• 2GB Corsair Value
      • Storage:
      • 120GB Sata, 60GB IDE
      • Graphics card(s):
      • X800GTO
      • PSU:
      • Hiper Modular 580W
      • Case:
      • Huge Green Metal Thing - God knows the name!
      • Monitor(s):
      • 17" CRT
      • Internet:
      • Upto (sigh) 8gb with BT

Returning my Logitech G5

My logitech G5 just died yesterday, dodgy cabling it is, basicly, device manager still knows its there, and the lights very occasionally light up, as soon as the mouse is moved, it turns off, leave it another few minutes they go on again, move it, and it dies!

Checked the Scan website for warranty info, found that i have to do returns to Logitech since its been over 12 months (bought 16/1/2006). Phoned them up, explained everything to them, i then told them about Scans site saying if its been over 12 months, they must deal with it. They basicly told me to go away and contact you saying they need a reason from you why you wont replace it after 12 months. Asked for me to get the name of whoever i speak to, some way of contact, and some sort of reference number or whatever.

I was going to phone scan up but thought id post here and see what the story is.

They gave me a reference number to quote to you guys aswell if needed. Can post/pm model number, PID, part number etc if needed.

Thanks

Needs new monitor / speakers / headphones / keyboard.
    Before that i need money :s

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Returning my Logitech G5

The answer to this question is already listed on the website warranty information:

Why the point of purchase (dealer) would not exchange ***Scan does not cover retail warranty after 12 months***

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan_Mon View Post
    My logitech G5 just died yesterday, dodgy cabling it is, basicly, device manager still knows its there, and the lights very occasionally light up, as soon as the mouse is moved, it turns off, leave it another few minutes they go on again, move it, and it dies!

Checked the Scan website for warranty info, found that i have to do returns to Logitech since its been over 12 months (bought 16/1/2006). Phoned them up, explained everything to them, i then told them about Scans site saying if its been over 12 months, they must deal with it. They basicly told me to go away and contact you saying they need a reason from you why you wont replace it after 12 months. Asked for me to get the name of whoever i speak to, some way of contact, and some sort of reference number or whatever.

I was going to phone scan up but thought id post here and see what the story is.

They gave me a reference number to quote to you guys aswell if needed. Can post/pm model number, PID, part number etc if needed.

Thanks
    That is normal for Logitech, they will replace it no problem, MX1000 died twice the same was said each time but they sorted it.
    I think they just try to pass the buck to the dealers.

Admin (Ret'd)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sammie377 View Post
    That is normal for Logitech, they will replace it no problem, MX1000 died twice the same was said each time but they sorted it.
    I think they just try to pass the buck to the dealers.
    It's common for the warranty to be one of the differences between full retail and OEM products, with warranty/support being handled by the seller being a large part of the reason why manufacturers sell OEM versions at much lower prices. Implicit in that is that if you choose to buy an OEM product, thereby making a saving up-front, you won't get the extent of cover you would with the full retail. It's a trade-off.

If I remember correctly, Logitech offer 3 year warranty on retail product, but the OEM warranty may well not be as generous, and the version Scan sell seems to be OEM .... and clearly marked as such.

Thread Information