• Seasonic Focus Gold 750W
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-V359
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity 80/20

Re: Battlefield 1

Ive been really trying to get into the game, but It's so damn hard not to just throw toys out the pram and quit.

No auto-balance on servers as apparently ranked servers can no longer run any server side script. This results in joining a server with 5-10 slots free, only to find it has slots free because the game is hugely one sided with one team full of ranked up players and the other a bunch of noobs joining and then immediately quitting. As far as I can tell, every single server is just full of teams/clans pubstomping.

Spotting is almost pointless now. In the olden days you would just have to roughly be on target to spot, now your crosshairs have to be dead on them... even then sometimes it doesn't work if you've tried once or twice before you're actually dead on. I get that they had to make spotting more difficult to abuse, but they took it WAYYYYYY too far.
    Now that spotting is near impossible to do, the resulting shift of experience only discourages people to actually bother trying it, therefore removing from the team play experience.

I tried getting the hang of the overall game mechanics using TDM, thinking it would be a good opportunity to learn the weapons and accessories, but that mode leads you to believe the only useful weapon is a shotgun. A weapon which you have to play for a pretty long time to unlock, might I add.

The medal system, whilst it seems sensible, is actually a massive pain in the arse. Some of the awards seem obvious, but they are actually REALLY unclear as to how you achieve them. Even after googling the "Spot Assist" one, I'm still stumped. You're probably reading that thinking... "you just spot and then someone gets the kill"... nope...
    I don't understand why they would only want to have one medal tracked at any time. It feels like a really frustrating FTP-like mechanic that should stay with FTP games, not a AAA blockbuster release that we pay £30+ upfront for.

Why on earth did they include the damn Mortar? Like... seriously? It adds NOTHING to the experience of the game at all. Its just skill-less and annoying, really really annoying.

You can feel the potential in the game, you really can, but it just makes the whole thing even more frustrating than it needs to be. Im thinking that might be the last EA straw for me. I'm certainly done with Ubisoft, have been for a while, but now... yeah... think that might be it for EA too.
    Last edited by Biscuit; 17-12-2016 at 03:11 AM.

Registered+
    Thanks

Is it just me or is it incredibly easy to die in this game? Honestly sometimes I run out and just get slaughtered in seconds

Thanks
    • Spud1's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Aorus Master
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 16GB GSkill Trident Z
      • Storage:
      • Lots.
      • Graphics card(s):
      • RTX3090
      • PSU:
      • 750w
      • Case:
      • BeQuiet Dark Base Pro rev.2
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus PG35VQ
      • Internet:
      • 910/100mb Fibre

Quote Originally Posted by ToastQ View Post
    Is it just me or is it incredibly easy to die in this game? Honestly sometimes I run out and just get slaughtered in seconds
    It is, but only until you adjust to it BF1 is one of the best Battlefield games of recent years imo, taking a step back from much of the "easy mode" bad company inspired recent games (BF4/Hardline). Spotting is back where it should be (Sorry Biscuit but it should be hard - it was a joke in previous games), the weapons are no longer cod style insta-kill, the maps are finally big enough again and kills are genuinely satisfying. Like every other BF game sniping and vehicles are prevalent, but once you work out how to handle them they don't overpower the game. It just takes some re-adjustment; this is much more like the BF2 experience many of us craved than the past few games have been.

The servers can be a bit of a pain, but this is the first BF game where i've found the auto-join system genuinely useful. I don't bother manually selecting a server anymore I just use the quick match or operations mode, and the vast majority of games I play are pretty well balanced and a lot of fun. The only real annoyances I have is that the unlock system is rubbish, there are not enough weapons per class (feels like 50% of previous games) and the medal system is absolutely awful. Progression doesn't really exist in BF1 and thats a massive shame, as that was the big incentive to keep on playing with the previous games. I get the feeling they are holding a fair bit back for the DLC, which is kind of OK as I know i'll get them - but also frustrating that they didn't release a "full" game at the start.

Still it's a lot of fun, think i'll jump back on again now...

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spud1 View Post
    It is, but only until you adjust to it BF1 is one of the best Battlefield games of recent years imo, taking a step back from much of the "easy mode" bad company inspired recent games (BF4/Hardline). Spotting is back where it should be (Sorry Biscuit but it should be hard - it was a joke in previous games), the weapons are no longer cod style insta-kill, the maps are finally big enough again and kills are genuinely satisfying. Like every other BF game sniping and vehicles are prevalent, but once you work out how to handle them they don't overpower the game. It just takes some re-adjustment; this is much more like the BF2 experience many of us craved than the past few games have been.

The servers can be a bit of a pain, but this is the first BF game where i've found the auto-join system genuinely useful. I don't bother manually selecting a server anymore I just use the quick match or operations mode, and the vast majority of games I play are pretty well balanced and a lot of fun. The only real annoyances I have is that the unlock system is rubbish, there are not enough weapons per class (feels like 50% of previous games) and the medal system is absolutely awful. Progression doesn't really exist in BF1 and thats a massive shame, as that was the big incentive to keep on playing with the previous games. I get the feeling they are holding a fair bit back for the DLC, which is kind of OK as I know i'll get them - but also frustrating that they didn't release a "full" game at the start.

Still it's a lot of fun, think i'll jump back on again now...
    Haha yeah I get you, honestly I love the game but it's just difficult to get into the flow of combat. My first, and to date favourite, BF game is Bad Company 2, so I'm used to the easier and faster gameplay. I love the change of pace though, it's very refreshing for the series. I agree about the progression though, in previous BF games it always felt you were being rewarded for being good, in this I don't really feel like many of the weapons are 'upgrades' as such; it's much more down to personal preference.

Thanks

After 10ish hours in 2 days these are my first impressions;
    Multiplayer is seemingly faster paced on most maps
    All the weapons except the knives have had a damage buff
    Tanks hurt
    Shotguns are incredibly fun
    The bunny recon is rare
    I think i'm gonna like this game, i've been a long time player of battlefield and i'm excited to see what DLC brings for once.

Thanks
    • The Hand's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte AB350 Gaming-3
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5 2400G
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Patriot Viper DDR4 3200mhz (8GBx2)
      • Storage:
      • 2TB Kingston SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus Geforce RTX 2060 Super 8GB Dual Series
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX 520 Modular
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Praetorian
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Sony 32 inch HD TV
      • Internet:
      • 20Mbps Fibre

I would say the map design is certainly better than the BF4 vanilla maps. The sense of time and place is great also.

Thanks
    • The Hand's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte AB350 Gaming-3
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5 2400G
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Patriot Viper DDR4 3200mhz (8GBx2)
      • Storage:
      • 2TB Kingston SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus Geforce RTX 2060 Super 8GB Dual Series
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX 520 Modular
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Praetorian
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Sony 32 inch HD TV
      • Internet:
      • 20Mbps Fibre

The BF1 Winter update is here:

https://www.battlefield.com/news/update-notes

..and ribbons are back! Max class ranks also giving a special icon/logo for when a maximum class rank is achieved.

Thanks

Good news some welcome updates.
    Jon

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread Information