Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Should prescriptions be free for the whole UK?

Seething Cauldron of Hatred TheAnimus's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Should prescriptions be free for the whole UK?

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
    Back on form i see.
    Poor students never get anything eh???

For a young man that likes to profess his wealth and intelligence so much, your narrow mindedness never ceases to amaze me.
    People like you are far worse than the 'lazy arse scum' you hate so much.
    If your a student, plenty of whom are at the debt maximum they can get (often thanks to poor financial planning, but hey we where all young once!) many people get stress related illnesses in their last few weeks of uni term time. This is also normally nearing the summer break when you can get a job again.

Plenty of uni's put very hard limits on the hours you can work too.

Add on the fact we are short of students in many disciplines, don't you think its a little un-fair that they can get lumbered with bills? My last round of NHS perscriptions cost me £40. As a student that was two weeks non rental expenses.

I guess if your parents are wealthy enough to be paying you to go to a good uni, because lets not forget the party you vote for decided that academic merit isn't enough to go to a good uni, you have to be able to afford the higher costs than portsmouth, then i guess its not a problem.

You have a real chip on your shoulder it seams about people learning in a structured environment. If we asked everyone to take some time out in the world, save up enough to go to uni, we would have such a cronic shortage of higher end staff the economy would be negatively impacted. Given that graduates earn more, its obvious they also get taxed more? Let alone if your a graddy your much more likely to be in the 40% bracket.

Cutting them some slack on essentail things like medication seams like a good idea?
    throw new ArgumentException (String, String, Exception)

Admin (Ret'd)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Steve A View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Saracen
    I also understand that cancer is being added to the list of conditions which will result in at least some entitlement.
    Sorry i got this far and got too annoyed to carry on reading.

This just about sums up todays society. If your an unemployeed bum, and i mean the ones that cba to get a job rather than the people are unable to work for "Valid" reasons.

Bums get it free as well as there free house and council Tax

People who are Terminally i'll are entitled to "Some" .... errr ok

And i know there is a thin line here, people who are Terminally i'll may well fall into the "CBA" bracket, however it still makes me mad that the real people get the short straw.
    Well, before you get part way through reading and get angry enough to go off on a rant, perhaps you want to read it properly.

I said I "understand" cancer has been added, because I know provisions have been made, but not what they are. I said "at least" and "some" because, without knowing what they are, I allow for the possibility that it might not cover all cancers or all situations.

It turns out, however, that it pretty much does cover all situations. You qualify for free prescriptions if you are being treated for :-

- cancer
    - the effects of cancer
    - the effect of cancer treatment.

So you went off on a rant simply because of a phrase designed to say that there are provisions, but I didn't know what they were.

Oh, and by the way, you go on to quote my "some" and apply it to those that are "terminally ill". I would point out that not all cancer patients are terminally ill, and that these days, a good many survive it .... including my wife, who has undergone a couple of operations for cancer and is currently still being treated. A good many don't survive it though, including, oin my immediate family, my sister-in-law and both parents.

Also, there are plenty of people that are terminally ill from things that aren't cancer, and they aren't covered by the cancer provisions.

Thanks

I think inhalors for asthma should be free...cost me a fortune, and its something i need and will most likely always need now.

Thanks

^ It's worth getting a yearly prescription card thingy-ma-jiggy. (Can't quite remember what it is called)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information