Thread: Strange South Asia Weather?

Thanks

Strange South Asia Weather?

I hear strange weather in south asia, snowing all over pakistan and other countries where there shouldnt be snow? what do u people think about that?
    Last edited by ahmad; 26-02-2005 at 07:07 PM.

Ravens Nest
    I think it's definetly due to global warming and wasnt there something on telly the other day about it being proven that it is a man-made problem.

And now a lot of the countrys are serious about starting to cut CO2 emissions
    i.e. the kyoto agreement, which was already being debated but due to the very strange weather occuring all over the world they now realise how serious the greenhouse effect is going to be for all of us.

Thanks
    That reminds me of the film "the day after tomorrow". It snowed in India there.

But yeah, I think even in my life time (18 years), the british climate has changed a bit. I remember when I was young, it used to snow EVERY winter enough to make a few snowmen. Now you'd be luckey to get enough for snowballs. This is discounting the recent snow - that was a one off .

Ravens Nest
    Funny you should say that ajbrun, i remember it snowing a lot more when i was younger, and it used to rain nearly all spring\summer it seemed, and rarely there was Blistering hot summers.

And im 30 now, it always seemed obvious to me something was wrong with the weather i had noticed it for the last 10 years at least (and i worried about it then too).

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravens Nest
    Funny you should say that ajbrun, i remember it snowing a lot more when i was younger, and it used to rain nearly all spring\summer it seemed, and rarely there was Blistering hot summers.

And im 30 now, it always seemed obvious to me something was wrong with the weather i had noticed it for the last 10 years at least (and i worried about it then too).

it has defintely changed over the last few years, no snow anynore

Thanks
    • Lee H's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z370 Carbon Gaming
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 8700K Unlocked CPU
      • Memory:
      • 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 LPX
      • Storage:
      • 250GB 960 EVO + a few more drives
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 6GB Palit GTX 1060 Dual
      • PSU:
      • Antec Truepower 750W Modular Blue
      • Case:
      • Corsair 600T White Edition
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 PRO
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Asus MX279H & 24" Acer 3D GD245HQ + the 3D glasses
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media
    Quote Originally Posted by roacheford
    it has defintely changed over the last few years, no snow anynore
    and no real summer as well.... 1/2 a week of sunshine over 25 degrees and the rest is rainfall or cloud.

Have you noticed that the seasons now seem to be all blended into one rather than have definate style - i.e Summer = sun, autumn = windy & leavy. Now we seem to get all 4 blended into one day.

Something is happening but who knows what it is that is causing the issues. It could be industrial gas emmisions, it could even be the farting/burping cows in New Zealand as methane affects the atmosphere, or it could be the burning of the Amazon rainforest.

We really need to do something to stop this bizarre weather really, such as walk to work when its only a mile away or even stop using the car to go to the corner shop only 300m down the road.

Thanks
    • XA04's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI X570-A Pro
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 5 3600
      • Memory:
      • Corsair 2x 8gb DDR 4 3200
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Serpent M.2 SSD & 4TB HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Palit RTX 2060
      • PSU:
      • Antec Truepower 650W
      • Case:
      • Fractcal Meshify C
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • iiyama 34" Curved UWQHD
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 100mb Fibre
    Quote Originally Posted by ajbrun
    That reminds me of the film "the day after tomorrow". It snowed in India there.

But yeah, I think even in my life time (18 years), the british climate has changed a bit. I remember when I was young, it used to snow EVERY winter enough to make a few snowmen. Now you'd be luckey to get enough for snowballs. This is discounting the recent snow - that was a one off .
    it snowed a tiny bit in scarborough thats it, it was like 1cm. i remember when i was little, building snowmen and things, now, like you said, it's hard enough to get a snowball

Thread Information