Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SCAN produce LEMON 3XS TRIAD system - approx. £2,500 down the drain

Jay
    Thanks

Re: SCAN produce LEMON 3XS TRIAD system - approx. £2,500 down the drain

I don't understand why you removed the motherboard?
    □ΞVΞ□

Registered+
    Thanks
    • iwtone's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Striker Extreme (currently missing!)
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core 2 Duo E6700
      • Memory:
      • Corsair 8500 XMS2 DOMINATOR 1066
      • Storage:
      • 800Gb (2 x 400Gb Samsung)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 8800 GTX

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisP View Post
    iwtone

It's disappointing to hear about the issues you have been having with your system. The TRIAD system is extremely popular and issues are rare with this particular system.

Problems will always occur and we expect Customer's to have the intelligence to understand this, however the reason why we are recognised as having excellent customer service through the awards we have won is because we sort problems out and we care about the customer.

In this case I can understand your frustration and the issues you have experienced are isolated and we will do everything we can to get this system sorted for you.

We are not perfect but more often the not we get things right..

I will liaise with Ben / Sanjay in our System Support section to get your issues resolved as quickly as possible.

We will be in touch on Monday.

Best Regards
    "we are recognised as having excellent customer service through the awards we have won is because we sort problems out and we care about the customer"

I've seen no evidence of the above during the last three weeks. However, I do appreciate your intervention.

Thanks Chris.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • iwtone's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core 2 Duo E6700
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 8800 GTX

Quote Originally Posted by RabidDeathGnome View Post
    Rants are often never justified. After all your system is out of warrenty, technicaly they don't have to do anything. And like you said yourself, the support during warrenty was good.

You can't blame SCAN for having bad componants, thats the manufacturers fault. You surely can't expect them to test the PC for 3 months on end before shipping it out to them? Often faults in hardware arn't found for a week or two untill a problem arises when it's put into a certain situation.

And for the record of the bad form, they sell thousands of stuff every month. People don't tend to come to a forum to praise, they only come to rant. Understandably you can understand other peoples fustration when you come on hear whining to the heavens and not actualy asking for help.

If you were a company, and I sent you an email bauling and whining about how hard done by I am, and then being abusive and calling them idiots for their cable mangement system would you be happy to help AFTER their warrenty had run out? When you have absolutly no legal requirment to help?

All we're saying is that if you're going to ask for a favour and help on matters which you don't feel are satisfactory is to at the very least do it with a bit of courtesy, even if you are annoyed.

"When you have absolutly no legal requirment to help?"

The motherboard has three years warranty. So SCAN/Manufacturer have a legal obligation.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • iwtone's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core 2 Duo E6700
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 8800 GTX

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I don't understand why you removed the motherboard?
    SCAN (Ben, who raised the RMA) requested that I do this.

Thanks

iwtone

I've seen no evidence of the above during the last three weeks. However, I do appreciate your intervention.
    I wrote a lot more than what you commented on in response, maybe the quoted parts are all you chose to take on board :/ ,

But basically the point was - We have taken on board your comments and will act upon them to resolve this problem as quickly as possible ....... " We intend to change your current opinion "

Best Regards
    Last edited by Chris P; 08-06-2008 at 10:22 PM.

Thanks
    • RabidDeathGnome's system
      • Motherboard:
      • GB-P35-DS3L
      • CPU:
      • E8400 Core 2 Duo @ 4ghz
      • Memory:
      • 2 x 2 GB GEiL Red Dragon
      • Storage:
      • 640GB Samsung F1
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX alpha dog 8800GT @ 720/1775/2000 with S1/turbo module cooling
      • PSU:
      • 650w Xigmatek moduler
      • Case:
      • TT Armor + CPU watercooling
      • Operating System:
      • Windows XP SP3
      • Monitor(s):
      • 20" Samsung SyncMaster 2043BW
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 10meg

Quote Originally Posted by iwtone View Post
    "When you have absolutly no legal requirment to help?"

The motherboard has three years warranty. So SCAN/Manufacturer have a legal obligation.
    Yeah, to replace the motherboard. Not to fix your computer or sort out your other problems. All they do is either replace it with their own RMA team, or send it off to the manufactorer.

And often, the warrenty on a pre-built is only X amount for the entire system, such as a year for this. The three year you'll often have to go direct to the manufactorer such as with AVAdirect.
    Cleavage is like the sun...Quick glances.

OC Junkie!
    Thanks
    • Wiczy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS M6H 1203
      • CPU:
      • 4770k @ 4.5
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400
      • Storage:
      • Samsung Evo Pro 128 + MX100 256 + C300 64 + Assorted Mechanical Drives
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte R9 290X OC WF
      • PSU:
      • XFX 650W XXX Pro
      • Case:
      • old noname
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10 x64 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • AOC Q2770 PQU + LG WG2353V
      • Internet:
      • Plusnet Unlimited Fibre 80/20

Quote Originally Posted by Madafwo View Post
    I dont find it insulting, I find it unfortunate. I would be annoyed big time if it was me, but I would ask for help, not rant.

I can't offer you any support on this to be honest, I do hope you issue is sorted ASAP as I dont think anybody should be left with a £2500 lemon. I only took issue with it being your first post and all you did was just rant, not ask for help.

All of us are different. Instead of trying to tell the guy he has done wrong, why not either say nothing or say you understand his candor, regardless of how you would have reacted?

Peoples post count has nothing to do with anything at all, but I'm sure you know that

However, as Saracen has so eloquently ( as usual; damn his eloquence ) put, we've all had a rant, lets let Scan convince us all that they deserve our continued custom ( and damn them for always having what I want at a reasonable price )

Sorry for all the smilies Chianti FTW!!!
    Last edited by Wiczy; 09-06-2008 at 12:48 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wiczy View Post
    Do you not find the fact that he is being ignored after spending £2500 on a system that is failing component after component, with some components installed incorrectly, a tad insulting? All this from an 'award winning company with a strong focus on customer care'.
    No one is getting ignored and it does not help you putting usless information that simply does not help this situation. We are dealing with this thread and the issues we are not hear to deal with comments which do not help.

Error exists between Keyboard & Chair replace User and press Any Key!

.... Where's the Any Key???

Thanks
    • Ben @ Scan's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Evga X58 Sli LE
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core I7 920@4.5Gig
      • Memory:
      • 6 Gig Corsair DDR3 1600
      • Storage:
      • 1 x Intel 80 Gig SSD & 2 x 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F1
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia GTX 580
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 1000 Watt
      • Case:
      • Silver Temjin 07 (Silverstone)
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 Pro 64 Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Iiyama
      • Internet:
      • 50mb Virgin Media

Hi Ian

I am sorry to hear that you are not happy with the 3XS service.

I have checked through our query system and when we called you on 12/05/2008 you informed us that you had removed the motherboard and taken it to a 3rd party computer store who had tested it and said it was faulty, I arranged an RMA but as the board had been removed from the 3XS system by you this was passed to our parts returns department.

I did not advise you to remove the motherboard as I would never advise a 3XS customer in warranty to do this as 3XS systems in the second year are all RTB & customer pay only for parts that are not covered by manufacturers warranty, we cover the labour costs here.

You requested that the board be upgraded and you would pay the difference which you were told we don't do and the board (if found faulty) would be changed like for like unless it was end of life and then you would be given the equivalent current model.

The motherboard was returned here and tested in our returns test department who found no fault with it, it posted fine and passed all tests, there was no fault report included with the motherboard.

We pride ourselves with our 3XS Support and want to get this issue resolved as soon as possible, we will call you today to arrange to get the Triad system returned here to be looked at and any faulty components that are still under the manufacturers warranty will be replaced and tested thoroughly

When you first got your system there were teething issues with the 680i Nforce boards which have mostly been resolved through bios updates and motherboard drivers.

Please check that the memory voltage is set at 2.1 - 2.2 Volts with 5-5-5-15 as the memory timings as the Dominator Memory needs to be set to this setting and if the cmos has been reset the voltage & timings will have been as well.

Please for your future reference call 0871 472 4743 or 0871 472 4756 for systems support.

Regards

Ben Smith
    3XS Support Manager

Registered+
    Thanks
    • iwtone's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core 2 Duo E6700
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 8800 GTX

Angry Re: SCAN produce LEMON 3XS TRIAD system - approx. £2,500 down the drain

Quote Originally Posted by Ben @ Scan View Post
    Hi Ian

I am sorry to hear that you are not happy with the 3XS service.

I have checked through our query system and when we called you on 12/05/2008 you informed us that you had removed the motherboard and taken it to a 3rd party computer store who had tested it and said it was faulty, I arranged an RMA but as the board had been removed from the 3XS system by you this was passed to our parts returns department.

I did not advise you to remove the motherboard as I would never advise a 3XS customer in warranty to do this as 3XS systems in the second year are all RTB & customer pay only for parts that are not covered by manufacturers warranty, we cover the labour costs here.

You requested that the board be upgraded and you would pay the difference which you were told we don't do and the board (if found faulty) would be changed like for like unless it was end of life and then you would be given the equivalent current model.

The motherboard was returned here and tested in our returns test department who found no fault with it, it posted fine and passed all tests, there was no fault report included with the motherboard.

We pride ourselves with our 3XS Support and want to get this issue resolved as soon as possible, we will call you today to arrange to get the Triad system returned here to be looked at and any faulty components that are still under the manufacturers warranty will be replaced and tested thoroughly

When you first got your system there were teething issues with the 680i Nforce boards which have mostly been resolved through bios updates and motherboard drivers.

Please check that the memory voltage is set at 2.1 - 2.2 Volts with 5-5-5-15 as the memory timings as the Dominator Memory needs to be set to this setting and if the cmos has been reset the voltage & timings will have been as well.

Please for your future reference call 0871 472 4743 or 0871 472 4756 for systems support.

Regards

Ben Smith
    3XS Support Manager
    Let me be completely clear here, seeing that we're airing our dirty laundry for all to see. The motherboard was removed from the case after SCAN requested I post it to them. Indeed I remember receiving instructions to ensure that the board was well wrapped up in bubble wrap etc.

At no time did I inform anyone that I had removed the motherboard. Because it had not been!

As for an upgrade, for which I was willing to pay the difference, SCAN informed we that they would see what they could do. My thinking was that I don't particularly want a Striker Extreme back as it is clearly a dodgy board (see my initial message on this forum regarding Google hits for CPU INIT errors).

Your returns department have informed me on several occasions that the board should have been referred to the 3XS team. It should not have been tested with low level cheap components. I've been working in IT for 18 years. If you want to test something, you need to replicate the conditions under which the system failed! Again, if you take some time to check the forums regarding CPU INIT failures, you'll find that using low end memory may clear the problem. I don't want to have to have spare low end memory handy everytime the board reports CPU INIT errors in the hope it may solve future CPU INIT errors.

As for "Please check that the memory voltage is set at 2.1 - 2.2 Volts with 5-5-5-15 as the memory timings as the Dominator Memory needs to be set to this setting and if the cmos has been reset the voltage & timings will have been as well."

And how do I do that!

I'm not going to waste anymore money calling 0871 revenue making numbers. I'm still awaiting a call.

This was a good opportunity for SCAN to finally call me to reslve the problem. Thanks for winding me up even more! What fantastic Customer Service!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iwtone View Post
    Your returns department have informed me on several occasions that the board should have been referred to the 3XS team. It should not have been tested with low level cheap components. I've been working in IT for 18 years. If you want to test something, you need to replicate the conditions under which the system failed!

As for "Please check that the memory voltage is set at 2.1 - 2.2 Volts with 5-5-5-15 as the memory timings as the Dominator Memory needs to be set to this setting and if the cmos has been reset the voltage & timings will have been as well."

And how do I do that!
    For someone working in IT for 18 years, this should be simple, it's called the BIOS and it's been on PCs since the dawn of age. I know how to change memory voltages and I've been working in IT for a year. (Obviously past experience from home builds but only from a few years)

Quote Originally Posted by iwtone
    I'm not going to waste anymore money calling 0871 revenue making numbers. I'm still awaiting a call
    Try this number: 01204 474747

It's Scan before 087x numbers existed. You should be able to ask for whatever department

HEXUS.social member Disturbedguy's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Disturbedguy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Rog Strix Z370-H Gaming
      • CPU:
      • i7 8700K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair something or other
      • Storage:
      • 1 x Samsung 960 EVO (250GB) 1 x Samsung 850 EVO (500GB)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 1080Ti
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate
      • Monitor(s):
      • 32inch Samsung TV
      • Internet:
      • Crap

This was a good opportunity for SCAN to finally call me to reslve the problem. Thanks for winding me up even more! What fantastic Customer Service!
    How are they winding you up? They are trying to help you as has been posted above by Ben and Chris, what more can they do on forums.

So you call you, has it ever occured to you that they are busy.

To change the voltages you need to go into your bios.

Im not sure if its the same in the BIOS for each machine and at the moment I cant remember the name of the area to find this, cycle through the options available and you should come across the settings relatively quick.

IMO scans customers support is top notch, ive made countless orders with SCAN and have had 1 dead component from them, which they sorted very quickly and efficiently.

Instead of getting wound up, relax, have a cuppa and let the SCAN chaps do their stuff.

Thanks

First of all you have not started thread in a good mannor i understand you have a problem and this is a Care forum which actually is free to post. We are trying to help but you and not to wind you up it would be easier to to get this issue sorted without the unnecessary comments.

I have spoken to Ben who has confirmed when you called Scan you said you had removed the motherboard to take it to a third party to get their opionion we then informed you that you still had a 2nd year RTB warranty on the PC but because you have removed this alreay you could send it back as a part and then sent you the instructions on how to pack this. We did this at our cost even though we are not oblidged to do so.

Again to claim we have no Customer Service is quite harsh as you are using one of 3 ways to contact Scan and everytime we have replied.

2 methods to contact Scan which are Free and the 3rd at national rates.

The phones are sometimes busy hence the reason we supply 2 free methods.

Ben is still looking into how we can resolve this but I can guarantee we have gone out of our way to help you in the past which in your original post have confirmed yourself.

Regards

Thanks

Update

We have contacted the customer and although he is in his second year and only has RTB warranty as previously discussed we have offered to collect his PC at Scans cost and there would only be a charge if anything was out of warranty. We have offered to retest and fully configure his computer to get this issues sorted.

Unfortunately the customer declined our offer as it seems he wants a different motherboard.

I will update thread when Ben is available to comment and speak with the customer.

Registered+
    Thanks
    • iwtone's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core 2 Duo E6700
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 8800 GTX

Quote Originally Posted by Acksaw View Post
    For someone working in IT for 18 years, this should be simple, it's called the BIOS and it's been on PCs since the dawn of age. I know how to change memory voltages and I've been working in IT for a year. (Obviously past experience from home builds but only from a few years)

Try this number: 01204 474747

It's Scan before 087x numbers existed. You should be able to ask for whatever department
    Thanks for the phone number. FYI I don't have the m'board. It's been with SCAN for three weeks!

Registered+
    Thanks
    • iwtone's system
      • Motherboard:
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core 2 Duo E6700
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia 8800 GTX

Quote Originally Posted by Paulm@scan View Post
    First of all you have not started thread in a good mannor i understand you have a problem and this is a Care forum which actually is free to post. We are trying to help but you and not to wind you up it would be easier to to get this issue sorted without the unnecessary comments.

I have spoken to Ben who has confirmed when you called Scan you said you had removed the motherboard to take it to a third party to get their opionion we then informed you that you still had a 2nd year RTB warranty on the PC but because you have removed this alreay you could send it back as a part and then sent you the instructions on how to pack this. We did this at our cost even though we are not oblidged to do so.

Again to claim we have no Customer Service is quite harsh as you are using one of 3 ways to contact Scan and everytime we have replied.

2 methods to contact Scan which are Free and the 3rd at national rates.

The phones are sometimes busy hence the reason we supply 2 free methods.

Ben is still looking into how we can resolve this but I can guarantee we have gone out of our way to help you in the past which in your original post have confirmed yourself.

Regards
    "I have spoken to Ben who has confirmed when you called Scan you said you had removed the motherboard..."

OK, so now SCAN are accusing me of being a liar! Beyond belief! I never said anything of the sort. I lugged the rig to the local computer guy. The board was not removed until instructed to post it to SCAN.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information