Thread: RAM rejected due to bent pins A/C E-518939 order 00E2128709

Thanks

RAM rejected due to bent pins A/C E-518939 order 00E2128709

Hello

Just received your email stating my RMA has been rejected due to bent pins on the motherboard.

I find this surprising as I was able to get the system up & running and even partially install windows before the system started shutting down. I was also able to interrogate the BIOS and check there were no temperature issues.

Can you please send me a picture or let me know how many pins are affected, and if it is repairable

I have deep reservations about the new LGA style boards where the pins are on the motherboard rather than the CPU as I believe the consumer is not getting a fair deal from this.

If you take a look at my history with you guys you can see I have purchased the parts for several machines over the years and have never returned any parts to you until recently, which surely should assure you of my sincerity and should hopefully mean some sort of goodwill gesture from yourselves.

I have been frustrated by the whole process where I had no replies to my emails asking for an RMA number, which took a week to sort out, and not receiving my goods on time on the original order.

Regards

Steve C
    Last edited by Mark@SCAN; 31-12-2013 at 10:36 AM.

Scan Computers Technical/Returns Mark@SCAN's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Mark@SCAN's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS MAXIMUS VII GENE Z97
      • CPU:
      • i7 4790k @ 4.7ghz
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 2400MHz
      • Storage:
      • 1x 512GB Samsung SM951 NVME & 1x 4TB WD Caviar Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 980
      • PSU:
      • Silverstone SST-ST75F-G Strider 750w
      • Case:
      • SilverStone FT03B
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • DELL U2711H
      • Internet:
      • SKY Fibre Unlimited

Re: RAM rejected due to bent pins A/C E-518939 order 00E2128709

Hi Steve,

Please see below picture of the CPU socket on the returned motherboard:

It is possible that it would have powered/displayed however we are unable to know what problems the pins being bent could cause. Unfortunately ASRock do not offer a chargeable repair service.

Not sure what is meant by your comments about the LGA sockets and customers not getting a fair deal? how would it be better if the pins were on the CPU rather than the motherboard as in the majority of cases (yours included) the CPU is more expensive to replace than the motherboard.

Also it is not true to say we did not reply to your e-mails, your first contact with us about a problem was the 09/11/13 (a Saturday evening @ 20:00 which is out of hours) and we replied on the Monday within 4 hours of receipt of your reported fault. After which followed some dialogue back/forth to try and troubleshoot the problem which culminated in SCAN arrange to collect the board for testing.

We notified you on Tuesday via e-mail the returned RMA had been rejected and to contact us, you replied to this e-mail @ 17:47 (out of hours) asking us to call you to discuss, we attempted to call you on the mobile number provided yesterday however were unsuccessful in our attempts to reach you.

I appreciate there was a slight delay in the original order, this was a result of some items ordered being pre-order at the time the order was placed, our customer services team were in contact via e-mail about this and amended the pre-order item to an alternative that was in stock so the order could be completed.

Regards

Thread Information