Thread: ideazon Z-Board

Thanks

ideazon Z-Board

The ideazon Z-Board
    Are you tired of Not remembering your duck key when your being grenaded and your the last man left for a Clan Match ?

well....ideazon has come up with a cool and stylish new way to play Online games.... The Z-board....

What is is exactly?

The Z-board features Keyboard layouts suitable for gamers, all the buttons can be used for any game... or the software driver Auto layout.. .AKA a layout of keys for the Z-Board already set out for the game I.E.-Call of Duty...

Looks and style

The nicely designed box makes it stand out,but when you open it you see for the first time the keyboard....

when all is out of the box, the pic above shows what is included...
    -Z-board Key Layout
    -Standard Key Layout
    -Manual with Driver CD
    -Clip on Wrist rest
    -And a SP2 notice.

the keypad itself (the actual bottom of the keyboard) is just a simple rubber contacts when u pull up the key layout.

There are 2 USB ports at the top right hand side of the board-which is handy if your on the move or IMHO a Imac keyboard Idea....

But the Long term effect of this board-would be that the Keypad layouts could end up breaking due to the fact that it's Plastic...

Upon installation of the Board,The manual tells you to place in the standard keyset,keeping the game keyset could conflict. also says just to plug it in the USB port..... known reports i have found that it must be plugged into a USB on the Motherboard due to conflictions on front case Ports.

When XP has picked it up and says "ready to use" simply place the driver cd in ,install and reboot
    **Note- If Service Pack 2 is installed,go to http://www.zboard.com/uk/downloads/downloads_main.htm for updated drivers**

First running after installation

When u reboot,it might take around 30 seconds to be fully ready,because Z-board wizard shows you how to exactly change the key layouts....

the clever thing about this keyboard?
    It has a sensor and the driver that autoruns at bootup can tell which key layout is in.....

Performance

when going to play a game... .simply strap the game layout in and pick what game your playing on the Auto defined layout..... if the game your playing isnt on the list..... not to worry set it to "defualt gamming layout" and you'll have to setup your game keys to Default......

for UT fans,this keyboard is fabulous,withing 5 mins of using the board,i manged 25 kills,3 deaths

for MOHAA fans, the key layout suggested is very awkward at first,it may take a few weeks to getting used to..... Expansion packs are NOT supported so you have to manually configure it in the game...

Add-ons
    Yes,you wouldnt think about a keyboard having add-ons but this one has....
    Nice new Layouts made for games Like WOW,Doom 3 and Pacific Assault..

Conclusion

This keyboard is for the Hardcore gamers who are fedup of using the default keys or have Worn out the Arrow keys on 5 keyboards....

For a 1st time Gamer, would give it a miss because of fiddling around with the games controls and the possible strain it could place on your wrists.....

Even though the plastic layout and SP 2 conflictions....this keyboard is such a Novelty..... although reseting your Game keys 2 default is a pain and could take a while to get used to the layout.....

This board is such a Novelty and is abit Over The Top for the Noob Players in the server...but for us hardcore gamers,it could the best thing since PunkBuster......

I offer it 8/10

-Review by Vincent (Aka ^[RDH]^/Axl[E])

Thanks
    My mate has just bought one of these and i really thought they were disgusting, also i thought the game keyset was the only one you got, and it was a dodgy keyboard layout.

Then he showed (while explaining) it all to me, and i quite like it. Possibly may buy one.

Nice review, thanks

Thread Information