Thread: Damaged Case :(

Registered+
    Thanks

Damaged Case :(

After being impressed by the full tower I got from Scan a few weeks back, I ordered another NZXT Phantom (this time a mid tower) last week from Scan for my fiancée's new build, arrived the next day so got to work putting the machine together. It was only when I went to put the case side panels back on (They were removed first thing before any building took place!) that I noticed a deep scratch on one of the side panels

Contacted Customer Services with pictures and they've raised an RMA, however the only way they will proceed is if I send them back the damaged case panel first! Quite reluctant to do this as it will leave the motherboards / components exposed, and the Mrs has told me she doesn't feel safe using the machine when it's in this state (Despite my best attempts to convince her otherwise, bit of an ache as she works from home too ). I've noticed that some previous cases (excuse the pun!) on here have resulted in Scan shipping a replacement first, collecting the damaged item afterwards, and I've even offered to pay a deposit if the replacement was shipped first but have been told that's not possible

I also don't have sufficient packaging, only the massive box the case was delivered in, so being able to reuse the packaging the replacement case panel is sent in would clear up any "Insufficient packaging" woes!

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Re: Damaged Case :(

RMA usually operate like this, especailly on damage that could be caused by the customer, they are replaced once the the goods are shipped back and checked. Personally I'm amazed that you didn't notice damage if it's as deep as you say, is the protective film still in place?

Whether you use the machine or not is upto you.

Packaging wise you need to ensure that the goods are protected, so do what you need to.

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Demonwar View Post
    RMA usually operate like this, especailly on damage that could be caused by the customer, they are replaced once the the goods are shipped back and checked. Personally I'm amazed that you didn't notice damage if it's as deep as you say, is the protective film still in place?

Whether you use the machine or not is upto you.

Packaging wise you need to ensure that the goods are protected, so do what you need to.
    There was no protective film on the side panel IIRC, just covered the front, top & side window. Pretty easy not to notice the damage (It's a deep but small scratch) since the side panels were removed straight after the case was taken out of the box!

Just a little disappointed my request couldn't be accommodated having seen other cases resolved in a similar way, like I said I even offered to pay a deposit!

HEXUS.social member Disturbedguy's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Disturbedguy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Rog Strix Z370-H Gaming
      • CPU:
      • i7 8700K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair something or other
      • Storage:
      • 1 x Samsung 960 EVO (250GB) 1 x Samsung 850 EVO (500GB)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 1080Ti
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate
      • Monitor(s):
      • 32inch Samsung TV
      • Internet:
      • Crap

To be honest, I have never seen a situation where SCAN have cross shipped.

Also, is it not possible that the panel was damage due to where it was left after you had removed it?
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKTAK View Post
    It didn't fall off, it merely became insufficient at it's purpose and got a bit droopy...

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbedguy View Post
    To be honest, I have never seen a situation where SCAN have cross shipped.

Also, is it not possible that the panel was damage due to where it was left after you had removed it?
    I had a quick search on here and whilst it came up with some older threads, there were situations were replacements were sent out first (without the need for any upfront payment)

With regards to the side panel, they were carefully placed face down, on a duvet, on a bed! Hopefully no sharp objects there or I'd be in trouble too For what it's worth the case is white, so a deep scratch is much less obvious than if it was the black version.

Kendoka - Kendo For Life! IronWarrior's Avatar
    Thanks

Dan7, don't understand why your waifu doesn't feel safe with the side panel off, it's perfectly safe. She is not going to get fried or blown up with it off.

Registered+
    Thanks

....(some) Women Trust me I've tried convincing her!

Thanks
    • Willzzz's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte
      • CPU:
      • PSU:
      • FD Newton R3 600W
      • Case:
      • Corsair 350D

Place the PC so the missing panel is facing the wall/side of desk?

Pity you didn't both have the same size.

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Willzzz View Post
    Place the PC so the missing panel is facing the wall/side of desk?

Pity you didn't both have the same size.
    Still exposed to some extent, it's not going to sit flush! No reply from Scan, (though if I must be honest I wasn't going expecting much!) looking like I'll have take the hit and buy something similar to radiator enamel and just fill it in, hopefully it won't look too bad :/ Lesson learnt....buy these kind of things locally or in person (LAN! ) in future

Thanks
    • Lee H's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z370 Carbon Gaming
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 8700K Unlocked CPU
      • Memory:
      • 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 LPX
      • Storage:
      • 250GB 960 EVO + a few more drives
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 6GB Palit GTX 1060 Dual
      • PSU:
      • Antec Truepower 750W Modular Blue
      • Case:
      • Corsair 600T White Edition
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 PRO
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Asus MX279H & 24" Acer 3D GD245HQ + the 3D glasses
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media

I can see the OLQ linked to this invoice number and after checking it we've answered all the questions and an RMA has been created for the return of just the side panel on its own

At 11.24, Amanda confirmed via email that we cannot ship out the replacement before we've received the damaged one. Please can you check your spam folders as sometimes if replies are in quick succession, they can be ruled as spam.

Thread Information