Thread: Thank you Scan for your service.

Thanks

Thank you Scan for your service.

Hi all and merry christmas to all.

I would like to take this moment and thank everyone at Scan and Hexus forum for being there when you put a problem of yours up here in this section or anywherelese in this forum.

The reason of me writing today is the frustration something can cause when you have a defective component in your system and like a disease it goes round killing other components one by one.

Now for me this happened to me when I purchsed a Tagan 900watt and I purchased it the week it came out very much like I have purchased all the items i have in my 2 PC's at home which consist of 8800GTX's , 3870HD , 8800GT. motherboard Maximus , P5Bdelux wifi , xfi elite , physics, etc, etc. My first 900watt tagan the switch died on me and it killed my Supertalant 800 cas4 which were £230 at the time.

I went to Scan and they changed it like they always do .They are the BEST for when it comes to customer service.I got my second one afew months down the line guess what ? the same thing again, the switch died on me. This time round luckily it blew just itself.

After a few months my mobo blows up for some reason. I go to Scan and they could not change it because of some pins on the mobo were bent and I remembered clearly recieving the board like that but it was my word against theres and its business at the end of the day. I saw where they were coming from too , they showed me the room full of mobo's like that they took from customers and lost money like that , so they were fair in what they said.

I should have returned the board when i got it like that but I didnt so its not Scan's fault but mine. Ok so I acknowledged my losses and purchased a 680I EVGA board . I was in shock at the time because my last mobo that just died on me was £180. Anyway go home and I thought it was only the mobo that blew up but it wasnt , it was also the PSU and guess what its the same Switch again.

So this time round I go to Scan and the guys so from tech return that ther is definately a problem which is blowing all these things. Anyway ffrom my side to make things better for the future I purchased a UPS and Scan said to me if it happens again we will exchange it for another type.

In the next months I saw the PSU rails were above the accepted allowance but I couldnt do anything and didnt because I had enough of this going up and down to Scan and hated ending in the returns room which made you feel low.

So a fortnight back my EVGA 680i blew up. I thought my warranty was up so I ordered a maximus x38 from scan . I took the 680i to RMA to EVGA and pick my new mobo up.I went to Scan and Razz the SUPERDUDE sorted me with a new one. I couldnt belive that and hats off to him for that.

I took it home and the mobo started to spark up from the mosfets area . I took it to SCAN. When I went there there were a few customers waiting in the tech returns room and it was 9.05 am and no one from Scan returns were there to attend to there returns so I thought why not buy the mobo you have to in the meantime and sort the RMA later.

I did that and after I picked my new X38 maximus mobo and I went to the RMA room. Andy the cool dude from tech returns saw the mobo and saw that there was something burning and sorted the RMA papers and took me too Hitend (Great lad)

Now I had already purchased a new mobo and hitend saw that , I told him to sort out a credit and he said this will be easier if I refund it back to your account now that you have already purchased a board.

I thought he did that because of the ammount of times I had come to change the board but it was mistake as i got a email from Wesley today. Anyway , I read Wesleys email and I wrote that I will take a same product even though I already have a new mobo as I have lost too much like this. Just after that another 4 hours passed me by and guess what the switch on my PSU has Died on me again.

I feel really unhappy. Its not Scan's fault that the Manufacturer sold a defected PSU to Scan and Scan to me but because of that one PSU 900watt Tagan I have gone through so many unfortunate events.

Tomorrow I have to go to Scan again and I dont know what is in store for me tomorrow .I have been really really unlucky. Also I dont know if its only the PSU that has died onme and nothingelse. Everythings under wartranty but I just dont need the hasstle. Its just too much.

MERRY XMAS to all STAFF at HEXUS AND SCAN.
    Last edited by nope; 19-12-2007 at 12:12 AM.

2. Received thanks from:

Chris P (20-12-2007)

Thanks
    • Blitzen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ABIT iX38 QuadGT
      • CPU:
      • Intel Quad Q6600 @ 3.6Ghz : 30 Degrees Idle - 41-46 Degrees Load
      • Memory:
      • 4 x 1GB OCZ Platinum PC6400 @ 4-4-4-12
      • Storage:
      • 2 x 500GB Samsung Spinpoints - RAID 0
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 285
      • PSU:
      • Enermax MODU 82+ 625W
      • Case:
      • Antec Nine Hundred
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Viewsonic Q22wb 22" Widescreen - 5ms
      • Internet:
      • O2 premium @ 17mb

Re: Thank you Scan for your service.

Surely though...to have this many components die in such a short space of time, there must be something you have overlooked that is casuing this.

Im not for a minute suggesting you dont know your way around a PC but no-one can be this unlucky.

BTW.....how did you get three GPU's in 2 machines when they are all different?

Thanks

I have a few GPU's outside the PC, one of them is a 8800gt , I spend too much on the pc compoents.Check my account with Scan and you will see that. Also bough mst of my items the forst week of it arrving at scan and I can tell you this you always pay a top dollar.

I have said the same thing why is it happeing always to me ?As if I dont get enough from my wife that you go round saying this too.
    The weird thing is I build pc for a lot of people and I work in a hospital as a techie repairing and building PC's and they are all fine. But its just my PC and its never the second pc in my house but the one I use.

I have purchased a a Monster Surge protector

Amazon.co.uk: Monster MP HTS 1000 UK AC Power Centre: Electronics & Photo

Also a UPS So blitzen yes I have pondered and tried to eliminate possible causes. Even for the overclocking , stopped doing that a year and a half back with the P5W64WS.I lost £180 then . The psu I purchased is to give me stable rails at 900watt which its rated at but on my currnet system the load is 490 watt load, idle about 290watts and I tell yu this the rails were not stable , they were well out , esoeically the 12v rail which was about 17v.

Dude , verytime this happens I HATE it big time. Just been really unlucky . I have to explain to my wife and it hurts. So Blitzen yes I have wondered why me?

I dont know why me but I do know this I have paid so much for all these items and I dont like parts up and ending in Scans returns is not my idea of a good day. I mean the lads in tech returns are great but coming there with a blown PSu and mobo and you can see them thinking and sying 'oh no not him again'. I dont blame them to think like that but what am I suppose to do ?

This is the thing , the items I have purchased are all top of the line compoents and they have extended warranties which in most cases last more than 3 yeasrv and I pay that extra dollar. I know the items that have blown on me they will be replaced but I hate it showing my ugly mug in the scans return room and hoping scan sort it out. I dont like doing this.

The last few times I mentally prepared myself that I will have to do a RMA to EVGA and I purchased a new board , I did not pester Scan with it but Razz has always helped me out and I greatly apreciate that. I spend a lot of money on these comonents . I use a 40" samsung 1080p as a monitor , my speakers are digital , have a physics and Xfi elite pro , my keyboard is a tarantula , also a mouse to go with it, mouse pad is a razer exactamat. Its a dream PC basically but its a nightmare when something goes wrong and I asure you this I hate it when this happens , I dont purposely blow up **** , I dread it big time.

Scan have been very very very good and helping me , also learnt a lot n the tech returns room by seeing the lads do what they do best.

I dont know if you know any person with a 900watt tagan but I have met a few and they have had the same problem , some twice and some even more until they changed the PSU. I have seen the new ones and they have tis switch , with a cover. So they have attended to the problem at hand and resolved it.But the one i have is still te old one.
    Last edited by nope; 19-12-2007 at 11:47 AM.

Thanks

OK so I went to Scan and went in to the returns room and met good ole Razz. I took my PSu to get it RMA'es to Tagan as I made decision by checking the night before that it didnt work. I checked with 4 power cables and 2 PSU checkers.

I went there without a Invoice . Reason this being is I have purchased soo many items and in that department I am never to good looking after the Invoice but very good at looking after the box it came in. Now this time round the Box it came does not have a LN number as the LN number was left on the PSU which got exchanged last time. SO Razz was lost finding the invoice.

he searched and searched and he kept very very clam as I would have got frustrated as there were loads of invoices. After a bit he asked 'me what was wrong with it' and I said that ' the on off wsitch doesnt work' , he then clicked it on and off a few times and plugged it in the PSU checker and guess what it worked.

I couldn't believe it , I looked like as if I saw a ghost. It worried me , was it because the PSU was too hot and it didnt light up the board at the time or was it the switch is now unstuck. Either way my PSU was not trustable. So in the end I purchased a new one.Corsair 750watt with 5 years warrenty.My PC is very very expensive and I do not want to take the risk.

Anyway , I have the mobo up and running and everythign is at default speed , but my NB is at 48c , Should I be worried?

Its a X38 board. Oh yeah and I forgot one thing , thanks Razz

Thanks

Can you VERY CAREFULLY feel around the NB area and heatsink (front and back of board), verify the temp is in such a high region 'manually'. If the board is very hot but the sink not then check its mounted and greased (check any possible warranty violations before removing anything).

If the sink is hot but the board not then consider fitting a fan somewhere to blow across it.

If the sink and board are hot then its can be faulty, over volted or the NB cooler is inadequate.

I dislike anything running over touch warm except in stress testing so I sometimes fit uprated coolers, but this can have effects on warranty claims.

edit:
    Forgot to ask, is your 48C report under high load/gaming/benchmarking or windows idle, BIOS, etc?

Thanks

The probe I a using is one I have placed in between the fins of the HeatSink . It is a new x38 chipset and I am wondering do they run hot ? Am i worried for no reason.

It took me ages to build what I have here and I dont want to take anything apart later because of my temps leading me into problems.

I have now stuck a fan over it but do I even need to do that. Or am I just worrying too much because silicon can take temps till 120c.

Thanks

ok, has the fan brought the temp down? and what are the temps now say in windows idling and under load?

Banned
    Thanks

Blimey, you have had some bad luck!

Thanks

Yup , the fan has bought the temps down to 29c. Wityhout the fan is 50c not ok though?

Its silicon and silicon can withstand heat to about 120c.

@chimp, yup . I think its because I keep on buying new stuff and iopening and closing the pc. Not exactly the best thing to do when tou have PC components. Now I know its running ok now I bet you when penryn comes I purchased that and opening it again.No running away from it.

I need to slow down with buying new stuff everytime something comes out.

Thread Information