Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: labour lost!!!

Thanks

labour lost!!!

if you guys didnt know
    last night the votes were all counted and blair only had 26% of the vote
    with the conservatives at 36%, this is quite interesting seeing as the labour party are in government now....
    any thoughts?

Thanks
    Hopefully not a sign of things to come...

Labour has saved the country from the awful place it was, by creating jobs, lowest unemployment records of all time under labours rule. im not saying we live in utopia, far from it, but at least theres no reason for not having a job anymore, you cant get payed 1.20 and hour, you have to get payed minimum wage. rich people vote conservative, because they want higher interest rates, so they get more money back each month off there saving, but the people who arent loaded buying here house cant afford the stupid amounts of increases the goverment woule make them pay on there mortgage. so a spiral starts, nobody can afford a house, so they dont sell them, which puts estate agents out of work, because noboy can afford houses, they dont need to build them, so builders, engineers, carpenters all the way down to the bloke who makes the tea for people who make bricks and in danger of loosing there jobs...
    Last edited by Russ; 11-06-2004 at 08:02 AM.

Thanks
    Sorry Russ old m8 - the day this god-awful government are booted out of Westminster can't come soon enough, purely selfish reasons I'm afraid.

If I was married and sitting pretty in a nice 2 bed semi I bought 20 years ago with kids and a fetish for public services, I'd be quite happy with this government.

But I'm not.

I'm a single person living with my partner, working full time in rented accommodation, driving to a modestly paid full time job everyday. I can't afford to buy our first property because Gordon Brown in his infinite wisdom has chosen to create an economic policy of borrowing that has seen the price of houses spiral out of control. I couldn't care less about public services - any service I use I damn well pay for, and I pay a lot. Council tax has gone up, petrol is now at silly prices, I'll be damn lucky to find an NHS Dentist who will take me on as a patient, Crime is at record levels, still -
    as long as less people are claiming benefit (which is how the unemployment figure are taken)

Labour swept to power shouting that things could only get better - they haven't. Its got a damn site worse from where I'm standing..

Thanks
    • Butuz's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z77 MPOWER
      • CPU:
      • I7 3770K @ 4.6
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair XMS 1866
      • Storage:
      • Sandisk SSDs
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 3xR9 290
      • PSU:
      • be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10
      • Case:
      • Inwin H Frame
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
    I think they are all as bad as eachother, all 2 faced liars with their own agendas.

Were stuck.

Butuz

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Butuz
    I think they are all as bad as eachother, all 2 faced liars with their own agendas.

Were stuck.

Butuz
    My feelings too exactly
    Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    And by trying to force me to like small pants, they've alienated me.

Thanks
    • steve threlfall's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z77-D3H
      • CPU:
      • Core i5-3570K
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 830 256
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Radeon HD6870
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX750
      • Case:
      • Antec P280
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407 WFP 24" Widescreen, Rev A04
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 120/12 mb
    Quote Originally Posted by Butuz

Were stuck.

Butuz

This is exactly how i felt voting the other day, for the first time

Flibble Ye Not
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Skii
    Sorry Russ old m8 - the day this god-awful government are booted out of Westminster can't come soon enough, purely selfish reasons I'm afraid.

If I was married and sitting pretty in a nice 2 bed semi I bought 20 years ago with kids and a fetish for public services, I'd be quite happy with this government.

But I'm not.

I'm a single person living with my partner, working full time in rented accommodation, driving to a modestly paid full time job everyday. I can't afford to buy our first property because Gordon Brown in his infinite wisdom has chosen to create an economic policy of borrowing that has seen the price of houses spiral out of control. I couldn't care less about public services - any service I use I damn well pay for, and I pay a lot. Council tax has gone up, petrol is now at silly prices, I'll be damn lucky to find an NHS Dentist who will take me on as a patient, Crime is at record levels, still -
    as long as less people are claiming benefit (which is how the unemployment figure are taken)

Labour swept to power shouting that things could only get better - they haven't. Its got a damn site worse from where I'm standing..
    Everything you say here almost mirrors my situation.

House prices in my town have gone from an average of 55 to 60k for a two bedroom terrace house to an extortionate 140k, have my wages gone up to mirror this huge increase? Have they billyo. All that in two terms of office, I hate to think what will happen if they get another.

Thanks
    • wilsonian's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus X570 TUF
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen R7 3700X
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 32GB 3600MHz
      • Storage:
      • Samsung1TB 970 EVO M.2
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Radeon RX570 Nitro+
      • PSU:
      • EVGA 850W Gold
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-B25F
    the other thing is unemployment is up. for example if your on the dole and start one of these goverment ran courses they take you off the unemployment list and class you as in education - which is true.. kinda. the person still deosn't have a job and at the end of it is still claiming benifits. just labour class it different so there numbers look good.

what really gets on my nerve is the fact that because i'm employed i can't take advantage of the gov ran courses yet i have been told that if i'm on the dole for one day (!) i can have as many MCSE courses as i want!!

how can they justify that?

it really annoys me that joe blogs who knows bugger all about PC and doesn't have the (dare i say it) love for them can get a MCSE and £20k job at the end of it yet here's me working 40 hours plus a week and having to pay myself to that level!

that really does bug me!!!!

Banned
    Thanks
    "On the basis of voting in 300 key wards the BBC is projecting an equivalent national vote for the parties of Tories 38%, Lib Dems 30% and Labour 26%."

Labour backlash!

Will work for beer... nichomach's Avatar
    Thanks
    • nichomach's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3
      • CPU:
      • AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 95W
      • Memory:
      • 16GB DR3
      • Storage:
      • 1x250GB Maxtor SATAII, 1x 400GB Hitachi SATAII
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Zotac GTX 1060 3GB
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 500W
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Elite 430
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 20" TFT
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media Cable
    But I'm not. I'm a single person living with my partner, working full time in rented accommodation, driving to a modestly paid full time job everyday. I can't afford to buy our first property because Gordon Brown in his infinite wisdom has chosen to create an economic policy of borrowing that has seen the price of houses spiral out of control.
    Nothing to do with lenders taking advantage of low interest rates (which benefit business by the way) and the massive increase in buy to let by would-be Rachmans (who predominantly buy at the "entry level" of the market) to offer stupid multipliers on mortgages then. It's interesting to note where the upward pressure in the market is. It's not at the middle to top end where prices are relatively stable; it's ALL at the entry level, where first-time buyers are competing with commercial letters for a dwindling number of properties and the mortgage lenders are fuelling amssive price hikes by offering multipliers of 6 times or more.

Of course, if we had reasonable stocks of council housing that might take the heat out of the market a little, but that's another thing the Tories killed off isn't it?

I couldn't care less about public services - any service I use I damn well pay for, and I pay a lot.
    So you didn't and don't use state education or health services or anything like that? Areas where there's benn MASSIVE investment after decades of neglect - by both main parties, I'd admit.

Council tax has gone up
    Agreed, but it's been going up for years, and the government are actually imposing caps on quite a lot of councils.

petrol is now at silly prices
    And duty is a big part of that, but then it always has been under every government. I'd note that the current lot have at least reconsidered the next round of increases. Of course it doesn't help that the oil companies regardless of the actual cost of crude have been jacking up their prices for years.

I'll be damn lucky to find an NHS Dentist who will take me on as a patient
    So exactly the same as under the previous Conservative administration then, who removed the obligation upon dentists to take NHS patients and slashed funding for dentistry services. Oh, and I remember when we had NHS opticians as well, before the Tories killed that service off.

Crime is at record levels
    Yes, a record low according to the British Crime Survey, the largest independent survey of actual crime (if you trust police recorded crime figures, you're mad). Interestingly the BCS also reports that peoples' perception of the crime rate and fear of crime is vastly out of kilter with the actual level of crime. In fact we have massively less crime than in the '80s and it's been either falling or stable every year for about the past decade.

still - as long as less people are claiming benefit (which is how the unemployment figure are taken)
    More people are actually in work, Skii. Actually working, getting paid and getting paid at least minimum wage.

They have, but you'd rather believe they haven't because you're in a snit about petrol going up. So am I, I drive too, the difference is that I'm not swallowing a load of tabloid fuelled nonsense about how terrible things are, because they're not.

Thanks
    The problem is, we don't provide any incentive to work tbh. In the thames valley, if you're earning less than ~16K you're better off to be unemployed. You get a council house for next to nothing, rather than paying 600 quid a month rent....

It's always the same with politicians though. Instead of fighting election campaigns on issues that actually affect people (like making the benefit system work, reviewing some of our more stupid laws, etc.) they're faught on stupid heading grabbing stuff "We can't think of any real issues so we'll colour the PMs eyes red"...

I'd say we need more choice. But we have it, and never vote for them. No one likes to vote for small parties because it would be a "waste" because "they're never going to get into power". Even the Liberal Democrats have that problem and they're the third biggest party.

Communism is based on the rather silly assumption that one person can make a better choice than many.
    Democracy is based on the rather silly assumption that many people can make a better choice than one.
    Now go away before I taunt you a second time.

Thanks
    Its always the fault of the Government before isn't it Nichomach ?

By the way - please point me to where I vigorously defend the previous Tory administration whose dirty work is still so impossible to rectify in any way.

If the crux of my argument is about fuel prices (which it isn't) the argument that it is the fault of the oil producers holds no weight with me, if we want to lay blame with the tory government for introducing the fuel escalator then fine - lets ignore that although the tax was a large proportion of the price of a gallon, it was not at the ridiculous price it is now. lets ignore the fact that this government has made NO attempt to introduce any other solution or do anything about it other than heap increase after increase on top.

Like I said - I'll vote for a party that benefits me, and that isn't Labour.

Will work for beer... nichomach's Avatar
    Thanks
    • nichomach's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3
      • CPU:
      • AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 95W
      • Memory:
      • 16GB DR3
      • Storage:
      • 1x250GB Maxtor SATAII, 1x 400GB Hitachi SATAII
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Zotac GTX 1060 3GB
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 500W
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Elite 430
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 20" TFT
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media Cable
    No Skii, a lot of it is the fault of the party before, some of it is the fault of this government and a large part of what you're complaining about is the fault of commercial organizations. Oh, and some of what you're complaining about is wrong.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nichomach
    No Skii, a lot of it is the fault of the party before, some of it is the fault of this government and a large part of what you're complaining about is the fault of commercial organizations. Oh, and some of what you're complaining about is wrong.
    Nicho - I accept that yes, a lot of what I'm angry about is the result of market forces and not as a direct result of government policy, however maintaining a policy of low interest rates and encouraging people to spend spend spend has just compounded the problem, and long may it continue by the looks of things. This government seems dead set in catering to the whim of every household with kids and a library pass, all I know is the cost of living has gone up and up for me and my partner, and we look set to rent for the rest of our lives.

One skin, two skin......
    Thanks
    Skii - I take it you live somewhere down south?
    I bought my flat on my own in Gateshead and I get paid less than 15 grand a year.
    Maybe you need to move to find cheaper housing to get on the ladder?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Big RICHARD
    Skii - I take it you live somewhere down south?
    I bought my flat on my own in Gateshead and I get paid less than 15 grand a year.
    Maybe you need to move to find cheaper housing to get on the ladder?
    Yeah - West London

You're probably right m8, sadly its the inevitable solution - mind you Peterborough sounds appealing...

Thread Information