Thread: Customer satisfaction.... yeah right

Thanks

Customer satisfaction.... yeah right

I ordered a Nexus 7 from scan and as was needed as soon as possible payed extra to have it delivered on Saturday, also this is the only day each week that I don't work so two birds - one stone. The Nexus arrived very promptly and I cant say enough about the great service provided by DPD, however when opened, fully charged and booted up it was clear that there was an issue with the screen. There are about 6 patches of the display which are much lighter than the rest and show up as white on a black background, the largest being approx 15mm - 10mm. This was about 18.00 so was unable to contact Scan directly but sent an email, having had no reply by midday today and seeing that i was away from my desk for the rest of the day decided to call to get the unit returned and a new one sent.
    I was told that the unit can only be collected mon-fri (which I, and Im sure most of the uk work) even though they can deliver on a Saturday, how can this be the case seeing that they use the same company that I payed a premium to in order to have the unit delivered two days ago!!!! Also once received they would take another 5 days to decide if a replacement was going to be sent, and then due to needing a Saturday delivery for the replacement could be another week before I receive it.

As they cant collect on a Saturday I am having to take the unit to the post office and get dispatched myself leaving myself another £5+ out of pocket and this isn't including the 3 - 4 weeks before i receive a replacement.

Please explain why Scan cant collect and delivery the replacement at the same time on a Saturday?

Surely it was Scan who supplied a faulty product, even though it isnt directly their fault that the unit was faulty, so why am I the one loosing out?

Customer Service!!! I think they need to work on their way to resolve issues, this is appalling. I know this isn't the most expensive product ordered but I wouldn't even dream of ordering anything else from these especially if I needed a working product with customer support.
    Last edited by Mark@SCAN; 21-01-2014 at 12:48 PM.

Scan Computers Technical/Returns Mark@SCAN's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Mark@SCAN's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS MAXIMUS VII GENE Z97
      • CPU:
      • i7 4790k @ 4.7ghz
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 2400MHz
      • Storage:
      • 1x 512GB Samsung SM951 NVME & 1x 4TB WD Caviar Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 980
      • PSU:
      • Silverstone SST-ST75F-G Strider 750w
      • Case:
      • SilverStone FT03B
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • DELL U2711H
      • Internet:
      • SKY Fibre Unlimited

Re: Customer satisfaction.... yeah right

Booga,

Firstly please accept our apologies for the faulty item you have received.

According to DPD the goods were delivered and signed for on Saturday morning at 10:45 this is within our Saturday opening hours, however we did not receive notification of a problem till Saturday evening after we have closed.

Unfortunately DPD do not collect on Saturday's this is a business decision made by DPD and not something SCAN have any control over, I would guess this decision was made by DPD to better manage resources and to prioritise Saturday deliveries as these would generally take preference over collections for the vast majority of customers.

Our turnaround is 3 - 5 working days, although not ideal I would consider this an acceptable time frame for replacement of a faulty mail order item. Not sure where the 3 - 4 weeks for replacement has come from?

Having checked the details of the conversation with the member of staff on returns with whom you spoke yesterday I can see we offered every conceivable option to collect and return the item to you in the shortest time frame including collection from your work address all of which were rejected.

I must also add that we offered to refund your out of pocket expenses to return the goods as we could not find a mutually agreeable date/address to collect the goods other than a Saturday. You can also take the goods to your local DPD branch if preferable?

Once again we apologise the item supplied is defective it is never a good start when something is faulty however I believe in this instance we have done everything in our power to resolve this issue with you.

Regards

3. Received thanks from:

Thanks

You are correct the delivery was made on Saturday morning but due to other commitments I was unable to immediately un-box and examine the product. Also I was giving the unit a full charge before first use, is this not standard for all equipment?

I am unable to have items collected from work due to it being a secure site with only a security gate available to public access where we are unable to receive personal collections or deliveries.

I will be posting the item back to yourself on my first available non working day which is Saturday 18th and I have been told to return it 2nd class recorded. I don't believe this will be with you until Tuesday 21st at the earliest, as you have said and as I was told by your customer service the turn around for a decision to be made will be 3-5 days which at the earliest will take us to Friday 24th, at the latest Tuesday 28th. As I will require a Saturday delivery once again this will mean all being well the unit could be delivered on Saturday 25th however if its not sent until the following week I wont receive it until Saturday 1st February.

Apologies on my original statement being 3-4 weeks but it will still be 2-3 weeks before I receive a replacement.

This is the reason I have asked for a full refund and will purchase a replacement from elsewhere and will have to remain out of pocket until you refund the payment.

Scan Computers Technical/Returns Mark@SCAN's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Mark@SCAN's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS MAXIMUS VII GENE Z97
      • CPU:
      • i7 4790k @ 4.7ghz
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 2400MHz
      • Storage:
      • 1x 512GB Samsung SM951 NVME & 1x 4TB WD Caviar Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 980
      • PSU:
      • Silverstone SST-ST75F-G Strider 750w
      • Case:
      • SilverStone FT03B
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • DELL U2711H
      • Internet:
      • SKY Fibre Unlimited

Hi,

Just to let you know the item was delivered, tested and confirmed to be faulty yesterday 20/01/14 and a full refund will now be processed.

Regards

Thanks

I received the refund but it was not to the full amount. the full unit price as stated on you're invoice was £115.43 however I only received a refund of £107.64.
    I sent an email regarding this yesterday but have still to receive a reply.

Thread Information