Thread: 3XS FAQ - Your Questions Answered

Thanks

3XS FAQ - Your Questions Answered

General

How can I get in touch?
    For sales enquiries please call 0871 472 4747.
    For technical support please call 0871 472 4756.
    To log a technical support query please click here.
    To chat online with one of our sales or support team.
    You can post a message in our forum here.

What are your opening hours?
    Scan’s sales office is open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5.30pm and Saturday, 10am to 2pm.

Our technical support office is open Monday to Friday 9am to 10pm, Saturday 10am to 6pm and Sunday 10am to 4pm.

In addition, our website is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Ordering and delivery

How can I place an order?
    You can order a system via our website, by telephone (0871 472 4747) or in person at our retail store at Enterprise Park, Middlebrook, Horwich, Bolton, BL6 6PE.

What payment methods do you accept?
    You can pay for your system using a VISA, MasterCard, VISA Electron, Paypal, American Express, Maesto or VISA Debit card or Bitcoins online.

Once I’ve placed my order how long will my 3XS system take to arrive?
    To ensure you get a system personalised to your requirements we custom build most PCs and laptops. If all the components are in stock we aim to build, test and have your system ready for dispatch within the following period. Please note that at exceptionally busy periods such as Christmas, it may take slightly longer to build and test your system. At such periods we will post updates on the 3XS website advising customers of the expected build times.

Desktop PCs, servers: 10 working days
    Pro Graphics/Audio/Video workstations: 5 working days
    Laptops: 1 working day

Once I’ve placed my order how long will my Scan Value system take to arrive?
    We maintain a stock of pre-built and already-tested Scan Value systems which are ready for next-day delivery.

I need my order faster than 10 working days
    If you need a system sooner than our standard build time then you have two options; you can select Expedited Build and for a small additional fee we will fast track your system and have it ready for dispatch within four working days. Alternatively you may wish to consider one of our Scan Value systems which are pre-built and so are ready for next-delivery delivery.

What is a working day?
    Working days count as Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm, excluding national holidays.

How can I find out more about the status of my order?
    You can track the status of your order, including all the different build, test and QC stages on our website. Simply enter your Build Number and Invoice Number into these fields at the bottom of each page.

How will I know my order has been dispatched?
    As your system is passed from our build department to our courier we will send you an email, advising you that the system will be delivered the following day.

After dispatch, how quickly will my order arrive?
    In the mainland UK, most deliveries are next working day, excluding weekends and bank holidays. Our courier company, DPD, will send you a text or email with tracking details for your delivery and an expected time of delivery within a one hour window.

What happens if I’m out when the courier tries to deliver?
    Our courier, DPD, will leave a card with the telephone number of the local depot for you to call. They will then re-arrange delivery of your order at a convenient time.

Can I collect my order in person?
    This is possible but please call ahead so that your order is ready. Our retail showroom is open from Monday to Friday, 9am to 5.30pm and Saturday, 10am to 2pm.

Customisation

I want a PC my way – will you build it for me?
    If you have a particular design in mind and can’t see a similar spec or look on our website please get in touch on 0871 472 4747 – we’ll be delighted to custom build a system that is totally unique for you, including painting it in any colour you wish.

Can you upgrade my current system?
    If you’re current system is struggling to cope with the latest games and applications you may not need to buy a whole new system. Why not talk to our sales team on 0871 472 4747 about us upgrading your system for you.

What if the components I want aren’t listed on your configurator?
    If you can’t see the component you want listed on the configurator then don’t worry – we can easily customise your system the way you’d like. All we need to do is check whether the components that you want are compatible with each other. Please get in touch on 0871 472 4747 or live chat [link to javascript] to find out more.

Technical support

What should do I do if my system develops a fault?
    First of all we’re sorry that your system isn’t working as it should. All Scan 3XS systems undergo a rigorous 24-hour burn test and 88-point QC procedure. However, from time to time components do fail.

If your system is still under warranty please contact our support team via one of the following methods and we’ll get your system up and running again as quickly as possible.

Telephone: 0871 472 4756
    Email: systemsupport@scan.co.uk

Alternatively you can:

Log a technical support query online here.

Chat online with our sales support team here.

Post a message in our forum.

Please see our dedicated support page for more information and guidance.
    Last edited by James @ Scan; 27-06-2014 at 11:23 AM. Reason: New extended tech support opening times

Thread Information