Thread: Please review replacement policy

Thanks

Please review replacement policy

I have purchased items from Scan with confidence in the past and up until now I have not had a problem.

After placing an order for a pair of headphones they arrived today with the seel peeled back on both the outer and inner packaging and visible damage to both the travel case and headphones themselves.

After notifying the returns department and providing images of the above issues, I was told I must return the items for inspection before I will receive a replacement pair. This process can take up to seven working days.

Please can you look into streamlining this process as I feel, as a customer, I should not be forced to wait up to seven days because of a QA oversight within your company. I also do not appreciate being asked to return the items via a UPS drop off point as this is extremely inconvenient.

This item was a gift for a family member and it is hard not to lose confidence and trust in a company in situations such as these. Whilst not only being extremely inconvenient for the customer e.g. receiving opened goods/photos/drop off points/replacement delay, the item will now not be arriving on time for Birthday.

Please look into next day delivery for replacement/collections as this will rectify the problem efficiently whilst maintaining customer trust.

Thanks

Will
    Last edited by Mark@SCAN; 09-02-2015 at 11:27 AM.

Thanks
    • Mick@SCAN's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC
      • CPU:
      • i5 4670k @ 4.7 Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
      • Storage:
      • 120GB Samsung 840 / 2TB Seagate SATA III ST2000DM001 / 120GB Vertex Plus
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 8GB MSI 290X
      • PSU:
      • Enermax Modular Infiniti 650Watt
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design ARC MIDI R2 Tower Case
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Iiyama ProLite G2773HS-2
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mb

Re: Please review replacement policy

wgards8,

I am sorry to hear that you received a faulty item, Scan's policy has always been to arrange return of the faulty goods and once checked and verified the replacement will then be dispatched, if we were to make an exception in this case then we would have to offer this service to every customer.

I understand that on this occasion Scan has arranged a DPD collection, however we have found that the majority of our customers prefer to use the UPS drop off facility as they do not need to wait at home for the courier to arrive.

Please be assured that your RMA will be processed as quickly as possible.

Kind regards,

Thanks

Re: Please review replacement policy

Hi Mick,

Apologies if my post gave the impression that I am expecting to achieve preferential treatment as a result of this post. This is not my aim.

I fully understand that as a company safeguards have to be put into place when dealing with returns, but this often leaves a negative impression on those that have received defective/not as described goods.

Most companies I deal with have a drop off/collect service in situations where they are at fault as they are keen to rectify the issue swiftly to avoid any further inconvenience for the customer.

So to summarise, yes I would like to see this offered to every customer in these circumstances.

Regards

Will
    Last edited by wgards8; 14-01-2015 at 05:22 PM.

Thread Information