Price of £55 ! (eBuyer)

Below is a small write-up which I think will be helpful to someone also looking for a quiet but fast hdd for backups/day to day usage.

Retail Packaging
Packaged nicely as you'd expect from any retail packing.

Drive Casing
The case is brushed aluminium, it feels smooth but also sharp. The Iomega logo is engraved on one side. It cannot be missed :-p

Installation
The drive comes with no CD unlike other external drives, it was a breeze to install, plug in, power on and Vista did the rest.

Drive Inside
Device manager reports the drive as a ST3320820A which is a Seagate ATA100 7200.10 drive - this is quite re-assuring as my existing SATAII disks are both 7200.10 models and are equally fast/silent.

Performance
I intend to use it as a 1:1 backup solution as my second HDD is a 320GB drive and I will do weekly complete backups over to it. It contains all my documents and backup data should the OS drive die or otherwise.

I copied all the data off my M: drive (129GB) over to the new USB drive so both drives had the exact same data (this took just over an hour) and both are formatted to NTFS with the same formatted size.

Transfer rate seems good @ USB2:

Overall a great drive for £55 and I'd definitely recommend it considering the drive inside the Iomega shell is a Seagate 7200.10

And some photos: