• See My Sig
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • See My Sig
      • Internet:
      • 60mbit Sky LLU
    Quote Originally Posted by specofdust
    That's why a few dozen years ago the people who were going to make graphics card invented Divorce

EDIT: Dangle man, edit, you're double posting all over the place today. Anyway, I heard rumblings about ATi lowering warrenty times, and if they've done it across the board its frankly disgusting, and something that will move me right over from someone who generally buys ATi, to someone who will always buy Nvidia.
    How am i double posting? All i'm doing is replying in threads that i didn't instigate I'm not just cut n' pasting here m8

EDIT: actually looking around you're just as guilty
    Crosshair VIII Hero (WIFI), 3900x, 32GB DDR4, Many SSDs, EVGA FTW3 3090, Ethoo 719

Thanks
    I know, I don't mean posting the same thing twice, I just mean saying stuff in one post, then posting again before anyone else has replied. AFAIK it's comonly apreciated if you just edit posts instead of having two posts by yourself one after the other.

I do my best not to, and if you point out any examples I'll gladly edit them

Just noticed you did it twice today, so thought I'd say summit, hope you don't mind

Anyway, on with the topic

Thanks
    • dangel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • See My Sig
      • CPU:
      • See My Sig
      • Memory:
      • See My Sig
      • Storage:
      • See My Sig
      • Graphics card(s):
      • See My Sig
      • PSU:
      • See My Sig
      • Case:
      • See My Sig
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • See My Sig
      • Internet:
      • 60mbit Sky LLU
    Quote Originally Posted by specofdust
    I know, I don't mean posting the same thing twice, I just mean saying stuff in one post, then posting again before anyone else has replied. AFAIK it's comonly apreciated if you just edit posts instead of having two posts by yourself one after the other.

I do my best not to, and if you point out any examples I'll gladly edit them

Just noticed you did it twice today, so thought I'd say summit, hope you don't mind

Anyway, on with the topic

Hehehe ok not at all - didn't understand what you mean. I don't like going back and adding things in (where possible) simply because if someone's already replying then you miss the bit added and it gets confusing, as a thread normally displays things chronologically... But i take your point
    Crosshair VIII Hero (WIFI), 3900x, 32GB DDR4, Many SSDs, EVGA FTW3 3090, Ethoo 719

Thanks
    I'll be inclined to get whatever card gives you the performance level you want at the resolution you want and at the lowest/best price.

Graphics card tech is moving at such a frighteningly fast pace that any 'top' of the range card today will become low/mid range in 6months or so. remember that the next gen of cards will feature support for the next directX revision, have unified shaders, sm4.0, etc.
    Do you think you'll upgrade again when they're released (probably around feb/march if nvidia keeps to the usual cycle)? if so get a 7800gt, best price/performance ratio atm imo, and save the rest towards the next card upgrade (thats what i have chosen to do, i'm a serial upgrader.. )

If you think you'll keep the card for a while or need the absloute best performance then get a x1800xt 512mb/7800gtx 512mb (although for the price of the x1800xt 256mb card you can almost get 2x7800gt's £411 vs £230x2)
    * Canon 5D Mark ii * 24-105L * 2 x 580Ex ii * 85mm f1.8 * For sale = Canon EOS 400D * 100mm f2.8 macro * 10-22mm * 17-55mm IS f2.8 * 70-300mm IS * speedlite 420EX *

Thanks
    Atm i have a ATI x800 pro, and i cant live with it any longer i get horendous fps on hl2/ source which is what i play the most, so i was thinking of doing an upgrade anyways but putting on delay due to the graphics cards that were going to come out at the time.

Thread Information