I had returned my DFI LANPARTY JR P45-T2RS to Scan because of a fault with the onboard Ethernet socket no longer working.

I was testing this extensively with my backup E2180 CPU (I have since been using an X38 motherboard with my newer E8500 CPU) and on multiple installs of Windows and BIOS resets - the result being there was no sign of any network device being detected as if it wasn't there to being with e.g. essentially a dead chip.

Upon Scan receiving the motherboard, I was emailed through stating that the RMA had been rejected because of a damaged CPU socket, diagnosis being: "Damage to the socket - the socket protector was in place when I opened it."

I safely packaged everything back into it's original box as it came, of course putting the CPU socket protector back on as soon as I finished my own personal testing of the motherboard and sending it off so it cannot possibly be damaged seeing as the CPU was working, and the protector is designed to prevent any damage to the actual socket, pins or otherwise anyway.

At the very least I want clarification as to why it was rejected because of this - this wasn't even the fault I filed the RMA for. Did they even test the Ethernet socket?