Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lightweight Laptop advice

Thanks
    Ah yes it is very nice. I did previously look at the new SZ1XP but it's far too expensive at £1600 compared to the £900 I paid for my S5M. Horses for courses I guess, I simply couldn't afford it. Besides, for the £700 difference I could upgrade my desktop to a really good spec.

Registered+
    Thanks
    I think you're pretty much sold on the Sony's by the sounds of it. I told you it would come down to looks. The SZ1HP will serve you very well I am sure and will not cost you an arm and a leg. They look good and have the spec's to back themselves up.

GO AND GET ONE AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK. YOUR FEEDBACK ON THE UNIT WOULD BE AN INTERESTING READ I'M SURE.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MPM
    'ello chaps & chapettes

I'm looking around for a laptop to replace my shuttle. The shuttle is being promoted/demoted (however you view it ) to Media centre come fileserver.

I'll have the shuttle for any heavy stuff like video editing and power hungry games.

Can anyone advise me on a light laptop 13 to 15" screen, i'm a tart at heart so good looking would be nice.

I've been eyeing up the Sony S5XP as a preference - does anyone have any info RE:these?

Also, doesn anyone have any pointers for any other vaios or similar. I was also considering the vaio FS-415S as a slightly cheaper option.

I haven't really set a budget yet, but £1500 is my absolute "oh my god that's awesome" ceiling....

Cheers in advance,
    MPM
    The Sony S series has crazy power for its size, absolutely brilliant little machine.

I can play Call of Duty 2 on my mid-range S3 perfect, i imagine the S5 is even more impressive.

Cant comment on sony's customer support though, i've always bought used and luckily havent run into trouble.

But the S series definitely gets a thumbs up from me, have yet to see a laptop anywhere near as powerful at this size.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information