Thread: Icy Dock MB971SP-B DuoSwap 2.5"/3.5 : Box specification differs from Scan website

Registered+
    Thanks

Icy Dock MB971SP-B DuoSwap 2.5"/3.5 : Box specification differs from Scan website

Hi

Just received the Icy Dock MB971SP-B DuoSwap 2.5"/3.5 today. I was just checking the specifications on the box, and found that the transfer rate printed is 300MB per second. On your website it says that the transfer rate is 6GB per second SATA 3.

Could you please check to see what I got exactly, as I would require the 6GB SATA 3 transfer rate? I think the serial number of the dock is: 12187381 (this is on the label on the rear of the dock).

I note that the box has a number of labels added to some of the specifications (I guess because they changed them?), so I am wondering if they missed the label on this part.

Regards

Scan Computers Technical/Returns Mark@SCAN's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Mark@SCAN's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS MAXIMUS VII GENE Z97
      • CPU:
      • i7 4790k @ 4.7ghz
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 2400MHz
      • Storage:
      • 1x 512GB Samsung SM951 NVME & 1x 4TB WD Caviar Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 980
      • PSU:
      • Silverstone SST-ST75F-G Strider 750w
      • Case:
      • SilverStone FT03B
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • DELL U2711H
      • Internet:
      • SKY Fibre Unlimited

Re: Icy Dock MB971SP-B DuoSwap 2.5"/3.5 : Box specification differs from Scan website

Hi,

According to the manufactures website: http://www.icydock.com/goods.php?id=141

Up to 6 Gbit/s SATA is supported. It is most likely that they have not updated the printing on the box or used older boxes then stuck over with stickers of the new specifications this practice is common unfortunately

If you have an intel chipset you get check to see if you are getting SATA 3gb/s or 6gb/s in the rapid storage software info tab.

Regards

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Icy Dock MB971SP-B DuoSwap 2.5"/3.5 : Box specification differs from Scan website

Thanks Mark

I will check it when I've built my PC I'm still collecting the components and it could take a while

Thread Information