Thread: Far Too Slow

Thanks

Angry Far Too Slow

Ordered motherboard, processor ans memory on the 27th August, order delivered on the 29th - all well and good.

I have a hard drive with windows installed but with NO active drivers (we modified the deployment system from the local university), this has always worked for XP through to windows 7. The deployment worked but the system would hang or BSOD frequently.

Took the PC apart and started testing the components, started with the PSU which was found to have a severe fluctuation on both the 5v and 12v rails so decided that was the problem and ordered a new PSU from Scan. I should have continued testing.

New PSU and system rebuilt again. Same problem. Tried to install Windows 7 from scratch - would not complete or if I managed to do so it would BSOD within minutes.

Went back to testing, eventually concluded the Mobo was faulty. Asked for asssitance from Scan on the 6th and was asked to return the full order, mobo, memeory, processor on the 8th - so far so good.

It took 4 days to get an RMA, then things slowed down...4 days to collect, a further 3 days and several emails to be informed they had it, TEN more days and further emails for the testing to be completed and another 3 before the replacement arrives.

The replacement has the same fault! Informed Scan of this after trying to install every OS I could lay my hands on. Further testing showed there is a fault with the SATA system. That was 8 days ago - no response. The mobo in question seems to be unavailable on the Scan site now.

So two months with a duff mobo and no satisfaction, what does the best online PC retailer have to say for itself?

Thanks

Re: Far Too Slow

Update
    Sent further email and filled in a second query....anyone from Scan wish to comment?

Scan Computers Technical/Returns Mark@SCAN's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Mark@SCAN's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS MAXIMUS VII GENE Z97
      • CPU:
      • i7 4790k @ 4.7ghz
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 2400MHz
      • Storage:
      • 1x 512GB Samsung SM951 NVME & 1x 4TB WD Caviar Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 980
      • PSU:
      • Silverstone SST-ST75F-G Strider 750w
      • Case:
      • SilverStone FT03B
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • DELL U2711H
      • Internet:
      • SKY Fibre Unlimited

Re: Far Too Slow

Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay in responding to your e-mail(s)

I have asked a member from our returns/technical team to generate an RMA number and provide instructions for the collection, return/testing of the motherboard in question.

Regards

Thread Information