards with lower (ie 1.1) p and v shaders...like the NV2x series, so it wont really run better with "better gfx hardware"
    Last edited by d_fresh1; 11-10-2003 at 12:19 PM.

Thanks

Re: Re: Re: Xbox vs PC

Originally posted by d_fresh1
    he's asking a honest question for f**ks sake, dont cry abt it

and btw, it runs better on cards with lower (ie 1.1) p and v shaders...like the NV2x series, so it wont really run better with "better gfx hardware"
    Yeh but been posting pointless threads all day, anyway as said some computers may be the best ones out etc but have probs with low fps etc. As said its to do with the shaders and what they are set to, you use the default ones and expect to get low fps with any fx card, you put it down and it will run sweet as.

Thread Information