Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guaranteed 4 Working Days ?

Thanks

Question Guaranteed 4 Working Days ?

thinking of putting a order in for an 3XS Velocity X79..

I see an extra £40 for 4 days.... but I also see other poeple saying there items are out of stock and OC fail... So if I pay extra £40 and it's not done in 4 days do I get my money back? well the £40.

Thanks

Re: Guaranteed 4 Working Days ?

Best bet is to ring the sales line and check. Suspect they would refund if it wasn't done in 4 days though. It's a wierd time of year, everyone buys out the stuff and also the stock levels start to go down due to new lines and the stops over Xmas.

Thanks
    • spoons33's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P8Z68-V PRO
      • CPU:
      • i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP
      • Storage:
      • 120Gb Corsair Force GT, 2X 256Gb CRUCIAL M4 SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2 X EVGA GTX 680 SC
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX 850
      • Case:
      • LIAN LI PC-60FNB
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Benq 2420T Ducky Keyboard
      • Internet:
      • VM 60Mb Zowie am mouse

I would imagine the 4 day build Guarantee starts once all items are confirmed as being in stock, as Demonwar said, its probably best to just ring them, I wish this had been available when I bought mine.

Thanks

Morning, I've just placed my order on a 4-day build, however the SCAN process here is confusing and doesn't build confidence. Only the fact I've used SCAN before gave me the nerve to press the button.

1) Firstly SCAN won't guarantee or confirm any dates before / as you order. No matter how much I asked there's very little assurance and lots of "should be ok unless anything goes wrong". They make it sound like the 4 days includes no contingency at all and therefore anything untoward impacts the ready date.

2) There's no mention of getting that £40 back if they miss 4-days.

3) I confirmed that all items for the build were in stock (and in plentiful quantities) before I ordered. Within an hour I got an email stating that some minor items were out of stock but this shouldn't effect my build date. I queried this, but have received no reply as of yet.

So really I've put my faith in SCAN because I've used them before and they were excellent. Had I been a new customer I'm not sure I would have got the reassurance I required to part with so much money.

Thanks
    • Philipp's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ROG Impact
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 4770K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung Evo
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 980Ti
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 550W RMX
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Node
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" ROG Swift
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 20Mb

Hello Andy14,

Could you email me your invoice number please, ill look into this right away.

Best Regards

Thanks
    • Lee H's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z370 Carbon Gaming
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 8700K Unlocked CPU
      • Memory:
      • 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 LPX
      • Storage:
      • 250GB 960 EVO + a few more drives
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 6GB Palit GTX 1060 Dual
      • PSU:
      • Antec Truepower 750W Modular Blue
      • Case:
      • Corsair 600T White Edition
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 PRO
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Asus MX279H & 24" Acer 3D GD245HQ + the 3D glasses
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media

Andy14,

1) I did not want to give a specific 100% guarantee as the reasons stated on the emails we've had going between us recently. However, the issue should be alleviated now as the systems go into build and providing it has no epic failures then the system should be within the time scales stated.

2) This has already been covered in the several emails between us over the last 24 hours.

3) I have raised the issue with the OLQ automated message stating "
    There are a few slight issues with some of the stock on your order but these should be back in within the next few days" on the emails where there are no items out of stock on the order. This appears to only cause more confusion and problems at the moment and a

Best Regards,

j_b
    Registered+
    Thanks
    My new system is currently in the memory test stage at Scan (and has been since this morning) and I must admit the original email (point 3) caused me some confusion initially, as I also made sure all components were in stock when I ordered. It would probably be a good idea to change that email template.

Thanks
    • Philipp's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ROG Impact
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 4770K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung Evo
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 980Ti
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 550W RMX
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Node
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" ROG Swift
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 20Mb

Hi Andy,

Firstly thank you for having the confidence to place your order for a new system with us, please rest assured that it isn't misplaced

I wouldn't agree that the order process is confusing however we all always making improvements to make it as seamless as possible.

In answer to your specific points;

1) I will speak with the sales advisor who took your order, our 4 day priority build is so we can specifically guarantee/confirm the leadtime on your order. You placed your order today and its currently being built right now and will be dispatched on or before Friday.

2) We will always review this on a case by case basis and would never compromise the stability of your system in order to hit the 4 day leadtime. If we need to keep your system back an additional day you will be contacted via phone and have everything explained, I think the majority of people would rather this.

All in all prevention is better than cure, we have a dedicated team responsible for priority orders and contingency built in.

3) This is something that we can improve on, the email you received is automated (once the systems booked in) and is more suited to a normal 10 day build. Physically picking the stock right away is key to a priority system, if something was missing we would be in contact right away with an alternative or revised dispatch date.

Again thanks for taking your time to post up, ill be sure to look into everything and make improvements where appropriate.

Best Regards

Thanks
    • Philipp's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ROG Impact
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 4770K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung Evo
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 980Ti
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 550W RMX
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Node
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" ROG Swift
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 20Mb

Quote Originally Posted by j_b View Post
    My new system is currently in the memory test stage at Scan (and has been since this morning) and I must admit the original email (point 3) caused me some confusion initially, as I also made sure all components were in stock when I ordered. It would probably be a good idea to change that email template.
    Hi j_b

Could you drop me a mail with your invoice number philipp@scan.co.uk ill look into this right away.

Best Regards

j_b
    Registered+
    Thanks

Have done so. Thanks.

Registered+
    Thanks

I wouldn't agree that the order process is confusing however we all always making improvements to make it as seamless as possible.
    When i ordered my computer not loo long ago that I found out whats been mentioned here in so far as you guys have an automated message which tells every customer that some components are out of stock despite the fact in a lot of cases there actually isn't. If that's not considered confusing i don't know what is.

Dont get me wrong i'd buy from SCAN again but i also found the order process confusing compared to when I've bought elsewhere.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Philipp View Post
    Hi Andy,

Firstly thank you for having the confidence to place your order for a new system with us, please rest assured that it isn't misplaced

In answer to your specific points;

1) I will speak with the sales advisor who took your order, our 4 day priority build is so we can specifically guarantee/confirm the leadtime on your order. You placed your order today and its currently being built right now and will be dispatched on or before Friday.

2) We will always review this on a case by case basis and would never compromise the stability of your system in order to hit the 4 day leadtime. If we need to keep your system back an additional day you will be contacted via phone and have everything explained, I think the majority of people would rather this.
    All in all prevention is better than cure, we have a dedicated team responsible for priority orders and contingency built in.
    3) This is something that we can improve on, the email you received is automated (once the systems booked in) and is more suited to a normal 10 day build. Physically picking the stock right away is key to a priority system, if something was missing we would be in contact right away with an alternative or revised dispatch date.

Again thanks for taking your time to post up, ill be sure to look into everything and make improvements where appropriate.

Best Regards
    Morning gents,

Phil I agree that the ordering process is not confusing. Lee helped put the spec together, fine tune it and got the order raised very easily. My only concerns were about the lack of any commitment to any timescales (even when paying the additional £40) which I thought was offputting / odd, and also the auto email addressed in point 3.

1) This seems to be a clash of styles? Lee’s style (who helped put the spec / price together) is non-committal / cautious and unwilling to give any target dates through fear of something going wrong and them not being met. Phil, your style is more bullish, confident and willing to name dates you are aiming to meet. As a project manager by living dates are very important to me, so your comments give me a lot more confidence.

2) I was only replying to the OP on this topic and I’d only expect my £40 refunded if there were serious issues / delays. I fully agree that getting the system right and fully tested is FAR more important than rushing it onto a van for delivery.

3) I’m not sure how long you’ve been using this automated message, but I think it’s misleading at best and bad for business at worst. Even when sending this to customers on a 10-day build if must make them worried, cause many to contact you for further information. I don’t think you should send it to express customers at all as anything out of stock is probably going to effect their build dates and a personal email / call explaining the exact issue would be better.

Hope this doesn't sound too negative, it’s hopefully constructive. I'm a repeat customer, love the SCAN PC I have, the service and customisation that you guys offer, and can’t wait to take delivery of what I’m sure will be another outstanding PC.

Btw, I always do my research when buying anything so expensive and did the same this year. Not only would I come back to SCAN for your service, but your website, customisation options / pre-built PC range are still (by far) the best around. Keep it up !
    Last edited by Andy14; 23-01-2013 at 10:54 AM.

Thanks

I like the automated updates as the PC moves between different stages of the build. The description of following stages is very useful too in those emails. I was was going to ask about BIOS updates during the build, but it's already shown as the next step you do.

Good stuff !

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Philipp View Post

our 4 day priority build is so we can specifically guarantee/confirm the leadtime on your order. You placed your order today and its currently being built right now and will be dispatched on or before Friday.

Best Regards
    Very quiet on the forums now, I seem to remember a lot more chatter about systems in build, but guess this is a support forum so quiet is probably a good thing

No updates on the build today, so fingers crossed it's passed the memory tests and heading towards the end of the process.

j_b
    Registered+
    Thanks

I ordered mine last Friday morning. Build finished today (Thursday), but it hasn't been shipped today. If we're splitting hairs, it didn't quite get dispatched within the four working days. So Close, Almost but Not quite.

I must say though, the build updates are very informative, and it was a nice surprise to receive an email with details of the BIOS o/c settings and the benchmark results. I have found it very easy to speak to Scan members of staff, and have great communication. Just have to wait patiently for some news from the courier now.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by j_b View Post
    I must say though, the build updates are very informative, and it was a nice surprise to receive an email with details of the BIOS o/c settings and the benchmark results. I have found it very easy to speak to Scan members of staff, and have great communication. Just have to wait patiently for some news from the courier now.
    Agreed, although I've a day / so left yet the build updates at the end of each stage have been very interesting so far. Hopefully yours gets shipped tomorrow.!

Thread Information