Thread: Zalman Reserator XT - Missing Parts

Thanks

Zalman Reserator XT - Missing Parts

I ordered a Zalman Reserator XT from yourselves at the beginning of November and was waiting to get a new case before I installed it. I finally got my new case and started to install the Reserator on Thursday night.

About halfway through the installation after I had installed the CPU and GPU blocks I noticed that the I/O bracket was missing, as well as the degassing tube.

I have emailed customer services but haven't had a response yet and I'm eager to get these parts asap so I can finish my build.

Please can you look into this for me?
    Last edited by GFiSH; 10-12-2007 at 10:40 AM.

Thanks

Re: Zalman Reserator XT - Missing Parts

BUMP

Any idea what's happening with this? I spoke to a member of your customer services team this morning and was told that this had been assigned to someone. She assured me I would be contacted about this today but I'm yet to receive and email or phone call.

Thanks
    • RRRuss's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5B-Premium Vista Edition
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core2Duo E6600 @ 2.7GHz
      • Memory:
      • 4GB Geil (4x1GB Modules)
      • Storage:
      • Seagate 7200.11 500GB & Seagate 7200.10 320GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia 8800 GTS 512MB (G92)
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX620
      • Case:
      • Antec 900
      • Monitor(s):
      • 32" LG7000 LCD TV @ 1080P
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 20MB

I was looking at getting one of these, but don't want to be stuck in the same position!!

Is this a one off? Or do Zalman have QC issues?

Have you heard anything from Scan yet GFiSH?

Thanks

I've heard nothing at all yet. I have phoned scanned twice to chase this and both times I've been fobbed off with "It's been assigned".

As you can see the Scan staff haven't even had the decency to post in this thread.

I'm still awaiting an email or phone call to tell me what is going on. Scan have these in stock so could resolve this issue very quickly.

I've never experienced such bad service from Scan, I am always the first to stand up for them on my forums, so I am truly disappointed and disgusted by this.

Thanks

GFiSH

I shall look into this shortly and see if I can get an update for you

Thanks

Thank you for your reply, I look forward to hearing from you shortly.

Thanks

BUMP

Any news on this? I'm hoping to get my rig up and running before the Christmas holidays. Any update would be appreciated.

Thanks

Gfish,

I have requested an update - as soon as I hear anything I shall let you know.

Regards,

Thanks

Any update? Phoned and spoke to a girl this morning, she said she'd speak to the person who deals with missing parts and get them to phone me, but still not heard anything.

This is just getting stupid now, I'm getting fed up with chasing this every day. Can't someone at Scan take ownership of this?

Thanks

Ok, this is getting ridiculous now, I've got some kind of response out of your returns department after phoning up and chasing everyday since last Monday.

But now I'm told that they cannot source the parts, they have to swap the whole unit out. So now I have to uninstall everything and send it back. But the best bit is that I've received an email telling me not to send anything back until 2nd January, so this means I've been without a PC at home since Thursday 6th December, and will be until sometime in January. This is totally unacceptable, not only have you been keeping me waiting for the last week and a half, but now I have finally got a response from you it's less than satisfactory.

I'm not expecting any Scan employees on these forums to do anything but I just wanted to let you know that I'm disgusted by this service. I've been using Scan for about 6 years spending around £6000 and never have I had such a terrible service. I am seriously considering taking my business elsewhere, because the way I see it, you don't deserve my money!!

Thanks

A note, this is really quite shocking.

I come from the same gaming community as GFiSH (which incidentally he is one of the owners of but is too modest to say), and i'll be encouraging our membership to buy their kit from people other than scan, a company we had otherwise had ok dealing with (aside from citylink issues).

Its not just what you have done its how you have done it, i've been hearing about it as it goes along and you seem to not care at all, plus when you say you will look into something the upshot seems to be entirely pro-forma and no help at all.
    Last edited by LazyGourmet; 18-12-2007 at 01:41 PM.

Thanks

I can understand both parties in this "adventure" I can see you are just trying to get everything sorted and get a response etc. However, Christmas time puts a lot of strain on a company, and the guys that post in here do it in (I assume) their spare time, in between phone sales and generally work etc. As you have said, you have called and Scan want it all back for an entire replacement, I for one would have no problems with getting an entire new kit back! Of course, it has been a slow response which is out of the ordinary for for Scan but stick with them and they'll see you through!

As for the to modest to admit being a founder of a forum regarding the gaming community, thats a bit lame.. You can't really be modest about running a forum. Heh...

Registered+
    Thanks

Gfish,

First off you reported missing items to us around 28 days from receiving the unit and technically we don't actually need to do anything in the case now, because of the timeframe we could very easily state "sorry but you are way outside of the required 48 hours in our Terms & Conditions, as such we cannot assist you any further", however as a gesture of goodwill we are genuinely trying to assist you in resolving the issue.

Whilst I understand the January return is not ideal, at least we are actively trying to resolve this for you.

It has not been a slow response at all, during the week since this matter was reported to us we were actively trying to source the missing parts from the manufacturers, whilst I appreciate you felt the need to ring us every day for over a week, ultimately until we received a reply from the manufacturers there wasn’t that much we could do, hence why you were not updated, as there was nothing to update you with, after we received confirmation that the whole unit was needed to be returned we actioned this within about 5 minutes.

It is very disheartening for my staff and indeed myself to read these sort of posts when all we are trying to do is simply help you; may I strongly suggest you take our offer of a return in the new year.

Wesley Aldred
    Returns Manager

Registered+
    Thanks

Gfish

If the product was sold incomplete and unusable (as you need the degassing tube to set it up) then is a statutory right to have it fixed, replaced or refunded.

Contact the UK distributor (QuietPC) they are very helpful and turned round all my orders and and RMA the same day.

Thread Information