• 3GB MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr
      • PSU:
      • FSP
      • Operating System:
      • Win7 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Deffl TFT thing

Tale of a problem and how it was sorted

Finally sorted a problem I've been having with overnet for the past five days, it all started with a well intentioned software update session.
    Last week I was given a 2Gb jaz scsi drive so plugged it all in and got it running with the iomega backup software. Thought this was a good time to sort out all my updates so did zonealarm, overnet and some other odds and sods (antivirus is automated to didnt have to do that one). Anyway next day turned on pc, the jaz drive did its duty and then started overnet. Bloody thing just sat there no uploads or down, immediately thought the firewall is playing up, had a fiddle, bugger all, then spent the next five days playing with various firewalls, router settings, installing different versions of overnet, edonkey, kazaa, etc. Sat down last night still no connection overnet had all my files as hashing and the entire system seemed a tad slow. Went in to task manager checked CPU load and its 100% continuous, it was the bloody backup software, for some reason it was using 100% cpu all the time, just changed the settings and all's back to normal, nice 50K/sec on overnet and all is peachy.
    So goes to show problems can come from the most unexpected places and have the simplest solutions. Just think what did I change before it went wrong.
    Flibb

Thanks
    Cheers for sharing

Someone might find this useful sooner or later.

Thanks
    had a similar problem with zonealarm quite some time ago where even though it was not in the system tray, the process was running and i couldnt ping a pc i'd added to the lan which caused much frustration lol, and i tried loads of different cables etc. until i found out

m0.

Thread Information