Thread: From Star Wars Galaxies to WoW

ERU
    Thanks

From Star Wars Galaxies to WoW

Loads of people (Hexus Jedis even!) have been pm'ing me ingame to find out what i was on about with this SWG lark. So here's a thread to explain it all

Basically Sony have forced a patch that no-one wants to keep their game interesting against newer ones. This is in the face of promises that Sony will patch serious problems in the game months ago. This has upset alot of people to the extent that they are leaving SWG in droves and coming to play WoW instead \o/

Dear players of Star Wars Galaxies,

Currently a new expansion and modification is in progress that, when it goes live, will alter the game we all love. Many players have come forward about the problems in the current game and Sony said they'd fix all these ages ago. However, instead of listening to the players what we want, they have gone overboard with their Combat Upgrade.

As it is now, the game has some shortcomings:

- Professions are unbalanced in comparison
    - Most armor types is useless due to Composite being too overpowered
    - The game suffers from technical difficulties, which Sony has ignored for far too long. Heavy lag, client crashes, lock-ups and lack of support for GeForce cards.

Instead of fixing these issues, their priority has slipped towards upgrading the combat system. Unlike the name suggests, the changes they are making aren't to the combat system alone. Basically the whole game is getting a complete overhaul. Combat will be generic, non-dynamic and very poorly designed. The HAM system, which was very unique to Star Wars Galaxies will be simplified. Apart from those changes, Sony will also change the graphics, sounds, interface, hotkeys, chef, doctor and entertainer buffs, which will make their role in the game less fun. This will have an effect on everyone in the game. Many people tried the CU (Combat Upgrade) on the test servers and decided to leave the game and many more will follow when it goes live.

How Sony can ignore this is beyond the players and thus we would like to appeal to both Sony Online Entertainment and Lucasarts Entertainment Company, to cancel the CU and fix the game in it's current form, instead of turning it into a generic online roleplaying game, like Everquest 2. After all, the players didn't want all of this, all we wanted were minor changes, not a total overhaul.

WE WANT TO ACHIEVE THE STAR WARS FEELING!!
    http://www.swgpetition.com/

Thanks
    • Dooms's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI
      • CPU:
      • 3700X
      • Memory:
      • G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (2 x 16GB)
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 970 1TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 2080 Super
      • PSU:
      • 750W Corsair Pro
      • Case:
      • Ncase M1 6.1
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 11 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 34UC88 34-Inch 21:9
      • Internet:
      • 1GB Telenor
    i played galaxies from week before release to publish 11 i think (whatever the patch was when ID tents appeared outside cantinas) and then tried it again when JTL came out (not for long) and then logged on again last month and been following the combat upgrade since. Its a good idea but takes away what i loved about galaxies - i hate having to watch times countdown

Registered+
    Thanks
    I been playin since it came out and found the game amazing except for some lag, I have spent months working my way up and have even reached Jedi Knight!!! but then wow came out and i started playing it a bit more then SWG i only found that they had brought this new combat patch out off Eru in wow and decided to try it, and i am not impressed. I will defo be filling this petition in b4 more people leave for good!!!

Benji boy

Thread Information