• Case:
      • Antec P180
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • HP w2207 (22" wide)
      • Internet:
      • Rubbish ADSL
    The purpose was to encourage the people that wanted to do PvP to kill people around their level, and if I have the opportunity of attacking a lvl 40 or a lvl 55 I'll chose the lvl 55 (assuming the same class), because I'll get honour points from it. But if the low level people are attacking XR I won't hesitate to kill them, as they are part of the team that are Raiding, killing them weakens the team and gives us an advantage.
    I don't mean to sound cold, or cruel, or vicious, but I am so that's the way it comes out.

Thanks
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4-3000
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 (OS) + 2 x 512GB Samsung 960 EVO in RAID 0 (Games)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC
      • PSU:
      • XFX P1-650X-NLG9 XXX 650W Modular
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Node 804
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" BenQ XL2730Z + 23" Dell U2311H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps
    Quote Originally Posted by TiG
    Almost got killed by a lvl 21 last night, on 290 hp after taking a lvl 60 warrior down solo, and this lvl 21 ham strings me to stop me legging it, first hit takes about 30 off, and i'm rather worried that i'm going to die to a lvl 21, turn round and frost shock him, to slow him down. Funny enough the 500ish dmg it did killed him in one
    That's defending yourself, that's fine.

When i have a choice i'll choose lvl 60 over lvl 40, however if a lvl 40 human is just about to kill a lvl 35 orc, i'll just jump in and kill the human to keep a fellow horde alive.
    Hmm, I'd have to disagree, it's unfair I suppose. Think about the Alliance guy, not the char, the guy sitting at his desk or whatever, having fun, partaking in PvP, about to kill someone and get an honourable kill, then some w*nker 20 levels above you comes along, kills you in one hit and completely ruins your fun.

You just can't make killing people 20 levels lower dishonourable kills, it just wouldn't work.
    I'm not saying it should, as there would be many problems as previously discussed before, but I'm sure they could implement a system whereby you only get dishonourable kill if you instigate the attack, but if they attack you first and you defend yourself, you should not get a DHK.

Its a game that rewards lvl 60 a bit too much imo, but saying that in reality it allows you to get there if you work on one character pretty quickly (compared to other mmorpgs)

Overall it all works out pretty well.

TiG
    I agree with the first bit, it does reward level 60's too much, and that's the only thing that REALLY bugs me about WoW. There should be servers for casual players IMO, with some kind of level limit, so you don't get people joining and getting to level 60 in 1 month or so. But that's just my opinion and a server like that probably won't be created.

Thanks
    • Mblaster's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS PK5 Premium
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 2500K
      • Memory:
      • 8gb DDR3
      • Storage:
      • Intel X25 SSD + WD 2TB HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia GeForce GTX 570
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX520
      • Case:
      • Antec P180
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • HP w2207 (22" wide)
      • Internet:
      • Rubbish ADSL
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen
    but I'm sure they could implement a system whereby you only get dishonourable kill if you instigate the attack, but if they attack you first and you defend yourself, you should not get a DHK.
    That has been discussed before and that still will not work and would not only go against the whole storyline of the game (it's a war!) but would cause AoE not to be used incase someone kills a low level character getting them dishonourable kills.
    I don't mean to sound cold, or cruel, or vicious, but I am so that's the way it comes out.

Thanks
    There should be zonal areas - let me explain.

Crossraods should be one of those zonal areas, any alliance in that area(Close around the horde camp) are up to no good there fore they become flagged an "Honourable Kill" regardless of lvl, as someone said this is war and there will be casualties. Whether you are horde or alliance the multiple kill of a single target still comes into effect, if anything that should be more frowned upon than the level, if you are not prepared to die for your cause, then dont go to war

On another note i never know whether to help someone in a 1vs1 PvP battle or not, as the only person i helped "LvL32 warrior against a Lvl33 Paladin" got me a "Right Royal Bolocking" of said warrior as i just killed his mate when they were having a fair fight...incidentally the warrior was at 5% health, the pally was at least 70% so i thought i was helping out
    But that happens when Aliance all get labelled as gankers/campers.....me and redpiggy were in blasted lands other killing dragon elites when we got jumped by another dragon elite when we were both low on health, a human helped out and bugger me to my suprise it was a PALADIN, i was shocked! We thanked him, he waved There are good and bad on both sides i guess But there are names regardless of lvl i go out of myway to kill at every opportunity, FoT's little black book
    Arathor

TiG
    Walk a mile in other peoples shoes...
    Thanks
    Hmm, I'd have to disagree, it's unfair I suppose. Think about the Alliance guy, not the char, the guy sitting at his desk or whatever, having fun, partaking in PvP, about to kill someone and get an honourable kill, then some w*nker 20 levels above you comes along, kills you in one hit and completely ruins your fun.
    LOL, thats like saying as a lvl 60 horde, the alliance should let me kill one lvl 60 at a time without protecting their own members. Really Allen, i mean come on you aren't truely suggesting that you honestly believe that?.

I mean its a battle, it may be "unfair" as the amount of effort it takes a lvl 60 to kill a lvl 40 may be small but i feel its a either a bit niave, or at least a bit carebearish to truely believe that it ruins your fun.

Now if that doesn't make the point. Think about it from the lvl 35 horde point of view..... That lvl 60 horde just left me to die and DID NOTHING.....

He's going to be annoyed, probably even more pissed off at someone who did nothing to help.

TiG
    -- Hexus Meets Rock! --

Thanks
    I have to agree with TiG on this one Allen, sticking up for your side is fine. What gets most people goat are the ones that have no intention of anything other than killing low levels becuase they can, it's easy, and they think it's fun.

I remember my first day at comprhensive school, we were playing football when a kid from the year above came up, nicked the ball, and booted it over the fence. He told us that had happened to him on his first day and he's been waiting for his turn ever since. I was reminded of that by a further posting on the Guardian site:

"It won't stop the ganking... I've been on 2 raids - both times I got ganked by someone displying lvl as ??.... After that I can say when I get to high lvl I fully intend to get revenge on the low doods!"

He's going to get 'revenge' on a group of people who did nothing to him in the first place?? He's not going to hunt down the high level characters and kick their behind in a savage display of his gaming prowess, he's going to 'gank' (his words) the lower levels because that's what happened to him. Now that would pee me off.

Thanks
    Now if that doesn't make the point. Think about it from the lvl 35 horde point of view..... That lvl 60 horde just left me to die and DID NOTHING.....

He's going to be annoyed, probably even more pissed off at someone who did nothing to help.

TiG
    Read my post above, i guess that aint always the case is it
    Arathor

Thanks
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 (OS) + 2 x 512GB Samsung 960 EVO in RAID 0 (Games)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps
    LOL, thats like saying as a lvl 60 horde, the alliance should let me kill one lvl 60 at a time without protecting their own members. Really Allen, i mean come on you aren't truely suggesting that you honestly believe that?.
    No, I don't believe that, I just typed it for the hell of it.....

I mean its a battle, it may be "unfair" as the amount of effort it takes a lvl 60 to kill a lvl 40 may be small but i feel its a either a bit niave, or at least a bit carebearish to truely believe that it ruins your fun.
    You would say that, you're level 60 and you can't get one hit killed by anyone. Even at lvl 40 I doubt you could've been one hit killed...

TiG
    TBH, I would rather die in a fair fight than be rescued by someone 20 levels higher than the guy I was fighting, it would make me feel pretty worthless if I had to be rescued like that.

I suppose pride and honour just hold you back in MMORPG's then? It seems like you need to be ruthless and backstabbing to actually get anywhere...

Thanks
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps
    Quote Originally Posted by Beach
    What gets most people goat are the ones that have no intention of anything other than killing low levels becuase they can, it's easy, and they think it's fun.
    Those sort of people need to have their heads ripped off so we can s*it down their throats... (and you can think that means spit if you like)

Thanks
    Those sort of people need to have their heads ripped off so we can s*it down their throats... (and you can think that means spit if you like)
    At least you can be rational about it

Thanks
    I suppose pride and honour just hold you back in MMORPG's then? It seems like you need to be ruthless and backstabbing to actually get anywhere...
    Not strictly true is it? If you have fun playing wit pride and honour, then you can get somewhere in this game, proved by the characters you have
    Last edited by Father-Time; 08-06-2005 at 01:38 PM.
    Arathor

Thanks
    Was that the reason for killing the Inn keeper at Gadgetzan last night. Then posting your glorious deed in guild chat? Was that honourable?

Thanks
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps
    Quote Originally Posted by beanbandit
    Was that the reason for killing the Inn keeper at Gadgetzan last night. Then posting your glorious deed in guild chat? Was that honourable?
    No, that was coz I was extremely bored and I was seeing what I could get away with. And besides, there's no person sitting at a computer controlling NPC's...

Thanks
    No, that was coz I was extremely bored and I was seeing what I could get away with. And besides, there's no person sitting at a computer controlling NPC's...
    but what about his little NPC wife and the NPC kids, sat there waiting for daddy to come home from a hard day at the inn, what are you gonna say to them? eh? It's always the families that suffer Allen, remember, they didn't sign up to this crazy war.

Thanks
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps
    Quote Originally Posted by Beach
    but what about his little NPC wife and the NPC kids, sat there waiting for daddy to come home from a hard day at the inn, what are you gonna say to them? eh? It's always the families that suffer Allen, remember, they didn't sign up to this crazy war.

Crazy man!

TiG
    Walk a mile in other peoples shoes...
    Thanks
    You would say that, you're level 60 and you can't get one hit killed by anyone. Even at lvl 40 I doubt you could've been one hit killed...

TBH, I would rather die in a fair fight than be rescued by someone 20 levels higher than the guy I was fighting, it would make me feel pretty worthless if I had to be rescued like that.

Allen, the real crux of the matter is that your view on WoW is vastly different to most peoples in my experience. Getting 1 hit killed may not happen, but when you kill lvl 60 alliance that many times believe me they start to single you out

I can't believe you'd rather die than feel like you've helped gain a victory over an alliance character 5 lvls higher than you. That concept feels totally alien to me and i just can't relate to that.

Pride and honour are fickle things, I have a lot of respect from many of the top level alliance characters, because they often find themselves dead at my hands, but that also means that they view me as a threat and do their best to kill me quickly. Being a level 60 horde in PVP can be a very dangerous situation to be in. All the alliance lvl 60's want a piece of you, much more than the lvl 40's etc near them.

But then battlegrounds will remove all this hassle, can't see much pvp happening anywhere but battlegrounds from now on. Fair fights against alliance, DAMN that will be fun

TiG
    -- Hexus Meets Rock! --

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information