Thread: Pretty disappointed in the RMA process.

Thanks

Pretty disappointed in the RMA process.

I recently ordered 4 items from SCAN and had a pleasant experience with getting my items delivered to me quickly and in relatively good condition, the box had some minor/moderate damage but everything inside seemed to be okay.

The first thing I unboxed was my GPU I had purchased this to put in a build that was going to be a Christmas present, at first the GPU would not power on. No LED's, no fans, nada. The card eventually powered on through seemingly it's own choice so I quickly got on to some testing/bench-marking. The card (Gigabyte GTX 970 G1) was SEVERELY under performing in everything I threw at it. BF4 ran at barely 30fps, Shadow of Mordor's built in benchmark also gave me sub par results with a measly 36fps average. I decided the best course of action was to RMA the card, unfortunately this was late Sunday evening so I could not make a request until Monday. I phoned up and made the RMA request, it was authorized quickly and arranged to be collected on Thursday along with the second item that I had purchased, a monitor. The monitor had come with two very tiny scratches on the bottom right side, at first I thought it was damage to the external plastic but I was unfortunately proven wrong when I removed it. I then sent some photos of the damage and that was organised quickly with no problems.

I used UPS's parcel tracker to find out that my items had been received at 1:26PM on the Friday, I found it strange that I had not received a conformation email saying that my package has arrived but ignored it as I was sure my items would be tested Friday/Saturday and I would receive some information as to their status and if a replacement/refund was due.

I heard nothing all weekend and Monday, after getting impatient I phoned this morning and discovered my items were still not tested and were scheduled to be tested tomorrow. I was pretty shocked by this and was not given a reason as to why they were delayed. I was also disappointed to discover that it was highly unlikely that my items would be delivered before Christmas as well, this was very upsetting as these components were set to be Christmas gifts.

So far I'm pretty upset with SCAN as they haven't really seemed to care at all about me or my level of satisfaction. I was not communicated with at all after the initial RMA authorization and a couple of emails I sent about my components were seemingly ignored.

This was my first time purchasing anything from SCAN as I'm often very weary about buying anything outside of Amazon and other large retailers. But had heard good things from multiple people in regards to their speed and efficiency, but so far I'm not seeing any of that.
    Last edited by Mark@SCAN; 02-01-2015 at 11:04 AM.

Scan Computers Technical/Returns Mark@SCAN's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Mark@SCAN's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS MAXIMUS VII GENE Z97
      • CPU:
      • i7 4790k @ 4.7ghz
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 2400MHz
      • Storage:
      • 1x 512GB Samsung SM951 NVME & 1x 4TB WD Caviar Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 980
      • PSU:
      • Silverstone SST-ST75F-G Strider 750w
      • Case:
      • SilverStone FT03B
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • DELL U2711H
      • Internet:
      • SKY Fibre Unlimited

Re: Pretty disappointed in the RMA process.

I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy.

Can you please provide either your invoice number or RMA number so that I can investigate your complaint.

Regards

Thanks

Hi there Mark, thanks for the swift reply. My RMA number is 347039.

Scan Computers Technical/Returns Mark@SCAN's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Mark@SCAN's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS MAXIMUS VII GENE Z97
      • CPU:
      • i7 4790k @ 4.7ghz
      • Memory:
      • Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 2400MHz
      • Storage:
      • 1x 512GB Samsung SM951 NVME & 1x 4TB WD Caviar Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 980
      • PSU:
      • Silverstone SST-ST75F-G Strider 750w
      • Case:
      • SilverStone FT03B
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • DELL U2711H
      • Internet:
      • SKY Fibre Unlimited

Hi,

Both the monitor and the graphics card were booked in yesterday the 23rd, I appreciate the goods may have been here physically prior to this date however yesterday was when they were processed by our returns department.

The monitor has been tested, however due to the nature of the reported fault with the card it will require further testing which I am afraid will not be complete before early next week due to the Christmas holiday's over the next couple of days.

We apologise for the delay and any inconvenience caused as a result of the problems with these parts.

Regards

Thanks

Early next week? that is a shame, thanks for the reply though. Well, I hope everyone at SCAN has a Merry Christmas!

Thread Information