Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can we relax the recruitment requirements?

Thanks

Can we relax the recruitment requirements?

As it stands, only members of Hexus forums are allowed into the guild, but can we drop this? There are a few issues I'd like to address:

Currently we have 58 members, of which some are alternative characters, and it is rare to see 20+ members online at any one time. Because of this lack of numbers, some members at certain levels find it hard to find other members of around about the same level to quest with. OK, you can get a lvl45 to help out a lvl30, but then the lvl30 loses some of the enjoyment of the game. New characters have even less help, as everyone else is like 10+ lvls above them

ERU
    Thanks
    My take on this would be you can't let a complete stranger into the guild. We have to get to know them first see if we get on, etc. I knew most people well, others only a bit and it has managed to keep me hanging in there todate.

Thanks
    I don't like the idea of dropping the requirement. All members showing Hexus.Horde over the heads should be a part of the Hexus community. No ifs or buts.

It doesn't take long to register, then they can start posting on the forum so we can get to know them before they get a Guild invite.

Thanks
    ...and thats why we don't have that many members. How many people we know and of this forum play WoW?

By all means invite new recruits to sign up with Hexus forums and use this section as a guild forum, but that should be their own decision. At the end of the day, its a game, one which sometimes requires others to help you along with. I understand about being friendly and pally, but the gaming comes first.

I remember an issue before where someone complained that higher lvl players didn't help him/her enough. I see this because of lack of numbers, there just isn't enough members of around the same lvl around. Take my char for example, I'm at lvl28 now, and have levelled up seriously in the past week or so. Before, when I was around lvl20, there was no-one around my level to quest with (and even if they were, they weren't online at the same time as me). Its only now that I'm remotely close to Lugash, Keri(??) and one or two more.

I personally never see any player of a lower lvl than me ever online, apart from Livadrell (lvl13) who I think joined today, and I can't see anyone of around the same lvl as him going to help him through RFC.

Another issue this address is the number of people at certain levels of a certain class. From the list, the highest healer is around lvl47, so I'm sure players of lvl55+ would prefer some healers (or more) to help them out. And for the lower lvls, we can do with more tanks for our quests.

Thanks
    I agree to an extent that the "Hexus forums members only" policy can be restrictive for guild recruitment. But it isn't hard for someone to actually sign up and make 1 or 2 posts introducing themselves and you could petition for that person to join if you think they're trustworthy and will make a worthwhile contribution to the guild. Maybe this way you could get more people into the guild faster rather than later. This was the case for me when Bertie joined Hexus Horde, he asked Thor to invite me in even though I only just joined the forums and had only made 1 or 2 posts.

Thanks
    I think a recomendation could be in order - play with someone you get on with or generally know someone looking for a guild and recomend.

Then all they have to do is sign up to the forums - which as pug said, aint rocket science

Thanks
    • Mblaster's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS PK5 Premium
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 2500K
      • Memory:
      • 8gb DDR3
      • Storage:
      • Intel X25 SSD + WD 2TB HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia GeForce GTX 570
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX520
      • Case:
      • Antec P180
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • HP w2207 (22" wide)
      • Internet:
      • Rubbish ADSL
    Being in a completly different setup of a giuld on the PvP server I had also thought about this. The giuld I am in there is a lot less invloved, and I spend most of my time soloing. But when I need help I put a message in giuld chat and if there's someone on the same quest I get help. In that giuld there are 120 members (no alts) ranging from around level 12 to level 60! (yes some insane guy is lvl 60 on the new server already), with me at lvl 22.

I have not experienced the problems of some having few people to quest with around my level, but one of the problems we will have will be for places like Molten Core and Onyxia (needs 40 people), our giuld simply will not be able to do this alone, and we'll have quite a wait before we are able to do Upper Blackrock Spire as well (needs 15 people).
    I don't mean to sound cold, or cruel, or vicious, but I am so that's the way it comes out.

Registered+
    Thanks
    I agree with prop, I play Livadrell and am lvl 18 now but have had little to no help because everyone is a lot higher than me and has either done the quest and tells me how to do it without any physical help or is busy and when I do get help I get next to no XP from it which ruins my levelling completely (I’m not moaning here just stating some little facts). Letting some people that are not in the Hexus community would be good, especially if they are lower level as we can help each other and let the higher levels help each other instead of doing quests that are too low for them and then when they have took the time to help does it within 2 minutes but then Its called Hexus Horde for a reason so I’m stuck in 2 minds about it.

Benji Boy
    (Livadrell lvl18, Acerian lvl5 I think.)

Sublime HEXUS.net
    Thanks
    • Stoo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Mac Pro
      • CPU:
      • 2*Xeon 5450 @ 2.8GHz, 12MB Cache
      • Memory:
      • 32GB 1600MHz FBDIMM
      • Storage:
      • ~ 2.5TB + 4TB external array
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI Radeon HD 4870
      • Case:
      • Mac Pro
      • Operating System:
      • OS X 10.7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" Samsung 244T Black
      • Internet:
      • Zen Max Pro
    Nope, we're not going to be dropping the forum membership requirement, it's not too hard for people to sign up if they're interested in helping the guild..

If they didn't have to join HEXUS, we wouldn't be the HEXUS Horde..
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

TiG
    Walk a mile in other peoples shoes...
    Thanks
    Two things guys, First we haven't stopped recruitment, if you find people that you think are worthy and want to join the guild let us know, get them on the forums and get them in the guild.

BUT we are not going to spam Anyone want to join Hexus.Horde guild in Orgrimmar.

If you want more people in the guild at your level you are going to NEED to do the work to quest with people and if they have no guild and you think they are worthwhile joining, speak to them and invite them.

Clear enough?, you want people to quest with do things like refresh the "WHO" command in your area (under the friends/guild social menu)

It should come up with a list of ppl in your area and speak to them or speak in the general channel of the area you are questing in and ask for some help...

You don't need to exclusively quest with people from Hexus.Horde and certainly thats the only way i see the guild recruiting more members, is BY our members recommending people...

Down to you guys
    TiG
    -- Hexus Meets Rock! --

Thanks
    I have a l21 alt that is gonna get some airing in May, so will be about to play with new folks and old folks with alts alike...

As to 47 being the highest healer, AHEM!! My main char is a druid! And a druid is a primary healer!

In my own personal opinion, I like being part of a smaller guild where everyone knows everyone, and am really missing the sense of community we have. And looking forward to playing with ALL you guys, either when you reach level 55+ in the "high end" places, or at lower levels with alts...

Not having enough people for an instance is cack I admit, and its been a bit of a pain when there aren't QUITE enough people of QUITE high enough level to do BRD...but then, the game is still relatively new considering how huge it is, how much time you have to invest to "get anywhere", and so on...

Oh well, not sure if I'm helping or not, but those are my thoughts!
    Well Hello!

Thanks
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4-3000
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 (OS) + 2 x 512GB Samsung 960 EVO in RAID 0 (Games)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC
      • PSU:
      • XFX P1-650X-NLG9 XXX 650W Modular
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Node 804
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" BenQ XL2730Z + 23" Dell U2311H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps
    Quote Originally Posted by daverobev
    In my own personal opinion, I like being part of a smaller guild where everyone knows everyone, and am really missing the sense of community we have.
    If everyone was able to level as fast and play as much then I would also love being part of a smaller guild, but I think we can safely say now that we don't have that type of guild anymore. It was great to start off with, most people were able to group with everyone else, but now the lower level guys are finding it difficult to group up.

There's still lots of us struggling to reach level 40 even, which is still nowhere near high enough for your "high level" instances that you want to do. I myself am finding it very difficult to solo at lvl 33 and there's only one or two around my level who can help. I grouped with Stoo last night, but he's lvl 37 and I hardly got any exp compared to him. It was still fun though!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TiG
    If you want more people in the guild at your level you are going to NEED to do the work to quest with people and if they have no guild and you think they are worthwhile joining, speak to them and invite them.

Clear enough?, you want people to quest with do things like refresh the "WHO" command in your area (under the friends/guild social menu)

It should come up with a list of ppl in your area and speak to them or speak in the general channel of the area you are questing in and ask for some help...

You don't need to exclusively quest with people from Hexus.Horde and certainly thats the only way i see the guild recruiting more members, is BY our members recommending people...

Down to you guys
    TiG

I'm lvl32 now, and for the life of me I have NEVER seen ANYONE of a decent lvl (say lvl20 or above) that is not in a guild in the game. That would mean that we'd have to convince people in other guilds to convert to us, and TBH the chances of that happening are minute. Recruitment starts at the lower lvls (say lvl10 or below).

TiG
    Walk a mile in other peoples shoes...
    Thanks
    But then thats not going to help you in the slightest, recruiting people at lvl 10 is not going to help you in the mid 30's.....

Which seems to be peoples complaint with the spread of levels. And to be honest i looked last night at the mid 30's and found a fair amount of people in that lvl. Certainly enough to team up with, Maybe you and Allen should work together Proplus.

Cheers
    TiG
    -- Hexus Meets Rock! --

Thanks
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4-3000
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 (OS) + 2 x 512GB Samsung 960 EVO in RAID 0 (Games)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC
      • PSU:
      • XFX P1-650X-NLG9 XXX 650W Modular
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Node 804
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" BenQ XL2730Z + 23" Dell U2311H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps
    We have been, and I commented to Stoo at how surprised I was last night that there was more than 2 people on in the 30's. I believe there was about 5-6!

I was gonna ask if anyone wanted to do SM last night, but I had to go for dinner and when I came back, most had gone. Though me, Ellia and Stoo did group up for some Elite quests which was pretty enjoyable!

Thanks
    HELLO!!! We do have other members that are of low lvls! I am not referring only for myself, and I never intended to discuss this about my wants, but for other members as well. If you had looked closely last night, you would have also noticed that Livadrell was on his own around lvl17, with the nearest member a good 10 lvls above him online. Towards the end, another low lvl player joined the guild (Talisman), but either player shouldn't expect to see each other online when required.

I'm sorry if I'm treading on toes, but I consider this a case of 'its not affecting me, so we'll keep things as they are'. The higher lvl players don't have a problem with having ample guild members around their lvl, there's a fair few lvl50+. But go under lvl 30, and the numbers rapidly decline.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information