• Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 27" U2715H & Gigabyte M27Q
      • Internet:
      • 1Gbe

My Recent Experience With Scan

Hey guys,

I placed an order last week for just over £700 worth of equipment. Towards the end of the week when it was meant to be shipped there was some problems. The items i had ordered that were in stock when i ordered them had went out of stock when my order was to be picked which has happened to alot of orders.

Now this is where the brilliant customer service comes in. Paul tried to get in contact with me on the friday (the day my order was to be shipped for saturday) only i was on my way home from uni. He then kept trying to ring me on various numbers and emails to finally get through at 17.25pm which is five minutes before he went home, just so he could sort my order out and it could be shipped. Now thats what i called service. He rang all the different contact numbers i had including my email and in the end got me on my mobile. And i have to say he is a very friendly guy too. So here i would like to that Paul for the time he gave to my order so that it would be shipped. I greatly appreciate it. Along with Dawn at customer services, who was very helpful also.

However the order again went a bit wrong when it got in the hands of citylink. Basically they delivered part of my order on saturday, not all of it which is what i paid them to do. David then sorted that out and it came yesterday. So here i would like to thank David for his patience and effort on my behalf.

I am now in the process of trying to get some sort of refund on delivery. I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of scan for there help. I read in these threads everyday about the problems people are having with there orders and how they judge a company by these problems. But here i tell you not to. You should look at how the company deals with you during these problems and tries to resolve them. When you look at it that way you will see this company is A* and worth every penny you spend.

So again Thank You Scan. I will be back as arnie says

Neon (Mark)
    Home Entertainment =Epson TW9400, Denon AVRX6300H, Panasonic DPUB450EBK 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray and Monitor Audio Silver RX 7.0, Monitor Audio CT265IDC(x4) Dolby Atmos and XTZ 12.17 Sub - (Config 7.1.4)
    My System=Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 Wi-Fi, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Patriot 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz, 1TB WD_Black SN770, 1TB Koxia nvme, MSI RTX4070Ti Gaming X TRIO, Enermax Supernova G6 850W, Lian LI Lancool 3, 2x QHD 27in Monitors. Denon AVR1700H & Wharfedale DX-2 5.1 Sound
    Home Server 2/HTPC - Ryzen 5 3600, Asus Strix B450, 16GB Ram, EVGA GT1030 SC, 2x 2TB Cruscial SSD, Corsair TX550, Plex Server & Nvidia Shield Pro 4K
    Diskstation/HTPC - Synology DS1821+ 16GB Ram - 10Gbe NIC with 45TB & Synology DS1821+ 8GB Ram - 10Gbe NIC with 14TB & Synology DS920+ 9TB
    Portable=Microsoft Surface Pro 4, Huawei M5 10" & HP Omen 15 laptop

2. Received thanks from:

Chris P (04-12-2007),Saracen (04-12-2007)

Thanks

Re: My Recent Experience With Scan

neonplanet40

Thanks for the feedback dude .. we really appreciate the time you have taken to post these great comments and I will certainly pass your comments through to Paul and Dawn for you..

Merry Christmas

PM Sent

Admin (Ret'd)
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by neonplanet40 View Post
    .... I read in these threads everyday about the problems people are having with there orders and how they judge a company by these problems. But here i tell you not to. You should look at how the company deals with you during these problems and tries to resolve them. When you look at it that way you will see this company is A* and worth every penny you spend.
    We do indeed often read about complaints. But I'd add two things. Firstly, if a company handles a million orders a year, 0.1% problems implies 1000 problems, but 999,000 non-problems. Secondly, a FAR higher percentage of people with problems will loudly voice them than the percentage of happy customers that say thanks, as you have, so 1000 problems generates a disproportionately high posting level compared to happy customers. We tend, with some justification, to take good service for granted. Of course, each complaint needs to be taken seriously because it's highly annoying if you're the one with the problem, but when looking at the level of complaints, it also needs to be kept in perspective.

So when looking at dozens of complaints, it has to be taken in the context of how many non-complaints there are, and the critical thing then becomes how that complaint is handled, and resolved. That Scan are prepared to handle so many complaints out in the open in a public forum speaks well of them as many companies won't do so, and the percentage of complaints that turn into satisfactory resolutions also seems to be extremely high. Nothing's perfect, but Scan certainly seem to care more than many.

Good post, neonplanet.

5. Received thanks from:

Chris P (04-12-2007)

Thanks

Saracen

The most sense I have heard for a while and completely correct

Thanks
    • Giraffe's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 5675C, S 1150, Broadwell, Quad Core, 3.1GHz, 3.6GHz Turbo
      • Memory:
      • Crucial Ballistix DDR3 1600, 4GB
      • Storage:
      • 512GB Samsung SSD, 850 Pro, SATA 3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Integrated
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic S12G 450W 80+ Gold
      • Case:
      • Antec P100
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Pro, 32-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2415, 24", 16:10
      • Internet:
      • TP-Link modem-router; 3mbps sync.

Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    We do indeed often read about complaints. But I'd add two things. Firstly, if a company handles a million orders a year, 0.1% problems implies 1000 problems, but 999,000 non-problems.
    Large snip; I agree with all of your post.

The percentages are often mentioned, in all sorts of thing, but, to 1 person placing 1 order it's 100%! Basically, human beings [not in a community] don't care what happens to t'other chap.
    If there were only 1 problem a year it'd have the same effect on that 1 person!

I get the overall feeling that there are 2 sides to this:

Despatch/delivery cocked up - can happen to any company of course

Lack of/conflicting information. It's this latter point that Scan should urgently address.

When one is told that items are in stock, then they aren't, then [automated?] e-mails are too late to be of use, people lose trust.
    Most customers will accept cock-ups as part of life, but the slightest feeling of 'betrayal' causes, as we see in this forum, some 'interesting' reactions.
    PeterC

Political lubricant:

Rocket WMD45

Thread Information