Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why am in being ignored by Scan?

Registered+
    Thanks

Why am in being ignored by Scan?

I have sent 3 emails to SCAN now requesting an RMA procedure regarding my Corsair 1200w psu. Its dieing as i have tried another psu in my system and the Corsair psu fails to boot up my motherboard. Ive had the psu for 18 months so i have over 5 years warranty RTB on it.

Ive bought lots of stuff from SCAN over the years but you will see how good a company is when its time for an RMA. Im disgusted with SCAN and there RMA support, seems that after they have your money there not interested. If you cannot honor the warranty then DO NOT list as saying that you can and i will take my business to somebody else.
    Regards.

Corsair Rep
    Thanks

Re: Why am in being ignored by Scan?

I am very sorry to hear that. Have you submitted a ticket about this issues directly to Corsair? If you haven't, I'd suggest that you create a ticket, that way we can have that PSU replaced via RMA process.

Corsair RMA process

btw, when did you put in the RMA request at Scan?

3. Received thanks from:

Saracen (12-11-2013)

Scan Computers Technical/Returns Mark@SCAN's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Mark@SCAN's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS MAXIMUS VII GENE Z97
      • CPU:
      • i7 4790k @ 4.7ghz
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 2400MHz
      • Storage:
      • 1x 512GB Samsung SM951 NVME & 1x 4TB WD Caviar Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 980
      • PSU:
      • Silverstone SST-ST75F-G Strider 750w
      • Case:
      • SilverStone FT03B
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • DELL U2711H
      • Internet:
      • SKY Fibre Unlimited

v3teran,

Further to our conversation we were not ignoring you! you submitted 3 e-mails yesterday, 2 in the early hours of the morning just before 2am! and then a further e-mail at 10:40am. As I explained during our call this morning Monday is our busiest day as we have more queries to reply to from the w/end so it may take us slightly longer than normal to reply but I can absolutely 100% assure you that we do not ignore anybody...why would we?! and aim to reply within 24 hours wherever possible, I appreciate on this occasion we have fallen slightly outside of this.

The advice given by Greybeard is correct and follows on from our conversation as the PSU in question is currently out of stock @ SCAN with no E.T.A from Corsair so it would be better on this occasion to go through Corsair's RMA process.

Regards

5. Received thanks from:

Saracen (12-11-2013)

Corsair Rep
    Thanks

Thanks for the explanation Mark. That's what I thought, there must have been a reasonable explanation why v3teran's email weren't being replied to right away. Anyway, just glad you guys have sorted it out.

@v3teran, like what I have suggested previously, at this point since Scan does the not have said PSU in stock, I'll be more than happy to get the replacement for you via our own RMA. Submit a ticket using Corsair RMA process and once you have the ticket #, let me know what it is and I will personally push it through the system so we can get you a replacement as quickly as possible.

7. Received thanks from:

Jonj1611 (20-11-2013),kalniel (12-11-2013),Saracen (13-11-2013)

Registered+
    Thanks

Thankyou Greybeard. Will my replacement be a new psu or a refurb? I dont want a refurb if im honest as in my many years of experience (33) they dont normally last too long at all.
    Cheers.

Corsair Rep
    Thanks

You will get a brand new PSU as a replacement

10. Received thanks from:

Apex (19-11-2013)

Registered+
    Thanks

The Psu was working intermittently over the last couple of months. The psu is now totally dead and also the PSU at the back has gone. The power switch at the back permanently stays on as if its springloaded to the on postion. Ive sent for an RMA.

Cheers

Corsair Rep
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by v3teran View Post
    The Psu was working intermittently over the last couple of months. The psu is now totally dead and also the PSU at the back has gone. The power switch at the back permanently stays on as if its springloaded to the on postion. Ive sent for an RMA.

Cheers
    Sorry to hear that v3teran. Were you able to get a new RMA #? If you did, let me know what it is so I can flag it for failure analysis. I may to request that we get that unit back here in HQ for further testing.

Registered+
    Thanks

No im still waiting on an RMA number, i thought Corsair were supposed to be good?
    All ive seen so far is some of the worst customer support.
    Ive contacted Corsair 3 times now and ive heard nothing.
    Greybeard you seem to only come into this thread once every 2 weeks which isnt good enough.
    Ill have to send it back to Scan as the customer support from Corsair is pathetic.
    Scan have no longer got any of these psu's in stock.
    Been waiting 2 months now and no reply.
    Seems to me that companies like Scan and Corsair only want your money, as soon as there is a problem with hardware, Scan and Corsair dont want to know, im simply being ignored as the thread title says.
    Gonna contact trading standards today for advice.
    Last edited by v3teran; 09-01-2014 at 08:44 AM.

Thanks
    • Chadders87's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 3570k
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) 1600mhz
      • Storage:
      • Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB (Sata3)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire AMD Radeon 7870 2GB
      • PSU:
      • BeQuiet 450w (140mm)
      • Case:
      • BitFenix Prodigy
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home Premium
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 21.5'
      • Internet:
      • Sky Unlimited

Have you tried giving them a call. Perhaps there is a reason for the delay.

I find if I talk to a customer services rep calmly and treat them respectfully you tend to get things done quicker and treat you better in return. This has been the case on the few times I have contacted both Scan and Corsair and have not had the issues you have had.

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chadders87 View Post
    Have you tried giving them a call. Perhaps there is a reason for the delay.

I find if I talk to a customer services rep calmly and treat them respectfully you tend to get things done quicker and treat you better in return. This has been the case on the few times I have contacted both Scan and Corsair and have not had the issues you have had.
    Scan dont want to know, they have told me to contact Corsair, like i said they dont care once things go wrong as they have my money now. Like i said at the start of this post when i first highlighted the problem to Scan, they were ignoring my emails because i tested this by sending other emails about stock requests and they replied (Lee Horan) within 30 mins so this proves to me that they were ignoring my emails when it came to RMA of the psu. I still have the email with dates, times etc.

The only number i can find for Corsair is the one in the USA, it says its for free if you use skype but i can get no connection.

Pathetic customer service, i wont be buying from Scan and if Corsair dont sort my problem out pretty fast i wont be buying Corsair products ever again either.
    Trading standards have told me that the item was bought from scan so that is who i return the item too but i think ill go to the Corsair forum as Scan are a waste of time when it comes to rma, worse than ocuk and that is saying something.
    Last edited by v3teran; 09-01-2014 at 01:14 PM.

HEXUS.social member Disturbedguy's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Disturbedguy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Rog Strix Z370-H Gaming
      • CPU:
      • i7 8700K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair something or other
      • Storage:
      • 1 x Samsung 960 EVO (250GB) 1 x Samsung 850 EVO (500GB)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 1080Ti
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate
      • Monitor(s):
      • 32inch Samsung TV
      • Internet:
      • Crap

Scan dont want to know, they have told me to contact Corsair, like i said they dont care once things go wrong as they have my money now. Like i said at the when i first highlighted the problem to Scan, they were ignoring my emails because i tested this by sending other emails about stock requests and they replied (Lee Horan) within 30 mins so this proves to me that they were ignoring my emails when it came to RMA of the psu. I still have the email with dates, times etc.
    You e-mailed them TWICE in the early hours of the morning and then at 10am. Do you expect them to have someone sat there just in case you decide to e-mail them at silly o'clock in the morning? It was Monday, I would imagine most companies are busiest on a Monday. Why would they ignore you? It makes no sense and just sounds like you like having a good moan.

Pathetic customer service, i wont be buying from Scan and if Corsair dont sort my problem out pretty fast i wont be buying Corsair products ever again either.
    Trading standards have told me that the item was bought from scan so that is who i return the item too but i think ill go to the Corsair forum as Scan are a waste of time when it comes to rma, worse than ocuk and that is saying something.
    To put a bit of perspective on this, I have had a few RMA's with SCAN and never had a problem, I even took an entire system down due to it having issues booting and left it with SCAN, by time I got home, about an hour later, I had an e-mail saying it had been sorted and the system had been sent out.

I also RMA'ed a mouse with Corsair due to it being faulty on arrival, the entire thing was dealt with quickly.

People are quick to complain when things go wrong / they arent getting their own way, but very rarely do they praise.
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKTAK View Post
    It didn't fall off, it merely became insufficient at it's purpose and got a bit droopy...

Scan Computers Technical/Returns Mark@SCAN's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Mark@SCAN's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS MAXIMUS VII GENE Z97
      • CPU:
      • i7 4790k @ 4.7ghz
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 2400MHz
      • Storage:
      • 1x 512GB Samsung SM951 NVME & 1x 4TB WD Caviar Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 980
      • PSU:
      • Silverstone SST-ST75F-G Strider 750w
      • Case:
      • SilverStone FT03B
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • DELL U2711H
      • Internet:
      • SKY Fibre Unlimited

v3teran,

We are happy to deal with your RMA and were originally, however due to your eagerness to resolve the problem quickly and due to the item purchased being out of stock/EOL it was suggested to speak to Corsair, we have had no dealing with this since the start of November, so i'm sorry but I cannot agree with your comments about us being a waste of space.

Please submit an RMA request with SCAN via the following link.

https://secure.scan.co.uk/aspnet/sup...px?QueryType=R

18. Received thanks from:

Apex (09-01-2014),Chadders87 (09-01-2014)

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbedguy View Post
    You e-mailed them TWICE in the early hours of the morning and then at 10am. Do you expect them to have someone sat there just in case you decide to e-mail them at silly o'clock in the morning? It was Monday, I would imagine most companies are busiest on a Monday. Why would they ignore you? It makes no sense and just sounds like you like having a good moan.

To put a bit of perspective on this, I have had a few RMA's with SCAN and never had a problem, I even took an entire system down due to it having issues booting and left it with SCAN, by time I got home, about an hour later, I had an e-mail saying it had been sorted and the system had been sent out.

I also RMA'ed a mouse with Corsair due to it being faulty on arrival, the entire thing was dealt with quickly.

People are quick to complain when things go wrong / they arent getting their own way, but very rarely do they praise.
    Yes i emailed them twice in the morning knowing that when they start at 9am that they would recieve my emails. What about the other emails that i sent that following day that were also ignored? They forgot to mention those lol. Like i said i asked for stock requests and was replied to in 30 minutes so i was being ignored. I still did not receive any emails, i had to phone them up which was a waste of time as they had none in stock and didnt want to upgrade me to the 1200i even if i added the extra money.

At the end of the day you may have had good experiences, that does not mean that i have had the same experiences as you! I have had the opposite, just like when i ordered a waterblock (Swiftech XT) from there few years ago and it came without one of the threaded screws i waited 5 weeks to receive a screw that i needed! I swore then that never again would i use Scan but i decided to use them and all was good when things work. Scan are just bad when things do not work and to me that is what makes a company good or bad, depending when you have to send something back.

Like i said ive had nothing but bad experiences with scan as im sure other people have had good experiences.

Anyhow i wont be buying from Scan anymore so it dont matter does it.

Ill ship my psu to corsair direct, i just want what i paid for and the warranty honoured, that is all.

Corsair Rep
    Thanks

v3teran,

I'm a bit confuse here, not sure If I missed something but I'm really lost. Back in Nov, I have suggested that you apply for an RMA and get a ticket # that way I can personally sort it out for you. Then you posted back on Dec 21 saying that the PSU was working intermittently and was sent back for an RMA. For clarification, was that a replacement that we sent to you? or was that the same PSU you've had issue initially? The whole time I was under the impression that you were able to sort everything out it out via Corsair RMA and already got a replacement, but from the tone of your post, sounds like you didn't. So my question is, did you ever submit an RMA request to Corsair? because, I didn't see a ticket # on any of your post both here and Corsair forum.

btw, about the two weeks that I wasn't here, Corsair was on a holiday break, sorry if I wasn't able to respond to your post right away.

Anyway, I saw your post on our forum as well, looks like Technobeard is going to look into your case.

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Greybeard View Post
    v3teran,

I'm a bit confuse here, not sure If I missed something but I'm really lost. Back in Nov, I have suggested that you apply for an RMA and get a ticket # that way I can personally sort it out for you. Then you posted back on Dec 21 saying that the PSU was working intermittently and was sent back for an RMA. For clarification, was that a replacement that we sent to you? or was that the same PSU you've had issue initially? The whole time I was under the impression that you were able to sort everything out it out via Corsair RMA and already got a replacement, but from the tone of your post, sounds like you didn't. So my question is, did you ever submit an RMA request to Corsair? because, I didn't see a ticket # on any of your post both here and Corsair forum.

btw, about the two weeks that I wasn't here, Corsair was on a holiday break, sorry if I wasn't able to respond to your post right away.

Anyway, I saw your post on our forum as well, looks like Technobeard is going to look into your case.
    No it never got sorted, its the same psu, even though i messaged corsair customer support i didnt hear anything. The only response ive got is from yourself and Technobeard.

Thread Information