Thread: RMA Asus Rampage IV Extreme 2 months ago

Thanks

Angry RMA Asus Rampage IV Extreme 2 months ago

Nearly 2 months ago I did RMA Asus Rampage IV Extreme motherboard to scan. I've been told that the one of the pins is bent so the warranty is voided.
    That did sound a bit strange to me because the first few days the computer was working perfectly, after about week all the trouble started.
    Every time I tried to turn the computer on, the motherboard was restarting itself a few times. After a couple of days I couldn't turn the computer on at all, that's why I did RMA.
    I also sent with it memory and cpu, just in case.
    After a few days was told that i did bend one of the cpu socket pin and the RMA is rejected.
    After a few emails I was offered by Scan "We do offer a service which we can send the motherboard off to ASUS to be repaired however there is a charge of £25+vat"
    I did agree on that, signed the form and emailed it back to Scan. A few days after (22/08/13) I've received confirmation that the motherboard was returned to supplier (ASUS).
    As I didn't hear anything from scan after 3 weeks I did send an email just to ask did ASUS fix the motherboard yet. Received just a short info that said "...we are chasing out suppliers for you"
    After another week I did made a phone call to RMA department and I was told a similar story that Scan will try to chase the supplier for me again. Also I was told that there is no guaranteed time frame as I did sign the form which says "... we will do this as quickly and as swiftly as we possibly can, however, no time frame can be guaranteed."
    A week after (28/09/13) I did send another email to scan and as I started being frustrated I did offer my help to chase the supplier for them/myself. I asked for some reference number so i could ring to ASUS myself and get some more information about my motherboard.
    And again i did receive just short info "Please accept this email as confirmation we shall chase the supplier once again and shall processed ASAP. I apologise if there was any delay in receiving this."
    I am really frustrated now. I have been a Scan customer for a long time but this situation really has put me off. I know i did sign the form but seriously didn't realize it will take so long.
    Two months ago I did spent lots of money to build a new PC and I can not even use it.
    I'm really getting sick of getting automated emails like "we will chase the supplier for you again". Can someone from Scan give me any more information, time frame or reference no from ASUS please as two months is way to long.
    Last edited by Mark@SCAN; 25-10-2013 at 05:22 PM.

Scan Computers Technical/Returns Mark@SCAN's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Mark@SCAN's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS MAXIMUS VII GENE Z97
      • CPU:
      • i7 4790k @ 4.7ghz
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 2400MHz
      • Storage:
      • 1x 512GB Samsung SM951 NVME & 1x 4TB WD Caviar Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 980
      • PSU:
      • Silverstone SST-ST75F-G Strider 750w
      • Case:
      • SilverStone FT03B
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • DELL U2711H
      • Internet:
      • SKY Fibre Unlimited

Re: RMA Asus Rampage IV Extreme 2 months ago

Hi,

Our supplier have confirmed that they are awaiting return of the board from ASUS to them, they have however confirmed the board has been repaired and is on it's way back.

Please understand the process is what causes the delay as we cannot return directly to ASUS in the Netherlands, it first has to go back to our supplier who forward it to ASUS and then the same back to SCAN, ASUS will not direct ship to SCAN it has to come to us through the supplier.

We will contact you as soon as we have confirmed receipt of the board from our supplier and it has been booked in.

Regards

Thanks

At last I did get some normal answer which didn't look like an automatic email.
    Thank You.
    I just hope it wont take another month to get the motherboard back. I think it shouldn't take more than a few days to be delivered from Netherlands (a while ago I ordered a monitor from Korea and it took just 3 days to be delivered).
    I think scan should make it clear in the beginning as the whole RMA process for ASUS products can take more than a few months which is very inconvenient.
    I will not be buying any ASUS products again.
    I'll post again when I'll receive my motherboard back (hopefully by the end of this month!).

Scan Computers Technical/Returns Mark@SCAN's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Mark@SCAN's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS MAXIMUS VII GENE Z97
      • CPU:
      • i7 4790k @ 4.7ghz
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 2400MHz
      • Storage:
      • 1x 512GB Samsung SM951 NVME & 1x 4TB WD Caviar Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 980
      • PSU:
      • Silverstone SST-ST75F-G Strider 750w
      • Case:
      • SilverStone FT03B
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • DELL U2711H
      • Internet:
      • SKY Fibre Unlimited

Hi,

According to DPD delivery of the replacement took place this morning.

Regards

Thread Information