Thread: Hosted a mission last night!

Thanks

Hosted a mission last night!

And it was FUN!!

Stoo talked me through it last night and I can host again... after having done it a couple of times ages ago and forgotten how...

Tried a 4v4 last night, but somehow ballsed it up and ended up with 8 VVS versus 4 OKL.

The OKL guys were very patient and wanted to play anyway, so we let AI take the Yak 1s and we took the I-16s...

When the mission started the OKL had problems with a disco right before take off, so we re-started and all was well. Apart from the fact we were in the middle of an air-raid!

So we all get off the ground without a hitch, then Stoo suggests that rather than go for the target, lets take on the bomber first.

I swing around to see Stoo giving a Stuka the good news, then ulp! He gets snipered by the AI rear gunner and careens in, guns blazing.

The stuka carries on diving, so I open the throttle up, wait until he’s passed under my nose then wing over into a dive, coming in from his 8 o’clock and stitch all down his side. I then pull up and wing over to port to do the same again, but I’m a bit slower than first time and misjudge my speed. I overshoot behind him, having only managed a couple of hits on his tail.

I circle around behind him again, then dive down, deciding to get nice and close behind and underneath him then blow his engine out from there.

I zoom in on my sights, take careful aim at his cowling and very nearly fill Knoxeh’s arse with lead as he zooms in, guns glowing and makes the Stuka considerably heavier with all the extra metal he’s pouring into it.

I climb away to the left, look over my right shoulder just in time to see an accurate burst from Knox take the Stukas wing off.

We now set course for the target, just as Stoo announces that 109’s are coming in from behind us… Once again we turn around and head back to the airfield, this time to take on 109s.

I get one trying to B+Z me, so I turn hard at the right moment, to be greeted with my sights full of a fleeing tail and let fly. I score hits but no other effects.

Ramses, the other guy in our troop of 4 I-16s, is getting chewed through by a 109 on his six, directly below me. Just as I’m about to wing over down onto the 109 on his tail, the AI Yaks get one of the higher 109s… it explodes right above me… fantastic!

I turn over hard left and drop right into the slipstream of the bogey on Ramses bum, and, being very careful to not miss him and hit Ramses, I manage to get in a good 2 second burst, disabling one of his controls… he immediately bugs out.

I turn away from Ramses into another 109 about to make an attack on me. He fires off a few half-hearted shots, but he’s pulled up too soon. I have enough energy from my dive to pull right through the vertical and Immelman onto him. He’s too far away, so I tail him… then he rudder kicks it around and starts heading straight for me.

I open up on him early, hoping that my fire would put him off… his cannon could make a real mess of me… It works and I see hits along his underside as he swoops over the top, having not fired on me at all.

I carry on in a spiral climb, keeping a close eye on the 109 and he’s clawing for height. Again, he pulls a stalled rudder turn and comes screaming back.

Now, I’m supposed to be on a ground attack mission, so I’m carrying a droptank and 6 rockets. I remember about the tank at this point and let it go… then decide to see what this guy reckons to my rockets.

What the 109 doesn’t seem to know is that I’ve got a bloody great engine between me and him, so unless he gets lucky, or gets an angle down into the cockpit, a PK is unlikely.

I don’t want to let him get too far above me, and I reckon I could be lucky, so I loose off a couple of rockets… he dips his nose, pointing straight at me. Again I open up early, but almost straight away my two outboard guns fall silent. I keep hauling back on the stick, determined not to let him get his sights over the top half of my plane.

He leaves it too late and realises he can’t get over me, so he tries to nose over… my last two guns rake all along his fuselage before there’s a mighty crash.

My engine is inoperable, my prop bent out of shape… the 109 carries on down, the pilot dead.

My plane starts to smoke badly, I can glide ok, but it’s not looking good, the smoke gets thicker so I bail. I land very neatly halfway between the smoking wrecks of the 109 and my own I-16…

Knox, the only human VVS pilot still in the air now, then trundles off and takes out a load of ground targets, before returning to base.

All in all a damn fine mission… and a bloody good laugh too!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dareos View Post
    "OH OOOOHH oOOHHHHHHHOOHHHHHHH FILL ME WITH YOUR.... eeww not the stuff from the lab"

Thanks
    • Zak33's system
      • Storage:
      • Kingston HyperX SSD, Hitachi 1Tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 1050
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 800w
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT01
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • Zen FTC uber speedy
    the bug is back innit? After a brief respite....MArlins are back!

Just need Hat back and we'll be sorted!

Knoxx is frikkin deadly if you can keep the sod alive

Quote Originally Posted by Advice Trinity by Knoxville
    "The second you aren't paying attention to the tool you're using, it will take your fingers from you. It does not know sympathy." |
    "If you don't gaffer it, it will gaffer you" | "Belt and braces"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zak33
    the bug is back innit? After a brief respite....MArlins are back!

Just need Hat back and we'll be sorted!

Knoxx is frikkin deadly if you can keep the sod alive

Hats back.
    And Marlins are getting all sorts of praise and recognition as top chaps all over VEF...

Absolutely Top notch.
    Proud to fly with you lot.

Thanks
    • Knoxville's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel X58
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 920
      • Memory:
      • 2GB DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATi HD3450
      • PSU:
      • Generic
      • Case:
      • Cheap and nasty
      • Operating System:
      • Vista 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" LG LCD
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 20mb
    lol, if i'm in an il-2 there's no problem staying alive

Thanks
    • Zak33's system
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 1050
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 800w
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • Zen FTC uber speedy
    Knox and his tank

Hanks Tank the IL-2

"The second you aren't paying attention to the tool you're using, it will take your fingers from you. It does not know sympathy." |

Thanks
    • Knoxville's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel X58
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 920
      • Memory:
      • 2GB DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATi HD3450
      • PSU:
      • Generic
      • Case:
      • Cheap and nasty
      • Operating System:
      • Vista 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" LG LCD
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 20mb
    Yup, awesome plane, capable of taking down pretty much anything its the best plane to be in against a 110 and its 109 slaying capabilities can be seen in my stats i had 2 109's this weekend in il2's

Thanks
    • Zak33's system
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 1050
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 800w
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • Zen FTC uber speedy
    can feel Knox getting all Russian on us

Seriously tho.....while heavy and quite clumsy.....once it gets turning....it transforms AND you can go nose to nose with most stuff....once again tho...wish my gunnery was better....I can hold people in my aim for long enough to really hose them with those big canons

Thanks
    • Knoxville's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel X58
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 920
      • Memory:
      • 2GB DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATi HD3450
      • PSU:
      • Generic
      • Case:
      • Cheap and nasty
      • Operating System:
      • Vista 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" LG LCD
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 20mb
    Yup at low level it'll turn with a 109 easily plus i've found if one does get on your 6 the best thing to do is climb damn near vertical because the 109 will follow you up and get stupidly close waiting for a perfect shot while in the meantime you've taken control of the rear gunner and blown him into the next world

Its so easy and it annoys the pilots no end

Words can't say how much i love jumping into one of them for a run on a convoy or airbase because i know that unless i make a stupid mistake and end up outnumbered its reasonably certain im gonna get home because they'll stay in the air with stupid amounts of damage.

Thanks
    • Zak33's system
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 1050
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 800w
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • Zen FTC uber speedy
    that climb idea is GOOD....cos the IL-2 will fal back and catch itself mid air easily....its like a large stunt plane....so I might use that trick....

nice one Knox....I always feel like I dont hit ANYTHING with that rear gun tho....is the convergance set SAME as the fronts or what?

Thanks
    • Knoxville's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Intel X58
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 920
      • Memory:
      • 2GB DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATi HD3450
      • PSU:
      • Generic
      • Case:
      • Cheap and nasty
      • Operating System:
      • Vista 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" LG LCD
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 20mb
    No such thing as convergence on the rear gun i don't think, its small calibre though, will do next to no damage unless you hit something important which is difficult to do when the planes bobbing and weaving 400m behind you.......but when they're 100m behind you and flying level if you were lucky you'd prolly get a pk on them and if not that you can do serious damage to the engine

Thread Information