Thread: A little more understanding would be nice.

Thanks
    • Meaker's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte P55M-UD4
      • CPU:
      • i5 750 (4.34ghz)
      • Memory:
      • GSkill 1600 Ripjaw @ 1333 6-6-6-22 1.5v
      • Storage:
      • 2x 320GB Western Digital RE3 Raid 0
      • Graphics card(s):
      • HD5830 1GB @ 1000/1375
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 600W silent pro
      • Case:
      • Antec P180 mini
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 21.5" Benq 1920x1080 LED + 19" Hanns-G 1440x900
      • Internet:
      • 16Mb O2

A little more understanding would be nice.

I just called about my parcel after the tracking was not moving forward, I contacted DPD and they said contact Scan to raise a investigation.

I called scan and spoke to the guy and it was like talking to a brick wall, I got no sympathy for it missing my day off, just human error, deal with it and the earliest they would deliver is tomorrow. I got told I would receive a time slot for delivery, which is not true in this area as they do use subcontractors which don't give a time slot (incredibly annoying by the way).

I had to suggest maybe putting in a request for a morning delivery so I would be in...

This is how I would of liked that conversation to go:

Me: Hi there my parcel is showing some sort of problem and DPD said to contact you to raise an investigation/
    Scan: I'm sorry to hear that, what's your order number please.
    Scan: Yes the parcel is showing a delay at the sorting office, i'm afraid that will mean it wont be delivered today, are you available during the week?
    Me: Not really, I only had today off....
    Scan: Would you be available for a morning slot any day?
    Me: Yes I could be in for the morning tomorrow.
    Scan: I'll get that sorted.

Why would DPD be allowed to turn around and refuse to do a morning delivery when it's their mistake? Surely scan has enough power to insist it goes out for a morning delivery, this kind of thing should be in your contract.

And to top it all off why did I have to chase this up? Why is this not flagged in the system? The tracking is obviously not moving forward, why is this not automatically caught by your systems and flagged? Why was I not called and told it would not be here today?

Thanks
    • Mick@SCAN's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC
      • CPU:
      • i5 4670k @ 4.7 Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
      • Storage:
      • 120GB Samsung 840 / 2TB Seagate SATA III ST2000DM001 / 120GB Vertex Plus
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 8GB MSI 290X
      • PSU:
      • Enermax Modular Infiniti 650Watt
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design ARC MIDI R2 Tower Case
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Iiyama ProLite G2773HS-2
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mb

Re: A little more understanding would be nice.

Meaker,

I am very sorry to hear about the problems you are having concerning your delivery, I have spoken with the department head on your behalf who will speak to the members of staff involved to ensure a better level of service is provided for these types of incidents.

Although I appreciate your frustration it is not possible for us to guarantee a morning delivery. We have however passed your complaint over to DPD and will try our best to ensure this goes ahead.

Kind regards,

Thanks
    • Meaker's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte P55M-UD4
      • CPU:
      • i5 750 (4.34ghz)
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • HD5830 1GB @ 1000/1375
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Antec P180 mini
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • 16Mb O2

Thanks for your response and I appreciate the time you have taken. However if DPD make a mistake, surely they should do everything in their power to ensure that it gets rectified as quickly as possible?

This issue was identified at around 11:20AM, I could book a delivery for a morning slot so it's not an issue of time.

It all depends on the level of service you want to offer people.

Quite frankly when a company could easily rectify a problem but choose not to it does not look good.

I go back to maybe looking at your contract with DPD and having enforcement terms that say if they make a mistake then any service they offer should be available to help fix it.

Especially when you are talking about making people wait all day for a delivery, or they may not be able to be in.

Thanks
    • Mick@SCAN's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC
      • CPU:
      • i5 4670k @ 4.7 Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
      • Storage:
      • 120GB Samsung 840 / 2TB Seagate SATA III ST2000DM001 / 120GB Vertex Plus
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 8GB MSI 290X
      • PSU:
      • Enermax Modular Infiniti 650Watt
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design ARC MIDI R2 Tower Case
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Iiyama ProLite G2773HS-2
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mb

Meaker,

Further to your query I have checked this order for you and can see that DPD delivered the goods to you this morning at 10:42am.

Whilst we appreciate the inconvenience of your order being late, DPD as with any other company can make a mistake, it would be unreasonable of Scan to impose sanctions on DPD as having checked our statistics DPD have nearly a 94% success rate on first time deliveries.

I must also point out that Scan do not guarantee a next day delivery service, had you not already been receiving free carriage as part of the Hexus community we would have offered a discount or refund on the carriage charges.

Kind regards,

Thanks
    • Meaker's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte P55M-UD4
      • CPU:
      • i5 750 (4.34ghz)
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • HD5830 1GB @ 1000/1375
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Antec P180 mini
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • 16Mb O2

Quote Originally Posted by Mick@SCAN View Post
    Meaker,

Further to your query I have checked this order for you and can see that DPD delivered the goods to you this morning at 10:42am.

Whilst we appreciate the inconvenience of your order being late, DPD as with any other company can make a mistake, it would be unreasonable of Scan to impose sanctions on DPD as having checked our statistics DPD have nearly a 94% success rate on first time deliveries.

I must also point out that Scan do not guarantee a next day delivery service, had you not already been receiving free carriage as part of the Hexus community we would have offered a discount or refund on the carriage charges.

Kind regards,
    Yes it was delivered in the morning, a note was on it saying for morning delivery. That is not a sanction, a sanction would be some sort of fine, or warning that you were potentially going with another company, that was not what I was after.

As it turned out the second parcel I had coming was also a bit of a fiasco to deliver too! Twice in one week they messed up so talking about percentages does not mean much to the consumer.

94% does not equal 100%. There are always going to be mistakes. I was not asking for you to switch companies as no one will get 100%.

All I am saying is that it's perfectly reasonable that when a delivery is failed to be met at no fault of the customer that all services (short of same day for obvious reasons) should be available for free to try and get the parcel to the customer at the most convenient opportunity.

I'm happy to say in the second case I did not have to ask for it, it was offered automatically.

Again that's all i'm saying, no brimstone or hellfire just basic service.

Thread Information