Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big Brother

Back in Sunny UK...and it is sunny too :D...pleasant surprise.
    Thanks
    I agree with all of the above about the US. However there are certain advantages.

It's much bigger and harder to control than the UK so being equally paranoid and control freaky as Blair and his merry men is watered down considerably.

I have seen more roadblocks and checkpoints in the UK than I have in the US. Maybe that's a size thing too...dunno.

The population size and makeup makes it harder to impose Orwellian policies on them.

Don't knock that constitution. It may not be the perfect tool but it's a powerful one. Why do think that Blair won't allow us one? It would hamstring the b*stard. Though thinking about it he'd probably put in a clause that said he could veto or otherwise override any part of it anyway if we did have one. Remeber the first order of business? Neuter the house of Lords to remove the checks and balances in our political system.

After 2 terms you can get rid of the prick at the top regardless. Ok his party may remain but we'd be shot of Blair by now. Sadly the insidious weasel waiting in the wings will most likely take over which sends shivers down my spine.

There are certain other economic advantages but those are personal. Don't think this is a knee jerk reaction. I have looked at a number of destinations over a long period of time as well as spent time working in these places. I basically came down to the lesser evil after taking a number of personal considerations into account.

Now if I can find a state where it is legal to shoot chavs (or the transatlantic equivalent) then all will be well.

Despite the assertations above I actually believe I would be better off. Besides, I would rather try to improve my lot and fail than sit and moan about it but doing nothing.
    Last edited by RVF500; 27-10-2005 at 09:30 AM.
    "You want loyalty? ......get a dog!"

Thread Information