Thread: Refund

Thanks

Thumbs down Refund

I returned a item I did not use on RMA*EDITED*, I purchased this item on a card that has now expired in October, Scan got the item on: Received date 02/11/2007.
    I have e-mailed scan 6 times been on the phone for hours and must have called customer support,returns and accounts department at least 10 times, all the time I am just bounced around from one place to another,I was told to contact the bank as it ws there fault, so I did the bank checked the card no refund, the bank also said it is impossable to refund a debit card once cancelled, scan made me check this twice with the bank, and suprise suprise the same result.
    Anyway after phoning up again and speaking to someone different again they said it had been sent for refund but the transaction had never completed which is what the bank siad, they need to check with there card merchant.
    Well on the 22 of nov they said they would contact me, so I waited until Friday 30th of Nov no contact they have me e-mail address my home phone number and my mobile number, this time I spoke to someone from accounts and they point blank said it was not there problem and was unprepared to do anything more saying yet again the bank is at fault.
    So back on the phone to the bank, they checked all the card details again and confirmed no such money has been pain into my account, the lady gave me her number and said scan can phone anytime to speak to her to confirm all these details............still waiting !!!!!!! dont know what there excuse is going to be now ?

a very unhappy customer, needless to say I just spent £600 on a new nas box and drives and guess what is was not with Scan.
    Last edited by Chris P; 03-12-2007 at 11:35 AM.

Thanks
    • Robert's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P6X58D Premium
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 920
      • Memory:
      • Corsair 12GB Dominator 1600Mhz
      • Storage:
      • 10TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia GTX 480
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX1200
      • Case:
      • Corsair 800D
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 HP Retail
      • Monitor(s):
      • Eizo SW110W+
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 100Mb

Refund

I wouldn't accuse them of lying mate.
    Last edited by Chris P; 03-12-2007 at 11:19 AM.

Thanks

Refund

melly

I will start off first of all by politely asking you not to call us " liars " ... I have already amended your post as I will explain below this is not the case, we have not lied to you.

1) RMA requested by email on 29/10/07 09:49:51
    2) RMA confirmed by reply on 29/10/07 09:46:33
    3) Product sent to Scan as confirmed by you by e-mail on 31/10/07 20:33:04
    4) Item tested as NFF Refund authorised
    5) Refund completed 07/Nov/2007 - 13:02

To re-iterate the information our accounts dept has already provided to you, your refund was processed on the 7th November @ 13.02. We have sent proof to you already by e-mail that this refund has been processed. I understand your debit card has now been cancelled and you have been issued with a new card. This means no further TRANSACTIONS can be processed from the old card, but REFUNDS can still be processed back onto a cancelled Credit / Debit card. If you bank has advised you otherwise then you have been mis-informed and I would expect a Bank to know this.

I understand the refund has not yet shown in your account, your bank is correct in telling you this. The reason why the refund is not yet showing in your account is NOT because the refund has not been processed as we have proof that it was on the 7th and has been accepted. When a refund is processed the requested is passed to a Credit Card merchant processing Company, this company has been having problems with all refund processed within a certain time period on the 7th November - This is the reason why your refund is not showing in your account

I am afraid there is little more at Scan we can do for you as this issue is with the Banks and not with Scan. I would also expect your Bank to be aware of this as this issue and should have advised you of this already. As soon as the merchant processing company resolves the issue they have your refund will show back into your account.

I have looked into this issue in detail and the conclusion is that the RMA process was completed swiftly as outlined above and the refund processed as soon as possible. We have provided the proof you need to show Scan processed this refund on the 7th November and explained the reason why this refund is not showing in your account. The issue the merchant Bank has is unfortunate but beyond Scan’s control

I am not trying to make excuses here, I am just stating the facts, I sympathise with your situation but there is nothing more we can do, which has not already been done.

I will continue to liaise with the Accounts dept and inform you as soon as the merchant processing company has resolved their issue.

Best Regards
    Last edited by Chris P; 03-12-2007 at 11:25 AM.

Thread Information