Hi

I think its time to replace my 6 year old Evesham P4 desktop because after its been switched on >10 mins its soooo noisy it sounds like its about to give birth LOL (and yes, i do clean the fans etc).

So want to purchase a low power, quiet yet a reasonably powerful desktop. After doing a lot of web research, have settled on buying the 3XS i3 Green Series but want to customize it keeping it mind the 3 words : low power, quiet, powerful

These are the components which i'm thinking of changing from the default, would appreciate your advice:

1) Case
The default is the Coolermaster Elite 335. However how much better is the Antec P183 with built-in acoustic damping or the Silverstone Fortress FT01B-W? I don't mind spending extra dosh on one of these if its significantly better.

2) Graphics
The default is Intel onboard graphics. If i was to upgrade to the dedicated ATI 512mb XFX HD5450, would this make the pc run only slightly hotter or a lot hotter? I sometimes watch movies so would really like a dedicated graphics card.

3) PSU
Default is 330W Seasonic S512II-330. Should i stick with this or go with the 520W Seasonic M12II-520?

4) Hard Disk
Default is 320GB WD Caviar Blue. If i upgraded to a 1TB WD Caviar Blue, would this still keep my desktop running reasonably cool? Alternatively could i ask Scan to supply/install a WD Green Power 1TB disk? I already have one inside my SKY HD box and its very very very quiet.

Would appreciate your advice on the above components.

Cheers
Shahid