Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is this gaem worth it?

Thanks
    The I16 is not the plane to learn in, Decks right, taking off in one is the hardest part.

Its the torque in the engine thats literally trying to twist the plane in the opposite way to the way its pushing the prop.

Try the LA5 or Lagg3. The IL2 is good, though a little heavy, but very forgiving.

Stay away from the more powerful 109s and 190s. These are a totally different kettle of fish. Very fast, wonderful climb/dive rates, but stall really easily.

Read a few of the FAQ links on aircraft and controls. its all to do with air speed and airflow over control surfaces.

Above all start off gentle, then get more aggressive. Once you start dogfighting, you'll need to be flying right on the limit all the time, in order to out turn/dive/manouvre the enemy. If you're not, guaranteed, he will be.

This is a difficult game, but the rewards are so much more satisfying than playing crimson Skies or something else 'arcadey'.

Get Hyperlobby, and ask any of the MA guys for a quick lesson or two.

Hat
    Thanks
    I learnt in the Lagg 3 1943,, as I found it a good stable all rounder... carries a c9ouple of bombs too so i practiced train busting aswell.

As for the I16... i would say definitely not a learner plane.. it has a few major unusual features about it.

1. Manual Landing Gear
    2. No trim.. so you gotta fight constantly to fly it level.. or really mess around with the throttle /prop pitch etc
    3. Not fuel injected, so soon as you bunt the nose forward, the engine cuts out.. pretty demoralising for a leaner
    4. Only flap position it has is Landing.. so you wont be able to experiment with combat/take off flaps in flight.
    5. Its got some wicked engine torque on it, which means it veers all over the place on take off.

But then again.. if ya can learn in that.. then youll probably get the hang on anything.. which may explaing why da_ging is so good!

S!

Thanks
    • da_ging's system
      • CPU:
      • E5200 @ 3.75Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 4GB kingston HyperX 8500
      • Storage:
      • 2*WD640gb in Raid 0 +500gb 32mb seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • BFG GTX 260 Maxcore OC2
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 650w TX
      • Case:
      • Stacker 831 black
      • Operating System:
      • XP Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • 23" fujitsu 3230t LCD 1920*1080
      • Internet:
      • 8mb
    ok so maybe the i16 aint a learner plane the i53 would be a better option no flaps to worry about easy to fly no manual gears ,although u dont have injection so starving the engine is probable

the lagg's then i suppose are the better learners although id probably so the la5 is a more stable plane to learn with

as for takeoff's and landings i really dont know why some ppl find them hard ,remember as long as u stick to the run way it should be easy peasy vear off and u will bounce all over

Thanks
    if the i53 the one with 2 wings? (forgot what its called...) - that seems to be easy! it can have missiles aswell which is much much much nicer than useless machine guns
    yes i have been playing with unlimited ammo, unlimited fuel, on qucik mission builder using one of them against 4 slow bombers... - easy but fun

btw im still using gamepad - holding it in one position = hard so i seem to be pushing the difection v quicly which makes aming hard, the cross keeps moving around too far like that so i really need a proper joystick. going to get a saitek one as they seem to be what you all recommend, would Cyborg 3D Force Stick be good? can il2fb use the force feedback?
    id prefer to not spend so much tough, is Cyborg 3D USB Stick Gold good or should i spend £10 on one of the others? tbh i dont know the differnce between them...
    whats hat switch do?

also why do some planes only have half the x hair with the aimy thingy to the side.. anyway to fix that?

Hat
    Thanks
    You need to press escape and look at the controls menu m8.

Theres loads of stuff in there..

Shift F1 I think is the default gunsight view.. thatll centre up your cross hair when you need it..

Thanks
    the force stick is good - I fly one, and I find it's brilliant. Others will tell you frce feedback is pap, but it's all down to personal preference. If you do go for the force stick - make sure you get the FULL FORCE version, and NOT the RUMBLE version, as that doesn't have a rudder twist, and hasn't got enough buttons. You can NEVER have enough buttons on your joystick, the more, the merrier

Quote Originally Posted by The Quentos
    "My udder is growing. Quick pass me the parsely sauce." Said Oliver.

adamspestcontrol.co.uk
    Thanks
    I would second Tumble, Ive never had reason to regrete getting mine, only thing I have to look out for is the 1st time I spawn the first time PC is on then my rudder will be full left so need to twist a few times each way as it then auto calibrates it in FB. Im about the leave force feedback land and try the X45 and Im a bit nervious about it to be honest

Thanks
    thanks Hat, Shift F1 makes the view much better and easyer to see

just ordered cyborg evo

any one know how to start the planes with more than one engine? think its just the 3 bombers (tb3, he111) but i cant seem to start them. 'i' works for all the other planes just not these..
    what are the different mixtures settings for, is that part of it?

Thanks
    • da_ging's system
      • CPU:
      • E5200 @ 3.75Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 4GB kingston HyperX 8500
      • Storage:
      • 2*WD640gb in Raid 0 +500gb 32mb seagate
      • Graphics card(s):
      • BFG GTX 260 Maxcore OC2
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 650w TX
      • Case:
      • Stacker 831 black
      • Operating System:
      • XP Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • 23" fujitsu 3230t LCD 1920*1080
      • Internet:
      • 8mb
    for the engines u will need to assign a key for each 1 and a key to select them all then u select an engine press i and fire it up , select another 1 and fire it up when all fired up select them all with ur select all key and away u go (i just use 1234 for the engine selects and 5 for select all as its simplest)

ignore mixture settings for now

OMG!! PWND!!
    Thanks
    THANX ALL!!! I HAVE BEEN AWAY FROM THIS FORUM FOR 3 DAYS THATNX TO U!! lol
    THE GAME IS TOOOOO ADDICTIVE!!!

adamspestcontrol.co.uk
    Thanks
    S! Apple...rather good isnt it Look out for us in Hyperlobby

Thanks
    its very good!!! last night i was playing at about 4am! also i didnt relise my brother was downloading overnight, so i had about 400 ping and i didnt even relise!!! the game is that good and still plays well with lag. still didint manage to shoot anyone down though i did hit a few...

Thanks
    You'll get there SilentDeath. You tried using rockets yet??? You'll have a much better chance of downing some planes if you use rockets ([B]RS-82/132) and it will help you learn more about convergance (Where the rockets cross).

You been on Hyperlobby aswell??? Whats your name-tag so we can look out for ya?

Most of all, you should stick with it. I got to the position similar to where you are now and seemed to be getting nowhere - couldn't kill people online but could kill offline quite easily. It took a lot of patience and it did seem that it would never come good, but the last month or so everything has seemed to 'click' and I've started flying pretty darn well.

Look out for me (luke313 on HL) and the marlins (MA_****) and ask for some help if you feel stuck - We are friendly folk as you might have noticed

Anyways, I hope thats helped dude. Hope I get to see ya online soon

OMG!! PWND!!
    Thanks
    hmmm... What time you guys get on???? add 10 hours..(IM IN AUSTRALIA!!)

Thanks
    hmmmm..........yeah. Most of us are in the UK

You should find plenty of other AU based players in the hyperlobby though, and there are a few AU based squads about.

And sometimes you'll catch some of us loitering in the hyperlobby during the GMT morning and afternoon, which I guess would equate to your evening.

'Make mine a Spitfire, Landlord!'

Thanks
    It depends. Most of us get on around 6ish GMT (4 in the morning there ) but as its the holidays I'm on and off throughout the day and a few others are aswell. Look out for us, I'm online right now

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information