Thread: Logitech G500 and RMA

Thanks

Logitech G500 and RMA

I have a complaint about a RMA process for mouse I ordered from your company.

I ordered a Logitech G500 mouse which I received last Wednesday, I unpacked it and tried to use the device to find the left button on the mouse sticks momentary down before fully releasing the button. The right button does not exhibit this characteristic and this is not a listed feature of the product. My current G5 and previous G7 have never done this either.

So basically is faulty from first use, I tried to get a RMA to be told that I have to contact Logitech first for them to give me a returns number before I can then get a RMA number for this product...

I now have to engage in contact with Logitech which I see is your companies job for faulty goods sold to your company. (removed since I can't prove it) and I'm not happy at all since my contract for this sale is with Scan and not Logitech for the first 30 days and this product was faulty out of the box.

Can I remind your company of this key fact from the 1979 Sale of Goods Act:

It is the seller, not the manufacturer, who is responsible if goods do not conform to contract.

I could fully understand that I need to deal with Logitech after the first 30 days, but this is a joke that I have to go running around at my expense for Scan to do it's job correctly for me.

Why should I have to do the leg work for your company?

Relates to Invoice no <Removed>
    Last edited by Mossy; 23-02-2010 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Removed Inv Number again.

jim
    Thanks
    • jim's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z
      • CPU:
      • i5 2500K @ 4.5GHz
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Sandisk SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS GTX 970
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX650
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT03
      • Operating System:
      • 8.1 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2716DG
      • Internet:
      • 10 Mbps ADSL

Re: Logitech G500 and RMA

Quote Originally Posted by Defiant View Post
    Let me be clear Logitech customer support services does not have a good reputation
    I'm not going to get involved in any of the legal discussion, but that's just wrong. Logitech probably has the best reputation of any computer-based retailer that I know of.

Thanks

Thread moved to correct forum

Thanks

We have advised Logitech for one reason, they have an excellent reputation for their returns process and would be the quickest way for you to get this sorted. We are not passing the buck if we felt it would be quicker for Scan to replace then this option would be offered. We are aware of the legalites we really do not need reminding we will RMA this but all we asked if you would aquire the retuns number off Logitech to speed up the process.

Best Regards
    Last edited by Mossy; 23-02-2010 at 02:42 PM.

Error exists between Keyboard & Chair replace User and press Any Key!

.... Where's the Any Key???

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by snootyjim View Post
    I'm not going to get involved in any of the legal discussion, but that's just wrong. Logitech probably has the best reputation of any computer-based retailer that I know of.
    Removed it since I can't prove it, I admit it's on other posted encounters when checking other sites. Please note this a side issue

Thread Information