• DOS 6.22
      • Monitor(s):
      • NOT USUALLY ON....WHEN I POST
      • Internet:
      • FUNCTIONAL

Re: Destiny 2 - PC

Quote Originally Posted by Ttaskmaster View Post
    Izzit Wurthabuyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?
    Let's read the words, the words, the words......... of tha devellappah!!

In short - No.
    To quote: "About as challenging as takin' a piddle".
    Yeah,I watched his review too,and whereas I don't always agree with his assessment of games,he tends to be quite spot on regarding combat,etc and I think is infamous W3 review was probably the closest to why me and a mate couldn't get into it.

Thanks
    • Ttaskmaster's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Aorus Master X670E
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 7800X3D
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Corsair Dominator DDR5 6000MHz
      • Storage:
      • Samsung Evo 120GB and Seagate Baracuda 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Aorus Master 4090
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova G2 1000W
      • Case:
      • Lian Li V3000 Plus
      • Operating System:
      • Win11
      • Monitor(s):
      • Gigabyte M32U
      • Internet:
      • 900Mbps Gigaclear WHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CAT-THE-FIFTH View Post
    Yeah,I watched his review too,and whereas I don't always agree with his assessment of games,he tends to be quite spot on regarding combat,etc and I think is infamous W3 review was probably the closest to why me and a mate couldn't get into it.
    He looks at things from many of the same perspectives as I tend to and, while I also may not agree, he is funny enough that I enjoy videos of even the games I have absolutely no intention of playing.
    Plus he's actually played them and it saves me wasting fifty quid every time!!

It's a good starting point, as I consider what to get.
    Stack this with two friends desperately pleading with me to get this game.... which I now know is because it's quite naff and they need me to bulk up their numbers... and you have a definite No Thanks from me, unless it costs fewer quid than I have fingers.

Thanks
    • CAT-THE-FIFTH's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Less E-PEEN
      • CPU:
      • Massive E-PEEN
      • Memory:
      • RGB E-PEEN
      • Storage:
      • Not in any order
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVEN BIGGER E-PEEN
      • PSU:
      • OVERSIZED
      • Case:
      • UNDERSIZED
      • Operating System:
      • DOS 6.22
      • Monitor(s):
      • NOT USUALLY ON....WHEN I POST
      • Internet:
      • FUNCTIONAL

Quote Originally Posted by Ttaskmaster View Post
    He looks at things from many of the same perspectives as I tend to and, while I also may not agree, he is funny enough that I enjoy videos of even the games I have absolutely no intention of playing.
    Plus he's actually played them and it saves me wasting fifty quid every time!!

It's a good starting point, as I consider what to get.
    Stack this with two friends desperately pleading with me to get this game.... which I now know is because it's quite naff and they need me to bulk up their numbers... and you have a definite No Thanks from me, unless it costs fewer quid than I have fingers.
    The bell is hilarious!!

Thanks
    • Spud1's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Aorus Master
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 16GB GSkill Trident Z
      • Storage:
      • Lots.
      • Graphics card(s):
      • RTX3090
      • PSU:
      • 750w
      • Case:
      • BeQuiet Dark Base Pro rev.2
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus PG35VQ
      • Internet:
      • 910/100mb Fibre

I do love Macks reviews - he is hilarious to watch when he gets angry I generally agree with him too on the major points he makes and he's spot on with a lot of games.

You do have to take the "review" side with a pinch of salt though as he does just say what he thinks - he's mostly right about Destiny 2 for example but I still enjoy the game Enjoyed his Assassin's Creed review too as we all knew that game would be as awful as the last 5 or so (i.e. exact the same button mashing rubbish in a different environment) and he confirmed that from the "unbiased" start of his review, before the ranting started

Definitely the most entertaining reviewer on youtube, whether i'm interested in buying the game he reviews or not.

Thanks
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4-3000
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 (OS) + 2 x 512GB Samsung 960 EVO in RAID 0 (Games)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC
      • PSU:
      • XFX P1-650X-NLG9 XXX 650W Modular
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Node 804
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" BenQ XL2730Z + 23" Dell U2311H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps

Are you talking about this guy?

If so, it's his opinion and he is welcome to it, but I picked up so many points he was either wrong or, I dunno, hating/biased/"ranting for more YT views"... not sure which.

Yes, it's repetitive, but how many games out there are repetitive and are considered to be some of the best games made? Lots. I like shooters, so repeating content in shooters is enjoyable, so being repetitive isn't an issue for me. But for some "popular" YouTube nobody to tell others NOT to buy it because THEY don't enjoy it... terrible "reviewing".

Yes PvE content isn't generally difficult, but as he said, he hasn't done any raids, and hasn't done any content beyond completing the main story. So in my opinion, he absolutely cannot comment on this until he's tried it. I haven't done any raids yet, but some of the content I have done has been pretty challenging. Maybe it's different for consoles, perhaps the AI is dumbed down, but on the PC I get flanked, I can't hide behind a rock all the time, I get my backside handed to me by dozens of difficult opponents... if what you're doing is too easy, do something harder. The power level in game allows that.

Yes you have to grind for better gear, but as he said (again) he's happy to grind for a year in WoT to get a better tank, so why is grinding for better gear any different? It's better, it's a reward... I don't get it.

And lastly, why is PvP bad because it's 4v4? I find it much more enthralling than 30 nobodies vs 30 nobodies. In 4v4 I am way more part of the match and my efforts (or lack of) affect the result more. Plus, it sounds like he only played casual PvP, competitive PvP is another kettle of fish and much, much harder.

There's a few other points I picked up on, but it probably seems like I'm ranting now, or a fanboy defending the game. I'm doing neither, just challenging his views as he seems to have persuaded a few of you to not even look at the game, which I think is a shame.

Thanks
    • Ttaskmaster's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Aorus Master X670E
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 7800X3D
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Corsair Dominator DDR5 6000MHz
      • Storage:
      • Samsung Evo 120GB and Seagate Baracuda 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Aorus Master 4090
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova G2 1000W
      • Case:
      • Lian Li V3000 Plus
      • Operating System:
      • Win11
      • Monitor(s):
      • Gigabyte M32U
      • Internet:
      • 900Mbps Gigaclear WHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Are you talking about this guy?
    Yup.

If so, it's his opinion and he is welcome to it, but I picked up so many points he was either wrong or, I dunno, hating/biased/"ranting for more YT views"... not sure which.
    Neither - It is, as both he and you state, just his opinion.
    And of course he's biassed. We all are.

Yes, it's repetitive, but how many games out there are repetitive and are considered to be some of the best games made? Lots. I like shooters, so repeating content in shooters is enjoyable, so being repetitive isn't an issue for me.
    But there's a difference between boring and engaging - Go watch his review of the new Wolfenstein. That's another repetitive FPS, but that one gets his 'thumbs up'.
    Mack has been playing games for decades and values gameplay over glitz. He's not a fan of built-in DLC and don't even mention Loot Crates, microtransactions or any game that requires you pay more real-world money for game content, having already spent a stack of cash to buy the thing in the first place...!!

But for some "popular" YouTube nobody to tell others NOT to buy it because THEY don't enjoy it... terrible "reviewing".
    That's arguably what most reviews are about - Even Hexux here does it with their 'Hexus Approved' award.
    "Oh, Hexus approves my purchase of this case. Must be good, then!"...
    But he's not telling other people they can't buy it... just that, in his opinion, it's not worth it.

Yes PvE content isn't generally difficult, but as he said, he hasn't done any raids, and hasn't done any content beyond completing the main story. So in my opinion, he absolutely cannot comment on this until he's tried it.
    But for FIFTY [dingdingding] QUID, would you not expect everything to be decent, though?
    Are you happy paying that kind of money for half a game?
    Should that FIFTY QUID not buy you an awesome main story as well? If not, why the hell do they bother even putting one in?

Yes you have to grind for better gear, but as he said (again) he's happy to grind for a year in WoT to get a better tank, so why is grinding for better gear any different? It's better, it's a reward... I don't get it.
    I think it's more the value of the reward. 20 hours solid grind for something only marginally better? It has to feel worth the grind.

Plus, it sounds like he only played casual PvP, competitive PvP is another kettle of fish and much, much harder.
    Again, his argument seems to be that, for the insane price, everything should be up there. Every aspect of the game should be top quality AAA content.
    If you have to pick and choose one or two small aspects of the game and can only cite those as any evidence that the game is any good, while remembering that you have to go through all the other guff and grind away to get to those small aspects... then at that price it's really not, as per the channel title, Worth A Buy.

I'm doing neither, just challenging his views as he seems to have persuaded a few of you to not even look at the game, which I think is a shame.
    I already played the game before I even saw his review. Wasn't impressed.
    Might be worth noting that he was really hopeful and positive about Destiny 2 when he reviewed the preview a couple of months ago...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information