View Poll Results: Was your order due for dispatch on Tuesday 20th delivered on time?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Orders estimated for dispatch on Tuesday 20th received on Wednesday 21st.

2 100.00%
  • Orders estimated for dispatch on Tuesday 20th delayed due to "volumes in warehouse" problems.

0 0%
  • Orders estimated for dispatch on Tuesday 20th delayed due to stock issues.

0 0%

Thread: Snap Poll - Orders due for Delivery on Wed 21st Delayed Due to Warehouse Volumes

Registered+
    Thanks

Snap Poll - Orders due for Delivery on Wed 21st Delayed Due to Warehouse Volumes

Hi

I've posted elsewhere on my disappointment with delayed deliveries from Scan. Some people have come back to me and said that many people get there items on time but we only hear of the problems in the forum. I'd be interested to know how many orders that were that were due for dispatch on Tuesday 20th and delivery on Wednesday 21st were delivered on time or delayed. I'm only really interested in orders that were delivered on time or delayed "due to unexpected volumes in our warehouse" but for completeness I've included an option for orders delayed due to stock problems.

Thanks for looking or participating - Andy
    Last edited by &roo; 21-11-2007 at 02:59 PM.

Thanks
    • Rishi's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5B
      • CPU:
      • Intel E6600 2.4Ghz
      • Memory:
      • Corsair 2GB - PC6400
      • Storage:
      • 1 x 250GB Maxtor 16MB Cache
      • Graphics card(s):
      • None :(
      • PSU:
      • hmmm :/
      • Case:
      • Black - Standard
      • Monitor(s):
      • 19" TFT 8ms
      • Internet:
      • Orange (I think!)

Re: Snap Poll - Orders due for Delivery on Wed 21st Delayed Due to Warehouse Volumes

I think Scan know about the problems customers are having and they are trying their hardest to put them right. The fact you say "I'm only really interested in orders that were delayed "due to unexpected volumes in our warehouse"" says it all.
    .: Rishi :.

Thanks

Re: Snap Poll - Orders due for Delivery on Wed 21st Delayed Due to Warehouse Volumes

&roo

Sorry but this poll is pointless, you are asking customer's to confirm if their order was delayed, but not if the order shipped on-time so this is biased and unfair.

Please amend the Poll to give fair options or I will remove it

You have 5 minutes

Regards

Thanks
    • Lucio's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P
      • CPU:
      • AMD FX-6350 with Cooler Master Seldon 240
      • Memory:
      • 2x4GB Corsair DDR3 Vengeance
      • Storage:
      • 128GB Toshiba, 2.5" SSD, 1TB WD Blue WD10EZEX, 500GB Seagate Baracuda 7200.11
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire R9 270X 4GB
      • PSU:
      • 600W Silverstone Strider SST-ST60F
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF XB
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 64Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 2032BW, 1680 x 1050
      • Internet:
      • 16Mb Plusnet

Not to mention it's a bad sampling technique, you're picking responses from people who are likely to have visisted the forums for the purposes of resolving customer care issues. Therefore it's highly likely that their order, was indeed delayed

Thanks

&roo

What is your point here?

are you really nieve enough to think the majority of orders come from hexus and this poll will give you an acurate idea of delayed orders? Or are you just trying to make a point to which you are only suceeding to make yourself look foolish?

Error exists between Keyboard & Chair replace User and press Any Key!

.... Where's the Any Key???

Thanks
    • danroyle's system
      • Motherboard:
      • N/A
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core I7 4720HQ
      • Memory:
      • 8GB
      • Storage:
      • 128GB SSD +1tb HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Geforce Gtx960m
      • PSU:
      • N/A
      • Case:
      • N/A
      • Operating System:
      • WINDOWS 10 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 15.6" IPS
      • Internet:
      • BT Fibre

i vote for my last order was despatched on time

gotta love scan sometimes

Thanks
    • Dreaming's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit IP35 Pro
      • CPU:
      • e6300 @ 2.8ghz
      • Memory:
      • 4gb Corsair XMS2 PC6400
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Western Digital for OS + 1500GB Seagate for Storage
      • Graphics card(s):
      • BFG 8800GTS OC2 320MB
      • PSU:
      • Antec Neo HE 550
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC A05B
      • Operating System:
      • Windows Vista Home Premium x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 22" 226BW
      • Internet:
      • NTL 4Mb/s

Quote Originally Posted by Paulm@scan View Post
    &roo

What is your point here?

are you really nieve enough to think the majority of orders come from hexus and this poll will give you an acurate idea of delayed orders? Or are you just trying to make a point to which you are only suceeding to make yourself look foolish?
    Paul just out of curiosity what kind of proportion of Scan's orders do come through hexus? And bit-tech too?

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
    &roo

Sorry but this poll is pointless, you are asking customer's to confirm if their order was delayed, but not if the order shipped on-time so this is biased and unfair.

Please amend the Poll to give fair options or I will remove it

You have 5 minutes

Regards
    I am confused by your response? The first option allows people to confirm that their order was delivered on time.

Andy

Thanks

True but still not a fair indication of order's placed shipped / delayed as a whole... We cant easily post figures order order coming through Hexus and BIT-TECH so this information can't be posted.
    Last edited by Chris P; 21-11-2007 at 02:53 PM.

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
    True but still not a fair indication of order's placed shipped / delayed as a whole...
    Well maybe you'd like to tell us what the actual figures were.

Andy

Thanks

&roo

Sorry but this information is for internal purposes only and we cannot release the information into a public forum for various reasons.

12. Received thanks from:

Carlh (21-11-2007),Mossy (21-11-2007)

Thanks

Hi &roo,

Can I just ask what the purpose of the poll is? Do you feel that you've been unfairly treated by SCAN in some way? Is this some oblique way of trying to embarrass SCAN or something?

If you have a problem, surely it'd be far more sensible and productive to just raise the issue in the way everyone else does, by posting a query in here.

SCAN are under absolutely no obligation to supply you with figures of any sort that aren't immediately relevant to your order.

Frankly, this thread is not helping you in the slightest and if it were me working at SCAN I would not be at all inclined to try and expedite your order.

There are sensible and reasonable ways to go about filing a complaint which, as is crystal clear from this forum, SCAN often go our of their way to publicly resolve issues their customers have in as timely manner as possible... you'll not find many retailers that do this.

I suggest you think about what you're trying to achieve here, because it's serving no purpose and certainly won't get a delayed order sent to you any quicker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dareos View Post
    "OH OOOOHH oOOHHHHHHHOOHHHHHHH FILL ME WITH YOUR.... eeww not the stuff from the lab"

14. Received thanks from:

Blitzen (21-11-2007),Carlh (21-11-2007),Chris P (22-11-2007),DavidM (21-11-2007)

Thanks

I got my last order bang on time, but I gave an extra day from order (dont know if it makes a difference?) to give them more time to get that bubblewrap on

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Hi &roo,

Can I just ask what the purpose of the poll is?
    I'm trying to ascetain how widespread the problen is having had 2 orders delayed in as many weeks due to the "volumes in warehouse" problems. It's all part of me trying to decide whether I should continue using Scan. I've already had to cancel my order this week because there will be no one in if/when the delayed order was to be delivered tomorow.

Andy

Thanks

&roo

Thank you for the concern, but we are aware of the issues - There is not much more that can be said as everything has been covered in my post earlier. If you have not read it, take the time to read it as it explains everything

http://forums.hexus.net/1269560-post16.html

We will update the sticky shortly showing the progress we have made so far as requested

Thread closed

Regards
    Last edited by Chris P; 21-11-2007 at 03:40 PM.

Thread Information