Thread: Is this how you treat a loyal customer?!?

Thanks

Thumbs down Is this how you treat a loyal customer?!?

Wow! Has the Customer Service from Scan gone so down hill recently? I have been a Scan customer since they started the shop in Radcliffe, and that's almost 20years ago, spending over £10,000 over the period, and yet I am treated like this? What am I on about, well....

My friend and I had bought a batch of 4 Samsung F1 hard drives back in Oct 2008. I have recently had to returned a faulty drive to Scan which you would only issue a partial refund due to wear and tear, and age. I have found this to be unacceptable as my understanding of Samsung warranty is 3 years. I have asked for this to be reviewed and have received a rather arrogant reply from your Return Manager. I have enclosed the reply below:

"You are not dealing with Samsung, you are dealing with Scan, if an item is discontinued we offer a refund, a refund will always take into account benefit of use, which is a calculation allowed within the sales of goods act.

You will note in our original email we only required confirmation you have received the notification, not your consent, consent from yourself is not required as the calculation we have used is within the Sales of goods act.

As you have replied to our email this verifies you did indeed receive our notification of refund and as such I can confirm this will be actioned shortly."

Does it mean any future purchase and return will also be calculated based on the usage??!? I believe I have my rights to question why am I to receive a partial refund when the item is still within the manufacturer's warranty, that is not a consent.

My original reply was merely to express my dissatisfaction with the refund and asked to be reviewed, if I really want to take this up, maybe I should forward your reply to Shelley and ask him to overview his business practice on customer handling?!?

I am no longer looking for this to be resolved, I would simply take the refund and take my custom elsewhere. It is sad to see my regular shop that I have recommended so much to others to fall to such a level.

Thanks

Re: Is this how you treat a loyal customer?!?

eden188

If you can post your Invoice Number or RMA number I will pass this to the Returns Manager to respond to.

Best Regards

Thanks

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your prompt reply and concern. TBH, I do not want any further lessons from your Returns Manager, I'll just take whatever refund is due. Maybe I have been a bit harsh to brand the whole Scan in my moment of anger, but receiving a reply as such is not professional at any level. I have been with Scan for so many years and to be spoilt by an individual is unfair to Scan.

I'll leave it as it is, my post is to express my disappointment with your return service and not Scan as a whole. Maybe I will return to Scan in the future.

Regards

Thanks

eden188

We have a right to reply to this post, not to " give you a lesson " .... To explain the full facts of the situation and explain why we took the decision we have not only to you but to the forum you have posted in.... This isnt the place to flame and run...

I have located your account linked to the user name eden188, there are no purchases of 4 x Samsung HDD's placed on-line, in reception or over the Sales line?

Best Regards

Thanks

ChrisP,

I can appreciate your responsibilities as a customer care to deal with this appropriately.

The order as mentioned in my first post was with a friend, his order detail is as below:

*edited*

If your Returns Manager replies with the same appropriate manner as you have, then I don't think we need to be discussing this over a forum thread.

Regards.

Thanks

eden188

The e-mails from our Returns Dept have not been sent to the e-mail address you use on your account so I believe we have only been dealing with the purchaser directly. We will not be able to send any responses to yourself as you are not the purchaser.

Best Regards

Thanks

ChrisP,

That's OK, like I said, I'm not expecting any further from this. As I have expressed in my 2nd post, I think this is a matter with an individual and not Scan as a whole, whether you want to explain to me or not, that's upto you.

Thanks

eden188

It's not really a matter of " Won't " but " can't " . The decision and reasons why have already been explained with the customer directly already and we can't discuss these situations with third parties.

Best Regards
    Last edited by Chris P; 29-01-2010 at 12:38 PM.

Thread Information