Thread: Hexus Free Carriage Query

Thanks

Hexus Free Carriage Query

I placed an order 2 days ago on the website and it came to about £18 as I needed a couple of small items. I knew about the £20 minimum order to get free shipping but couldn't figure out how to change the shipping to normal to see how much it was and if it was worth paying for shipping or order a couple of more goods. I then get a phone call off scan saying that I didn't qualify for the free shipping in which I replied there wasn't an option to take it off so I put the order through. I was told by Scan that I should open another account one for free shipping and one without. I find this shoddy to say the least that I'm asked to open another account. There should either be an option to choose free delivery or the system automatically detects and adjusts the free shipping. I was also told I should of rang my order in. Well I was at work and it was quicker to place it online through my account.

Whilst I'm appreciative of the offer of free shipping this has really cheesed me off as I spend a lot of money with Scan and very rarely go elsewhere to buy goods but lately Scan have been poor in their service and now I was put on the spot and asked to ammend my order or cancel. I now have to either reorder and have it put back 2 days or go elsewhere. Overall I'm not best please with Scan taking into account the money I have spent with Scan and will do (at the momment I'm not too sure) in the future.

Thanks
    I do agree the system should detect whether or not the order is over £20 and if it isnt charge delivery automatically.

Saying that they have asked customers to ring in orders when they are not over £20. See: http://forums.hexus.net/showthread.php?t=72583

Nickp.
    ::NZXT Rogue Case + Scythe Kaze Maru 140mm Fans | Scythe Kaze Master Ace Fan Controller | NorthQ Siberian Tiger Liquid Cooling | Enermax Liberty 400W PSU | Gigabyte GA-G33M-S2L | Intel C2Q Q9450 | 4GB Apogee GT PC2-8500 DDR2 | Gigabyte ATI Radeon 1GB HD4850 Passive | 2TB Western Digital Caviar Black SATA | Pioneer DVR-216DBK SATA | Win 7 Home Premium | HP w2207 LCD | 1TB QNAP TS-119 Turbo NAS |
    ::Acer Aspire One Netbook + Carbon Fibre Skin | Intel Atom 1.6GHz | 1.5GB RAM | 8GB SSD | 16GB Class6 SDHC | Windows XP SP3 | 3 Mobile Broadband | 9 Cell Battery |
    ::HP Touchpad White | 1.5GHz | 64GB | webOS 3.2 |CyanogenMod 9 Android ICS |
    ::Shuttle SZ77R5 | Intel Core i5 3470s | 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz | Samsung 256GB 830 Series SSD | 2TB Western Digital Caviar Black SATA | Pioneer DVR-216DBK SATA | Win 8 Pro |

Thanks
    slypie

I knew about the £20 minimum order to get free shipping but couldn't figure out how to change the shipping to normal to see how much it was and if it was worth paying for shipping or order a couple of more goods
    Reference to your recent order, which you have placed with Hexus free carriage, Due to the value of the order being under £ 20.00 + Vat you are not entitled to free carriage.

To clarify JIT called you to ask if you to confirm that you unfortunately are not entitled to the free carriage and if you wanted to amend the order or add the carriage charge, you were then transfered to Carl H you again gave the options again to either amend the order or add carriage to the order, which you declined to accept...

The option of creating a new account was in response to your question asking what you should do for future orders....

The rule are CLEAR, which you have read & accepted before signing up to the incentive

Your order has been cancelled and a refund processed back to your account.

Please visit the link below to view the rules on placing order's with free carriage.

http://forums.hexus.net/showthread.php?t=72583

If you would like to re-place the order please contact our sales dept on - 0870 755 4747 so carriage can be added.

We have not let you down here ....

For future reference our system will be changed shortly so you have the option to add carriage for order's under £ 20.00 Ex Vat...

Everything as stated above was confirmed by JIT and Carl H today over the phone, when we contacted you.

The Rules are the same for every one dude ! ....

Regards
    Last edited by Carlh; 25-07-2007 at 11:27 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
    slypie

Reference to your recent order, which you have placed with Hexus free carriage, Due to the value of the order being under £ 20.00 + Vat you are not entitled to free carriage.

To clarify JIT called you to ask if you to confirm that you unfortunately are not entitled to the free carriage and if you wanted to amend the order or add the carriage charge, you were then transfered to Carl H you again gave the options again to either amend the order or add carriage to the order, which you declined to accept...

The option of creating a new account was in response to your question asking what you should do for future orders....

The rule are CLEAR, which you have read & accepted before signing up to the incentive

Your order has been cancelled and a refund processed back to your account.

Please visit the link below to view the rules on placing order's with free carriage.

http://forums.hexus.net/showthread.php?t=72583

If you would like to re-place the order please contact our sales dept on - 0870 755 4747 so carriage can be added.

We have not let you down here ....

For future reference our system will be changed shortly so you have the option to add carriage for order's under £ 20.00 Ex Vat...

Everything as stated above was confirmed by JIT and Carl H today over the phone, when we contacted you.

The Rules are the same for every one dude ! ....

Regards
    Yes I have been let down by Scan. I was called during work when I was busy sorting a server out. Would you like me to drop everything and run to the nearest PC to add to my order. I'm sorry but also asking me to create a new account is unacceptable, what next will I have to create another account to buy something on the Today Only list and one for different delivery addresses. I know the rule is clear but you need to sort out a system to apply shipping charges automatically. I find it hard to understand that Scan can't implement this on their website as other companies do. Also there are times when ringing up isn't always an option. This is Scan's messup not mine and I'm the one who has been screwed with my order being cancelled. Nice one Scan...

Thanks
    Slypie,

The rules are clearly shown in the thread that we have quoted above.

As the order didnt meet the requirements in the rules post I fail to seee how this is our mess up as we have always had the same requirements for all orders with free carriage.

As I advised over the phone the system WILL accept the order however as other Hexus customers will testify before the order is picked if the order is under £20 Exc Vat then an email will be sent advising of the options available.

The rules are clear and easy to follow and we only have a handful of orders below the requirements.

Also it might be worth reading the following points in the rules outlined by Hexus:

Placing an order for less than £20 EXCLUDING VAT will result in the order being refused by Scan and your HEXUS.net post count being reset to zero.

Placing orders with Scan whilst you have not maintained an active part of the HEXUS community may result in your post count being reset to zero.

Repeated abuse of the Scan shipping offer may result in your ability to use the service being revoked, even if you have a qualifying post count.

Regards,
    Last edited by Carlh; 25-07-2007 at 01:06 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
    Hopefully we should get some info on this either today or tomorrow.

Thanks
    Unfortunately we would be unaware of your activities before calling, to be honest usually your order would just be cancelled and an e-mail sent, however we pro-actively called you to try and prevent the inconvenience of you having to replace the order... This was our intention anyway

Your order would have been amended by Carl H on the phone, not requiring you to do anything or of course we could have contacted you at a more convenient time...

As requested the order has been cancelled

As already stated the option to add carriage for under £ 20.00 Ex VAT is on the way..

AGAIN - THE RULES ARE CLEAR ... It can be no surprise that your order was cancelled especially as you are already aware of the rules before placing the order, knowingly placing an order, which was not £ 20.00 Ex Vat , you have seen the rules and agreed to the rules before placing the order.

It is not feasible to allow orders to be shipped with free carriage under £ 20.00 Ex Vat and - Why should we !

The rules are the same for everyone

Regards

Best Regards
    Last edited by Chris P; 25-07-2007 at 12:21 PM.

Thread Information