Thread: Furious at Scan RMA

Registered+
    Thanks

Furious at Scan RMA

I purchased a laptop from Scan 2 weeks ago and it arrived faulty.
    So I got them to collect it on Monday as the box was at different address (finance orders only sent to billing address).
    I called them Friday last week to ask them to put aside a replacement in order to avoid delays and I was told they had put one aside for me not to worry.
    Great I thought! So today Scan got my laptop back and checked it and got a email at around 4 saying they will be sending replacement out today.
    Then at 8pm I get email saying no stock left and lead date is 5th August when they will know when they will get more stock.
    So I got LIED to and now will have no laptop for work for god knows how long!

This is unacceptable, you should NEVER lie to customers.
    I have used Scan for years now but now if they dont fix this and get me a suitable laptop this week I will no longer shop with them.
    Last edited by Mark@SCAN; 15-08-2014 at 01:35 PM.

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Furious at Scan RMA

I'm pretty sure you don't want to hear this but, I doubt just because you create a RANT in the customer support forum that you'll some how get a laptop before SCAN even have any in stock. Also SCAN can't really just keep stock on hold for you before they even know that the one you sent has a genuine problem/Can't just be repaired.

On another hand, I do agree that they should not have told you that the item will be on hold even though it wont, that's unacceptable.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Extinc View Post
    I'm pretty sure you don't want to hear this but, I doubt just because you create a RANT in the customer support forum that you'll some how get a laptop before SCAN even have any in stock. Also SCAN can't really just keep stock on hold for you before they even know that the one you sent has a genuine problem/Can't just be repaired.

On another hand, I do agree that they should not have told you that the item will be on hold even though it wont, that's unacceptable.
    The laptop was brand new and I called them 2 days after I got it. There was a hardware problem in it and they told me on the phone even that it wont be repaired and I will get a new one as its considered "Dead on Arrival". Even before I got the laptop I had problem with this order but its nothing to do with the RMA so the problem is not just started with Scan,
    They do have the same laptop in stock but with a bundled headset which is the same price so can easily send me that as I have the right to change the item if its DOA. No retailer should ever promise to get out replacement to you within 4 days when they can check stock levels and see its low, if it is then they should have told me.

Thanks

Sorry logged into my old account by mistake.

Registered+
    Thanks

Just called RMA people and they said they will send the bundle instead. Lets hope they send it out today.
    If they do its all good.

Registered+
    Thanks

Looks like Scan made another mistake. The bundle deal is not there either as they have no laptops in stock only headset so it shows in stock. So I need to either pay more for another laptop which they won't offer anything discounted or get refund.

Thanks
    • Mick@SCAN's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC
      • CPU:
      • i5 4670k @ 4.7 Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
      • Storage:
      • 120GB Samsung 840 / 2TB Seagate SATA III ST2000DM001 / 120GB Vertex Plus
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 8GB MSI 290X
      • PSU:
      • Enermax Modular Infiniti 650Watt
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design ARC MIDI R2 Tower Case
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Iiyama ProLite G2773HS-2
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mb

nekromantik,

We of course first apologise for the faulty item, I can see the reason for delay was due to yourself working away, as such we were not able to collect the laptop for a week until you had the complete unit. The faulty laptop was then collected on the 28th and delivered to scan on the 29th. This was tested and the fault confirmed on the same day.

Unfortunately there was an error on our part and stock was not available to ship. We had advised you that we can process a full refund and a member of our returns team had then called you several times on the 30th advising you of this or that you could upgrade to another laptop, a member of our team then provided advice as to a suitable alternative for you.

I can see that a suitable resolution was then reached and a replacement laptop was dispatched accordingly.

Kind regards,

Thread Information