Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: David Cameron - New Conservative?

Taz
    Thanks
    • Taz's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z270 HD3P
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 7600K
      • Memory:
      • Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3200C16R Vengeance LPX 16 GB
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 960 EVO M.2-2280 500GB (PCIe) + 1TB Sandisk Ultra II SSD (SATA)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 OC
      • PSU:
      • Corsair CS550M 550W Hybrid
      • Case:
      • NZXT Source 340
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • 34" Asus Designo Curve MX34VQ UWQHD Monitor
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media M350

David Cameron - New Conservative?

I was sorely disappointed when Kenneth Clarke lost out on the Tory leadership race. However, i've been watching David Cameron on TV in the last few weeks and he is growing on me. He's using a lot more 'street language' to appeal to younger voters and I think it will work.

If only he could change his image slightly as he reminds me of Oliver Letwin in the Tim-nice-but-dim way. Worse still he has a slight smugness that resembles Tony Blair. Excuse me while I go and throw up...

Other than that I think he could cause New Labour some problems at the next general election.

Banned
    Thanks
    Street talk?

Is he trying to win voteizzles from the Torizzles? Maybe he will be the next Prime Mizzle!

I've said Cameron will win from the start, and he now looks odds on. He is the Tory Blair, and in my opinion, thats what you need to win the next electizzle!

Vote Conservatizzle!

One skin, two skin......
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewart
    Street talk?

Is he trying to win voteizzles from the Torizzles? Maybe he will be the next Prime Mizzle!

I've said Cameron will win from the start, and he now looks odds on. He is the Tory Blair, and in my opinion, thats what you need to win the next electizzle!

Vote Conservatizzle!
    ROFL!

The problem with the current system is that it is basically a 'least worst' system. Where the choice on the ballot paper is one of two bad choices and you have to vote for the slightly less undesirable of the two.

Banned
    Thanks
    Nah, Cameron is the man the Tories need if they are going to have a chance at the next election, which is why he will win.

He actually made some good points in the live Question Time debate as well, such as his point about Ecstasy and Herion both being class A drugs, and the fact that people don't take this seriosly.

Es need to be downgraded, and for a Tory to realise and support this shows they are not just electing another Toff with no real world experiance.

One skin, two skin......
    Thanks
    Nah, Cameron is the man the Tories need if they are going to have a chance at the next election, which is why he will win.

He actually made some good points in the live Question Time debate as well, such as his point about Ecstasy and Herion both being class A drugs, and the fact that people don't take this seriosly.

Es need to be downgraded, and for a Tory to realise and support this shows they are not just electing another Toff with no real world experiance.

You make a good point, but have the public forgiven the tories enough to vote them back in?

Banned
    Thanks
    I'd ask if the public have had enough of New Labour, spin, and other cock-ups to not kick them out. Now, if they have, they will vote them out, but maybe they are not willing to vote back in the same old Tories they kicked out last time.

Solution? Tory government, but with someone young, with a bit of a softer image (Cameron is a family man, has the did he \ didn't he drug taking issue, which in this case is a plus, as it is another tick in the 'lives in the real world' box, etc), who people can stomach.

So, in short, if the public can get their head around the Tories being in power again, they are more likely to kick Labour out, and Cameron has the best chance of turning the Tories image around, therefore, he is the best choice for Tory leader.

One skin, two skin......
    Thanks
    I'd ask if the public have had enough of New Labour, spin, and other cock-ups to not kick them out. Now, if they have, they will vote them out, but maybe they are not willing to vote back in the same old Tories they kicked out last time.

Solution? Tory government, but with someone young, with a bit of a softer image (Cameron is a family man, has the did he \ didn't he drug taking issue, which in this case is a plus, as it is another tick in the 'lives in the real world' box, etc), who people can stomach.

So, in short, if the public can get their head around the Tories being in power again, they are more likely to kick Labour out, and Cameron has the best chance of turning the Tories image around, therefore, he is the best choice for Tory leader.
    So we vote in the least worst of the time in 2005 (*may not be true, however that's a different argument) and then they progressively get worse and worse until they are now no longer the least worst when the next election comes along and the least worst get voted in.

Yay for democracy! \o/

Thanks
    • dangel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • See My Sig
      • CPU:
      • See My Sig
      • Memory:
      • See My Sig
      • Storage:
      • See My Sig
      • Graphics card(s):
      • See My Sig
      • PSU:
      • See My Sig
      • Case:
      • See My Sig
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • See My Sig
      • Internet:
      • 60mbit Sky LLU
    Quote Originally Posted by Big RICHARD
    You make a good point, but have the public forgiven the tories enough to vote them back in?
    Why not? The public forgave labour enough to vote them back in Governments aren't displaced by opposition at all, just by the mistakes they make and the disatisfaction this causes. I'll go on record now as saying that labour won't make a fourth term in the next election - people are so sick of them that all the tories need do is come up with a palletable figurehead. Which leads me to..

My money was on cameron from the start too - simply because he's the only candidate that doesn't smack of 'old tory' - just as blair didn't smack of 'old labour'.
    Irrespective of party loyalty it's high time labour went.
    Crosshair VIII Hero (WIFI), 3900x, 32GB DDR4, Many SSDs, EVGA FTW3 3090, Ethoo 719

Thanks
    • dangel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • See My Sig
      • CPU:
      • See My Sig
      • Memory:
      • See My Sig
      • Storage:
      • See My Sig
      • Graphics card(s):
      • See My Sig
      • PSU:
      • See My Sig
      • Case:
      • See My Sig
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • See My Sig
      • Internet:
      • 60mbit Sky LLU
    Yay for democracy! \o/
    Yay for the fact we have it at all. Try travelling to some places where they don't

Grass is always greener..
    Crosshair VIII Hero (WIFI), 3900x, 32GB DDR4, Many SSDs, EVGA FTW3 3090, Ethoo 719

Senile Member
    Thanks
    I have never voted tory but as labour become more and more right wing its much less of a leap to consider voting tory.

Thanks
    • iranu's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus Gene VI
      • CPU:
      • 4670K @4.3Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 8Gb Samsung Green
      • Storage:
      • 1x 256Gb Samsung 830 SSD 2x640gb HGST raid 0
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI R9 390
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX620W Modular
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master Silencio 352
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 ultimate 64 bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 23" DELL Ultrasharp U2312HM
      • Internet:
      • 16mb broadband
    I'm sorry but the old slogan "Oppositions do not win elections, Governments lose them" is all too true. We vote someone in because they can't be any worse than the last lot only to find 8 years down the line that actually they are. Worse being a relative thing.
    "Reality is what it is, not what you want it to be." Frank Zappa. ----------- "The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike." Huang Po.----------- "A drowsy line of wasted time bathes my open mind", - Ride.

One skin, two skin......
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dangel
    Yay for the fact we have it at all. Try travelling to some places where they don't

Grass is always greener..

I do live somewhere where we don't have a democracy. Britain. We think we do, but what we have is a farce.

Say I want to vote my mate Joe Bloggs in. I can't go to the polling station and write on the ballot paper 'Joe Bloggs' and put an X next to his name, can I?

Thanks
    • dangel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • See My Sig
      • CPU:
      • See My Sig
      • Memory:
      • See My Sig
      • Storage:
      • See My Sig
      • Graphics card(s):
      • See My Sig
      • PSU:
      • See My Sig
      • Case:
      • See My Sig
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • See My Sig
      • Internet:
      • 60mbit Sky LLU
    I do live somewhere where we don't have a democracy. Britain. We think we do, but what we have is a farce.
    Really? So it's just like say... North Korea is it? Don't be silly

One skin, two skin......
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dangel
    Really? So it's just like say... North Korea is it? Don't be silly

Just because there are worse places in the world doesn't mean that we, in modern Britain, should have to tolerate sub-standard government. In this age of t'internet and high speed communications we should be able to make use of these tools in order to improve our establishment.

Thanks
    • dangel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • See My Sig
      • CPU:
      • See My Sig
      • Memory:
      • See My Sig
      • Storage:
      • See My Sig
      • Graphics card(s):
      • See My Sig
      • PSU:
      • See My Sig
      • Case:
      • See My Sig
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • See My Sig
      • Internet:
      • 60mbit Sky LLU
    Just because there are worse places in the world doesn't mean that we, in modern Britain, should have to tolerate sub-standard government. In this age of t'internet and high speed communications we should be able to make use of these tools in order to improve our establishment.
    I wouldn't disagree - but we _do_ live in a democracy and we _do_ take it for granted. Fact is, the people of this country voted the current government in, three times over - so who's to blame? People are quite willing to grumble and moan about this and that, but at the end of the day if more people got off their collectives and used their vote (something a lot of people died to ensure you'd have) they could affect change. Not that this is directed necessarily at you, but turnout for elections in both the UK and the US is appalling and to me just says how apathetic and lazy we've become..

Thanks
    I wouldn't mind so much if they could sort out proportional representation at some point soon but its highly unlikely

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information